Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 114

Thread: I'm desperate for advice. page 4

  1. #31
    quelsen's Avatar
    quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lexington Kentucky
    Posts
    2,972
    Primal Fuel
    anything high in potassium ( think green veg) is going to deplete sodium
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

    Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

    CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


    Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

  2. #32
    Nstocks's Avatar
    Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    anything high in potassium ( think green veg) is going to deplete sodium
    Got it. I'll definitely start measuring it out more so I know I'm getting enough. RDA in the UK is 6 grams. I couldn't care less what the government state, but is 6g enough?

    Thank you

  3. #33
    Nstocks's Avatar
    Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
    This is going to sound really silly... But do you make sure to wash your hands and mouth after you eat? The fact that the acne is only on your jawline and chin makes me think that you might have little bits of food on your face, or are touching your face with dirty hands. I'm by no means calling you messy! But... My bf would always complain about getting a zit after eating certain foods (esp fatty meats) and when I noticed him touching his face, I suggested he make it a routine to wash his hands and mouth after eating. His skin is immensely more clear these days!

    Just a suggestion
    Not silly at all! Touching your face or having dirty things (phones) touch it can definitely cause acne. I however don't touch my face unless I wash/wipe it.

    I'm also starting to wonder if changing my bed sheet once per week isn't enough? I change the pillow case twice per week and it does seem strange that it's always my jawline that gets breakouts. I always try not to sleep on my side because the contact with bedding may be a problem.

    If only acne was this simple...

  4. #34
    Yoga11's Avatar
    Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I don't eat breakfast... Never hungry until after 12pm! I see your point though. What about eating kraut as the first food, then waiting a bit longer for dinner? Is that the wrong way around? I'm pretty sure bananas and definitely avocado bloat me. Pretty sure (yummy) dried fruit does too.

    I only cook with coconut oil and rarely use any other fats, occasionally olive oil on salad but I don't eat much salad due to insoluble fibre. I definitely can't do Broccoli or other cruciferous as they give me terrible gas. I agree with you about Kale, but I refuse to eat non-organic greens. Those dried kale chips are organic but they have cinnamon and cacoa... I'm already starting to grow my own though but they won't be ready for months.

    Why almond milk? Apart from the omega 6, is it just another source of fat which I need?

    I thought I was anaemic a couple of years ago so I had Iron tests... They were fine but then I demanded a full blood test... That was fine too. I'd like more tests but my Doctor doesn't think about these things like I do I guess? NHS don't like giving out 'free' tests unless you are over 60. (IMO)
    Yes, I would imagine you need MORE in your daily diet. Find MORE different veggies to add in to your diet. I think you need more fat in it. My boyfriend has acne and he was young IT WAS BAD! i mean marks ALL OVER his body. He started eating more like me "Primal" and his skin is changing... he is using "African Black Soap" (which is made from cooked oil) I get it from healthy grocery stores or order online (it;s amazing) he uses it in the shower for his skin shampoo and body wash, I now use it because my skin is better then ever from it! doesn't dry out!!, he stopped drinking beer (the wheat makes him get pimples), he also upped his FAT higher because now he doesn't eat sugar or wheat and can USE the fat for energy and his skin is hydrated and MUCH better!

    if the acne is around your chin, they say thats hormonal which means 1. you need to support your hormone levels a. sprinting b. giving your body what it really needs for fuel which is fat at this point. You body may not be using the fat for fuel if you are really carb sensitive, which in your case the root veggies everyday might be the issue. If I wasn't getting enough fat and ate fermented stuff my stomach would HURT.

    OHHHH and I heard it's BEST to have a tablespoon of Oilive oil, coconut oil, or MCT (I think thats the name) 30 minutes before you eat. It coats the stomach!

    I'm an artist and when I get oil paint on clothes the saying goes, "Oil lifts oil" and that goes for the body as well. I would UP your Fat and LOWER your carbs you are getting from your root veggies. I mean don't get me wrong it's good to have them, BUT try other things, other veggies. I only have a root veg maybe 2 times a week. Find other veggies! eat other parts of the chicken (like I said) it's cheaper TOO! up your fat!
    Last edited by Yoga11; 04-26-2013 at 11:30 AM.

  5. #35
    Geeknik's Avatar
    Geeknik is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I'd need to work out the carbs protein and fat, I'm not too geared up about protein.

    I'll give the egg a try! Can you use the yolk over two days (for the first fortnight) or should you use fresh everyday?
    I smeared the entire egg yolk all over my face and waited 10 minutes or more for it to completely dry before washing it off with warm water. It's for preventing as well as clearing up outbreaks. You don't have to get free range eggs. Just get the cheapest eggs on sale since it's just for a facial.
    Last edited by Geeknik; 04-26-2013 at 11:57 AM.

  6. #36
    Nstocks's Avatar
    Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    472
    I would agree that I need to eat more, but currently with waking up, it takes 2-3 hours to feel hungry or less bloated.

    Where else can I get (cheap) fat?! I mean, I eat fatty cuts of meat apart from the chicken. Fish is fatty. More olives? More oils? I don't do eggs or nuts which are a great source of fat. Dairy isn't for me either.

    I'll look into the african black soap too. Oil lift oil for sure which is why I've been using sesame and jojoba oil on my face...

    I've always thought that having something acidic like ACV before a meal is best. I'll try olive oil as well but I take digestive enzymes anyway...

    I'll definetley look for more veggies. It's hard because they are either a FODMAP or a leaf which is covered in chemicals. (I can literally see the chemicals on kale leaves at the stores!) but I am starting to grow my own.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 04-26-2013 at 11:41 AM.

  7. #37
    Geeknik's Avatar
    Geeknik is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    71
    I don't always get hungry at breakfast time so I'll have bulletproof coffee or tea. I don't care for the grass fed butter in my coffee like some do so I usually just put a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tbs of heavy whipping cream instead. So bulletproof coffee or tea in the morning and again in the afternoon would be a good way to get extra fat into your diet.

  8. #38
    Yoga11's Avatar
    Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I would agree that I need to eat more, but currently with waking up, it takes 2-3 hours to feel hungry or less bloated.

    Where else can I get (cheap) fat?! I mean, I eat fatty cuts of meat apart from the chicken. Fish is fatty. More olives? More oils? I don't do eggs or nuts which are a great source of fat. Dairy isn't for me either.

    I'll look into the african black soap too. Oil lift oil for sure which is why I've been using sesame and jojoba oil on my face...

    I've always thought that having something acidic like ACV before a meal is best. I'll try olive oil as well but I take digestive enzymes anyway...

    I'll definetley look for more veggies. It's hard because they are either a FODMAP or a leaf which is covered in chemicals. (I can literally see the chemicals on kale leaves at the stores!) but I am starting to grow my own.

    I use to have SERIOUS stomach issues and when I'd use ACV before meals I'd throw up.Now I can have it because my stomach is aggravated anymore. ACV is good when your stomach is ready for it. it sounds like you need the tablespoon on Olive Oil over ACV right now. At least till ur stomach gets better.

    cheap fat: bacon, Olives, Tuna that is IN olive oil, cream goes a long way, flax or almond milk, full fat canned coconut cream IF you can eat that, butter, how about mayonnaise? you can get a grapeseed version or/and make it yourself WHy don't you do nuts? allergic or just expensive? If you say no to all of that... then honestly, I think your stomach issues are coming from not enough balance. you have to put in your fat somewhere if it's just Olive Oil u can use and use a lot of it.

    it sounds like you are extremely restricted (not because you want to be, but because of the circumstances) which is making it difficult. I'm not sure why you are avoiding eggs...maybe ur allergic? but i'd think about a LARGE LONG list of things you CAN eat and are avaiable to you so you have more in your daily diet and you don't feel so limited.

  9. #39
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Did you have these problems before dieting/eating primally?

    Why the heck are you low carb if you are already thin? Most likely you are hypothyroid and have low stomach acid.
    Last edited by Zach; 04-26-2013 at 12:34 PM.

  10. #40
    Yoga11's Avatar
    Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    194
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Did you have these problems before dieting/eating primally?

    Why the heck are you low carb if you are already thin? Most likely you are hyporthyroid and have low stomach acid.
    Ohhhh yaaa.. this could be very true.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •