Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: I'm desperate for advice. page 11

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Try betein HCl and ice cream. That combo cures everything.

Honestly i think you will find no relief with SCD but good luck anyway. If you ever want to give my advice a try just send me a PM. My advice certainly wasnt plucked out of thin air.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Low HCl will cause problems with everything. Sort that first.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Low HCl will cause problems with everything. Sort that first.
    I had about 60 capsule of 600mg HCl and I tried 8 capsules with no heat. I then reduced it after 3x8sets to 4 capsules.

I'm now taking this which contain 200mg HCL amongst some other stuff. Now Foods Super Enzymes, 180 Caps: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

I never feel heat from these items so I'm reluctant to buy more.

I also tried the bicardobate of soda test and that didn't make be belch or anything. It made me slightly fuller like FODMAPS do.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    It has all stemmed from orthorexia after trying to clear my mild acne holistically. (and dark circles). Each week (which have now turned to months of 'healthy' eating but years of worrying about it) I cut out more foods because that was the only thing I could control.

I'm frustrated for sure, but I'm not too stressed. I'm confused too. It pisses me off that I eat all of these amazing foods and I'm no healthier than joe bloggs who chugs down garbage all day. This is probably due to gut issues and not being able to assimilate foods.(leaky gut)

Pre-paleo I don't really remember feeling great. I remember binging a lot on junk and that was the only exciting part of eating at that time. (and because I didn't have to pay for it - there's an abundance of junk food at home) Throughout out the journey of trying to eat real food, my skin still hasn't been great. I remember cutting out dairy 5 years ago and whilst that helped a little, I feel my problems now are not going to be anything like those causing acne 5 years ago.
    I feel your pain man. It's pretty frustrating when you keep trying to do things "right" and you feel like it's fucking you up even more. However, you have only been "primal" for five weeks right? And in that time you've been low carb? I see you've decided to try another kind of diet, but personally I think eating a clean diet (no processed food) with moderate amounts of each food group is the option with the least margin of error.

Also, how much water do you drink? The "two litres a day" propaganda is flawed, but would be helpful to know how much you're consuming / if you're absorbing it or peeing / sweating it all out. The area under the eyes is related to kidneys (in terms of nervous system).
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I feel your pain man. It's pretty frustrating when you keep trying to do things "right" and you feel like it's fucking you up even more. However, you have only been "primal" for five weeks right? And in that time you've been low carb? I see you've decided to try another kind of diet, but personally I think eating a clean diet (no processed food) with moderate amounts of each food group is the option with the least margin of error.

Also, how much water do you drink? The "two litres a day" propaganda is flawed, but would be helpful to know how much you're consuming / if you're absorbing it or peeing / sweating it all out. The area under the eyes is related to kidneys (in terms of nervous system).
    I've been paleo for over 2 years now. I started cutting out all processed foods when I did a candida cleanse. The program was initially for 7 days but I actually did it for over 2 months! After that, grains most processed sugars, all dairy and other foods where not part of my diet. Sure I ate some junky candy now and then but considering how far I had come at that time, I could at least allow some 'bad' foods.

I've been modified paleo for 2 months now (so autoimmune paleo) and it's still just not working. I'm starting to connect the dots between going too low carb and not realising it, and the consequence that has had for me personally. I mean, even last year a typical day would be a green smoothie (with berries), salad and fish for lunch and dinner would be chicken or salmon with salad or sweet potato. I've actually only started to eat meat in this past year and perhaps I've been overdoing that? Some weeks it would be red meat at all but two meals! (which cost a lot too)

I'd say I drink as much tea as I drink water. Each mug of tea is 500ml and I easily drink 3 of those a day. Then between meals I'd drink probably 3 pints of water. Sometimes its less sometimes its more tea and less water. I pass water fairly often but I don't sweat at all. Like nothing. Even when I had a cold last year (which doesn't happen every year), I took a bath of epson salts and ginger which is suppose to make you sweat tremendously but I never did.

I've definitely heard that dark circles are kidney related too. Last time I went to the doctors he asked if I drink (I don't) and they just looked into my eyes. After that he just said "You are fine".

A natural practitioner also suggested this to me one year ago: "One of the causal factors is also the way in which iron is processed by the body leading to iron metabolites that accumulate around the delicate area. There is a genetic link for this concern though often anaemia, iron deficiency, could be a problem. Poor liver function is another possibility but in both cases tests will have to be performed."

My blood tests were fine and the Doc still didn't see that I had any problems. He also had me lay down and felt my stomach for organ size and there were fine too. Not that it's related but I had a hernia about 10 years ago. Not sure what the 'part' was that they needed to operate but the scar line is just below my underwear line.

Zach is offline Banned
    Another big sign of hypo is not sweating and urinating a lot. Drop the amount of water/tea you drink and concentrate on the juice/fruit for liquids.

So you were a vegetarian before paleo?

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Another big sign of hypo is not sweating and urinating a lot. Drop the amount of water/tea you drink and concentrate on the juice/fruit for liquids.

So you were a vegetarian before paleo?
    You know, quite a lot of people asked me that when I was at uni (graduated last year).Someone even said I look ill which could be the dark circles or because I was 10-14lbs lighter when I was at uni. (stressful architecture degree with a huge amount of stress and little calorie intake) I wasn't a vegetarian but everyday/meal would be chicken breast (CAFO) or salmon (wild). Occasionally tuna and that was it! Even when I went paleo, it was a while before I ate red meat because I still had the impression it was bad. I then visited the organic farm where they grass fed the animas and I can see why meat is so important, and tasty.

I only really drink so much tea because for one I'm english! but also just because it's still cold here and tea warms me up. I'm going to use fruit juice for cold and tea for hot drink. Actually just amking jello right now and it looks amazing.

I'm really starting to understand that I've not been making healthy choices and why low carb has made my body so messed up with no real recovered after the typical meat and veg.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 04-28-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    I dont understand the british = drink tea thing. Is it like americans with coffee? I dont get that either, haha.

The problem with using tea to warm up is its actually counterproductive because tea is a diuretic and also flushes sodium so you get a double cooling effect and an energy crash. You should aim to warm yourself with dry foods, salt and improving your thyroid and metabolism.

I dont understand the british = drink tea thing. Is it like americans with coffee? I dont get that either, haha.

The problem with using tea to warm up is its actually counterproductive because tea is a diuretic and also flushes sodium so you get a double cooling effect and an energy crash. You should aim to warm yourself with dry foods, salt and improving your thyroid and metabolism.
    Haha, well it's a long english tradition to have tea and cakes in the afternoon, so I guess the tea thing is still a modern part of what people drink? I always though it was Italians and coffee!

Dry foods? Dried fruit? Most fruit is high in water so I guess that isn't a 'dry food'?

Is it advisable to keep taking NOW super enzymes (HCL200mg) at each meal as well as Biokult once a day whilst I try to improve my thyroid?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I dont understand the british = drink tea thing. Is it like americans with coffee? .
    It's like Americans with soda

Actually, many nations drink huge amounts of tea, I don't know what it got so associated with the Brits. Go to India or China (or Ireland) and they'd show you what real tea consumption is...!

I used to drink twelve cups a day.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast