Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Money issue page 3

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Magnolia-- for pet sitting, did you find your customers yourself, or did you use an agency?
    Both... the agency I works for takes a huge cut, so I mostly just do my own now.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Sell your car. Quit your phone and internet plans, quit cable. That's probably a good chunk of change right there.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

fiercehunter is offline Banned

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by runman1954 View Post
    Strip? I'm not a prude but I have two daughters, I'd hate to think someone was suggesting that they strip for the extra money. Waitressing seems like a reasonable alternative, bartending as well. Retain your dignity, don't lower yourself, somethings are more important then money, dignity and self esteem are two.
    When I first read this I reacted the way you did. Then I remembered a TV show on a Las Vegas cat ranch. I was stunned at the amount of money that lots of college girls made during the summer. and there was certainly no problem with dignity. I think if I was that age again I might at least look into it a bit. How dignified are unpaid debts? It's a thought.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 04-27-2013 at 03:30 PM.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    What is your major in? The Google Summer of Code lets your participate in open-source coding projects with a $5000 stipend. There's also a program run in parallel just for women to encourage more to apply; these projects aren't necessarily programming-based. https://live.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen

Re stripping: I personally really enjoyed Magic Mike, so... [something concluded, possibly]

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    My Daughter goes to old folks homes and does the old ladies makeup, 20 bucks a shot and she helps the old trouts look pretty. You schedule a place for a day and then do all comers. She 20 people a day easy.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

paul119 is offline Senior Member
    If you like to write, try odesk.com for freelance work. You can work about 10 hours a week, and make around $100 (if you write quickly and efficiently).

Other options include elance.com, iwriter.com and a ton more (just google it).
    Travel, eat well, and learn about life - three things I love to do

Curious about what YOU should pack next time you're on the road? Check out my Definitive Guide to Backpacking Nutrition

You guys are amazing. I didn't expect to get more than three responses, let alone three pages. These ideas are great, thank you all so much!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123