Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 114

Thread: I'm desperate for advice. page 5

  1. #41
    Nstocks's Avatar
    Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    472
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Did you have these problems before dieting/eating primally?

    Why the heck are you low carb if you are already thin? Most likely you are hypothyroid and have low stomach acid.
    I've had skin problems since the age of 14 and it has never really gone away. I don't remember having half as many issues, other that slightly more widespread acne before eating real food. I've always had under eye circles.

    I'm low carb because, well I don't know why I'm low carb! I see so much info about eating lots of carbs, eating no carbs and it's all contradictory. I normally crash within a hour if I eat a lot of carbs too and other than the odd sweet potato, I don't enjoy them that much. Having said that I don't really enjoy food anymore anyway. I'd probably enjoy a binge on fruit but that's the worse way to get carbs! Even after a few slices of pineapple I feel tired.

    For the past 2 months I've been eating carbs at ever meal, mainly vegetables and they have not helped my bloating or other issue. For this reason I have concluded that they are not the way to go.

    Just now for my Dinner I had lamb meatballs (250grams) and courgettes fried in a lot of coconut oil (1.5 tablespoons with a lot - too much, salt). I'm bloated from that and it's really upsetting.

    On top of that, the more I look at my symptoms, the more problems I could have and the more conflicting diet information/recommendations makes it even harder. I know I should listen to my body but it's so confused right now that I have no idea what it wants!

    I just wish I had money to pay for tests or something. I honestly earn £60 per week and half of that goes to parents for living costs! (which exclude 70% of my 'special' food. 'Special' meaning not sugar laden junk)
    Last edited by Nstocks; 04-26-2013 at 12:30 PM.

  2. #42
    fiercehunter's Avatar
    fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the world
    Posts
    1,940
    Consult Danny Roddy or buy his book:
    Coaching — The Danny Roddy Weblog

  3. #43
    Nstocks's Avatar
    Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    I use to have SERIOUS stomach issues and when I'd use ACV before meals I'd throw up.Now I can have it because my stomach is aggravated anymore. ACV is good when your stomach is ready for it. it sounds like you need the tablespoon on Olive Oil over ACV right now. At least till ur stomach gets better.

    cheap fat: bacon, Olives, Tuna that is IN olive oil, cream goes a long way, flax or almond milk, full fat canned coconut cream IF you can eat that, butter, how about mayonnaise? you can get a grapeseed version or/and make it yourself WHy don't you do nuts? allergic or just expensive? If you say no to all of that... then honestly, I think your stomach issues are coming from not enough balance. you have to put in your fat somewhere if it's just Olive Oil u can use and use a lot of it.

    it sounds like you are extremely restricted (not because you want to be, but because of the circumstances) which is making it difficult. I'm not sure why you are avoiding eggs...maybe ur allergic? but i'd think about a LARGE LONG list of things you CAN eat and are avaiable to you so you have more in your daily diet and you don't feel so limited.

    Mayonaise is an option but last time I had some it made me a bit sick! (even though it was shop bought, it wasn't full of junk)

    I don't eat nuts because of pricing, digestibility and fear of Omega levels. I know this is a bit silly in some context but you constantly read nuts aren't that good. Don't eat too many nuts. Nuts cause Omega imbalance which can cause acne. Like Almond milk, is that really healthy? I doubt the companies soak the nuts to release enzyme inhibitors before grinding them up. To make it myself would be way too expensive.

    I'm definitely going to get some olives and I might actually try some cream or something... The thing is when it comes to dairy, the only 'food' I want to eat is cheesecake which means sugar and baking which I don't like haha!

    Eggs cause bloating and bass and I don't really like them unless they are hidden in a cake or something.

    I actually find myself searching through my cupboards weekly to see what I can sell. I've already put a lot on eBay and the next thing to go will be my car. I really don't earn a lot and I'm in between careers. (graduated last year, working in retail but I'm seeking a job in design having graduated with a degree in Architecture)

    I'm definitely going to do a 24 hours water fast. I need something to 'reset' my body - maybe this will help.

  4. #44
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Vegetables arent carbs, they are fiber. Fiber causes bloating. A water fast will only make you worse, if anything do a fresh juice fast.

    I think your biggest problem is you have self induced hypothyroid from a low carb, high fat, high inflammatory diet. The fear mongering of sugar is complete crap, even more so then the past fear mongering of saturated fat.

    A young man like yourself needs energy, the best source of energy is sugar. Try a diet of ripe fruit, fruit juice, dairy, sugar, a bit of animal products maybe once a day and little to no added fat or vegetables besides roots/tubers.

    Try this for a week andi would bet money it helps your digestion and energy levels. Things like acne and slin issues all stem from hypothyroidism and digestion issues so these may clear in time as well. Getting some more enzymes and Betein HCl to help with digestion would be smart.

  5. #45
    Nstocks's Avatar
    Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Consult Danny Roddy or buy his book:
    Coaching — The Danny Roddy Weblog
    Those tests look great value but I'm in the UK. The reputable tests over here, from what I've learnt are from this website: Food Intolerance Testing, Allergy Tests & Food Sensitivity Testing | YorkTest

    I was going to buy Marks email support for $9.95/month but now it seems like that option has gone. I no longer have money to pay for a comprehensive package either. I know that that NHS will not help me because I'm slim, young, non smoker, non drinker, non drug user and family history only comes into play above the age of 60. I had a hard time just asking for a iron deficiency test!

  6. #46
    Nstocks's Avatar
    Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Vegetables arent carbs, they are fiber. Fiber causes bloating. A water fast will only make you worse, if anything do a fresh juice fast.

    I think your biggest problem is you have self induced hypothyroid from a low carb, high fat, high inflammatory diet. The fear mongering of sugar is complete crap, even more so then the past fear mongering of saturated fat.

    A young man like yourself needs energy, the best source of energy is sugar. Try a diet of ripe fruit, fruit juice, dairy, sugar, a bit of animal products maybe once a day and little to no added fat or vegetables besides roots/tubers.

    Try this for a week andi would bet money it helps your digestion and energy levels. Things like acne and slin issues all stem from hypothyroidism and digestion issues so these may clear in time as well. Getting some more enzymes and Betein HCl to help with digestion would be smart.
    I greatly appreciate all advice on here, but here again is hugely contradicting information. Well, I guess nobody has told me to stop/cut out sugar, I have been informed to eat way more fats.

    Which part of my diet is inflammatory?

    I though the best source of energy is fat? (not to sound smart here, it's just what I've learned since going paleo)

    I love the sound of a fresh juice fast but again this is so contradictory to what I've read about lack of fiber in juices.

    I completely believe that my skin is due to gut health. Again, I've been led to believe that sugars manifest issue in the gut.

    Thanks for your help.

  7. #47
    Dulcimina's Avatar
    Dulcimina is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    124
    I'd say go to a doctor and get checked out. I know there is a cost issue, but all those supplements cost a lot too, and they're not going to help if they are not targeting what you need. Eleven hours of sleep per night seems like a lot, and combined with cold extremities reminds me of when I was first hypothyroid. But I can also get that way when I'm too low-carb. Can your parents give you a break on rent while you save up for a doctor, or can you work more hours?

  8. #48
    Nstocks's Avatar
    Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcimina View Post
    I'd say go to a doctor and get checked out. I know there is a cost issue, but all those supplements cost a lot too, and they're not going to help if they are not targeting what you need. Eleven hours of sleep per night seems like a lot, and combined with cold extremities reminds me of when I was first hypothyroid. But I can also get that way when I'm too low-carb. Can your parents give you a break on rent while you save up for a doctor, or can you work more hours?
    Well I could keep trying at the Doctors, but if I just tell him I still have mild acne and feel bloated, he will probably tell me to eat more/less fibre. He's really not useful with any of my family. There's no way I'm buying more supplements, I haven't found a single supplement yet to be useful and I've tried a lot! What exactly should I ask the doctor for, test wise? He probably won't 'recommend' any extensive tests, but if I suggest them, he's more likely to believe I have issues.

    I do get a lot of sleep and heres why: I work one day per week and whilst I work most days on leaving that job, I don't exactly have a lot to wake up for. (not in the depressing, I hate my life way, but in the, "Ok, I have 14 hours of my day, what can I do all day?") Also, if I get up at a normal time, I will need to eat more and that will cost more.

    Although my cold extremities have gone down, I still get them. I went to the doctor's 3 times about this and he just said "It's normal, even my daughter get cold hands and feet". Yeah, not helpful.

    I get as much overtime as I can, but the superstore (leading store in the UK), don't give out much overtime. They just moan about only making £xxx BILLION compared to last year and the fact that their profits fell 3%.

    I'm seriously considering selling my car but insurance doesn't finish until September. I pay £60/month insurance and I doubt I will get much back. The family already know I'm selling my car after insurance is up because I don't use it much. (so there's about £3,500)
    Last edited by Nstocks; 04-26-2013 at 12:55 PM.

  9. #49
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Muscle meat, pufa and fiber can all be extremely inflammatory if gut health is subpar. Ketosis and glucogenesis are both inherently stressfull states to be in. All these things also lower thyroid hormone and suppress thyroid function.

    Yes, everything you know is a lie. Insteas of going over why for the hundredth time on here i suggest you just take a leap of faith and give it a try. Sugar cant possibly kill you in a week can it.

  10. #50
    Nstocks's Avatar
    Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Muscle meat, pufa and fiber can all be extremely inflammatory if gut health is subpar. Ketosis and glucogenesis are both inherently stressfull states to be in. All these things also lower thyroid hormone and suppress thyroid function.

    Yes, everything you know is a lie. Insteas of going over why for the hundredth time on here i suggest you just take a leap of faith and give it a try. Sugar cant possibly kill you in a week can it.
    Ok, so for the next week would it be better to try whole fruit or buy fruit juice? I do fairly well with butternut squash and I've found a good recipe with that: http://thehealthyfoodie.com/2013/03/...-chicken-mash/
    Last edited by Nstocks; 04-26-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •