Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: comment about dairy page

catdance62 is offline Senior Member

comment about dairy

Shop Now
    What do you think about this statement? It was contained in a body of an article about why dairy is bad for you. I don't drink milk, but I do consume some yogurt and cottage cheese in pursuit of protein (I lift weights).

Also compelling: While we grew up believing that consuming dairy products would help us build strong bones, studies are actually proving that the opposite is true, says Goldschmidt. "Contrary to mainstream belief, the high protein content of dairy products acidify the body's pH, causing calcium to leach out of the bones to correct the pH imbalance, which weakens them." Goff concurs: "Dairy is a rich source of animal protein, which contributes to a negative calcium balance in your body - and this is what leads to osteoporosis."

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Don't know what to think of that. Personally, I am only after the dairy fat (butter / ghee / heavy cream or even double cream and hard cheeses).
    The rest is pretty useless to me, I don't buy any high protein dairy at all.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    We've been through this before, over and over. You should search the forums. To summarize though, your body regulates your blood's pH level to within a pretty narrow range or you die. This occurs largely via pulmonary respiration and also in the kidneys. Your urine is not your bloodstream. The acid:alkaline balancing concept is total woo.

stoney56 is offline Member
    Thank you. Anytime the mythical acid/base balance is mentioned, I cringe. The Paleostia chick has gone down that well before.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    It's true that populations that eat more dairy don't have stronger bones than those that don't. The reasoning here is not well supported.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    We've been through this before, over and over. You should search the forums. To summarize though, your body regulates your blood's pH level to within a pretty narrow range or you die. This occurs largely via pulmonary respiration and also in the kidneys. Your urine is not your bloodstream. The acid:alkaline balancing concept is total woo.
    This should be a sticky. I answered the exact same question yesterday. This PH nonsense just will not die. It is mostly found on vegan websites trying to impress you with the evil that is red meat.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    You need dairy for calcium plus a lot of other things to be able to absorb it:
    Calcium…what you need to know. | KD Fitness San Diego Personal Trainer

catdance62 is offline Senior Member
    thank you for the info.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    fierces reasons you need dairy are as much woo as the reasons you in your post saying you need to avoid it. Dairy is an individual beast that you can live with or without. Just figure which works better for you.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by neckhammer View Post
    fierces reasons you need dairy are as much woo as the reasons you in your post saying you need to avoid it. Dairy is an individual beast that you can live with or without. Just figure which works better for you.
    word!!!
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast