Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm desperate for advice. page 2

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks for telling me that, I can see them so I would have guessed you can too!

Here's a breakdown

Last Wek:

Wild Salmon 400g
    Sauerkraut approx 2 cups
    Minced Lamb 500g
    Dried Figs half a cup
    Rocket Leaves approx 3 cups
    Pilchards (2 tins) (8 pieces)
    4 chicken breasts (no skin)
    2 Sweet Potatos
    4 Parsnips
    3 carrots
    Pork Tenderloin 400g
    4 Courgettes
    Bananna
    Half a Pineapple
    A few macadamia nuts (1 tablespoon)
    Curry powder (no junk)
    Capers
    Ginger
    Cinnamon
    Sage
    Salt
    7 tablespoons coconut oil
    3 Litres Bone Stock
    1 cup shredded coconut (not sweetened)
    4 Coconut secret bars

This Week
    3 Chicken Breasts (no skin)
    600g Wild Salmon
    100g Lamb Chops
    Sauerkraut 1 cup
    Mackrel (2 pieces)
    Cucumber
    Rocket Leaves
    4 Courgettes
    3 Litres Bone stock plus one butternut squash in the soup.
    500g Minced Lamb
    approx 300g Kale chips
    small handful dark chocolate
    Cinnamon
    Ginger
    Curry powder
    5 tablespoons coconut oil
    (the attachment shows beef steak for this week, instead I'm having Salmon on Sunday)

I also had some coconut yoghurt this week but that bloated me and gave me very bad gas so I've stopped eating that. (I hardly ever drink coconut milk and this is the first time I've had coconut yoghurt). Most yoghurt makes the dark undereye circles even worse. Last time I ate Activia yoghurt over 2 years ago, the family thought somebody hit my in my eyes!

I would normally eat less chicken but I don't have enough money to buy more read meat, so I'm rationing what I have left!
    Curry powder is also a recent addition for me. I've avoided spices for months and still don't eat nightshades.

I can also calculate the total amount of supplements if needed.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 04-26-2013 at 08:39 AM.

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    I was just wondering if you could be suffering from histamine intolerance? I'm just looking into this as I think I may have a mild case of this...and it looks as though a fair number of foods you eat (including the fermented ones) are quite high in histamine.

Chris Kresser has written some interesting stuff about it if you're interested in finding out more.

Quote Originally Posted by spuggygirl View Post
    I was just wondering if you could be suffering from histamine intolerance? I'm just looking into this as I think I may have a mild case of this...and it looks as though a fair number of foods you eat (including the fermented ones) are quite high in histamine.

Chris Kresser has written some interesting stuff about it if you're interested in finding out more.
    Yep, I've looked into that too. I took something for this last year ( a holistic practitioner told me this could be related to dark circles) but that did nothing.

I took these: Victoria Health - leaders in vitamins, herbal supplements, skincare and haircare products : Aller-DMG

They actually dried out my skin and I had to stop taking them halfway through.

I definitely wonder about the Sauerkraut because it's a histamine and FODMAP but if I take this out, I'm not getting food based probiotics and it's so yummy!

I completely understand that eliminating foods may help, but I feel like I'm already on something of a strict diet. It seems like there is a problem with every food!
    Last edited by Nstocks; 04-26-2013 at 08:50 AM.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    SODIUM

too little of it
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Try dropping sauerkraut for a few days and see if that's it. Sauerkraut, particularly in combination with some other foods is a deadly bloater, lol. Try cucumbers/radishes with some vinegar instead as a crunchy snack.

As for inflamatory pimples, I get those the moment I touch anything with fructose, fruit, honey (deadly!) or sweet potato.

Now, i know, that severely limts your already limited choices, but maybe some stuff tyou have eliminated ain't that bad?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried doing SCD or GAPS (without dairy)? Starting with the intro diet and going from there could help you figure out what's causing your problems. Also, I'd absolutely stop eating sauerkraut for now. Depending on the state of your gut it could be making your symptoms much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    SODIUM

too little of it
    Hmmm maybe, but I'm not sure that's the main problem? I don't like the taste of a lot of salt but I'd guess I eat at least half a teaspoon a day. I also don't sweat that much so I'm not loosing it in that way. I'll work on upping my dosage!

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    read what you wrote.

unless you are certain you are in the 3% group for whom soduim is deadly bloating the the bodies defense against brain stem collapse and death.

" I'd guess I eat at least half a teaspoon a day" - way way too little even include natural sodiums from food.

most of your foods are soduim depleters as well.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

I'll try cutting out Kraut for a few days. I just keep thinking that I still had skin issues without the Kraut, so adding it hasn't helped but I know it has health benefits. I'm still taking Biokult, which is a debatable form of probiotics but still...

I really don't eat much fruits, 3 pieces a week at the most and I never bake or use honey. I was following a meal plan in Practical Paleo so at every meal I was eating either sweet potato, parsnip, carrots or butternut squash. This was to help with gut flora with soluble fibre.

I'm actually wondering if coconut oil isn't helping? But then that leaves me with Ghee and I'm really not sure about any form of dairy. (again because it caused severe dark circles, even though ghee has the proteins removed)

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    read what you wrote.

unless you are certain you are in the 3% group for whom soduim is deadly bloating the the bodies defense against brain stem collapse and death.

" I'd guess I eat at least half a teaspoon a day" - way way too little even include natural sodiums from food.

most of your foods are soduim depleters as well.
    Got it, I'll be more generous that a 'pinch' when adding it to meals.

Which foods deplete sodium? I'm not too knowledgeable at these kind if things.

Thanks for your help.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast