Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Money issue page 2

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Look into donating plasma-you get paid to do it. Not much (usually a couple hundred bucks a month), but it's easy to do and doesn't take up too much time. Might be a way to supplement whatever else you do. I used to donate through a company called BioLife and I think they're all over the country. There's other places too.
    *~Sara~*

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Make sure that you come up with a detailed and strict budget and stick to it. Do not waste any of the extra cash that you are able to come up with.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Sign up for Webanswers.com. It won't make you $6000, but it's easy supplemental income. You can easily make a few hundred dollars by summer time just by answering questions online in your spare time. I see you have internet access and spare time, as you are on here

Also, go to the bank and see if you can qualify for an FHA loan or down payment loan. If you have good credit, there are many options available for housing loans. You might however need a cosigner as you say you have no income. Maybe a parent?

You say you are a female college student, that tells me you're young enough for this option: Have you considered donating your eggs to a fertility clinic? When I was in college (not that long ago, 2006-2012) I would see poster ads for this kind of thing, offering $5000 for donating eggs. If you're comfortable with that, why not? You've got thousands.
    Last edited by kathleen; 04-26-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Depending on where you live, very good money can be made doing odd jobs or farm work. It's hard finding people willing to do that kind of work. I easily make $200-$300 cash a month just tending to chickens and fixing fences.

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    You have 4 months, so that's $1,500 a month you need to come up with. Stripping is about your only option that isn't full time. I can make that tutoring, but not during the summer and I have an established clientele that love me. If you have experience you might be able to make that as a summer nanny, but you're going to have to provide educational enrichment and show that you're worth it (plus quit the unpaid internship). Maybe some combo of nannying and waitressing if you don't have the body to strip (I've heard it's fairly competitive in NYC).

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    How many hours a week does this unpaid internship gig take up? If it's a lot, it's going to be a big barrier to making money, as a lot of your time and energy will be spent on something that doesn't give much reward in the short term. I guess such things look good on resumes? *shrug*

Lionbridge offers legit work from home jobs, try it here: Online Jobs with Lionbridge Crowdsourcing

If youre reasonably normal looking, sociable, good at makeup and smiling you can probably make a killing bartending in the city.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Does your university have a career center?

Mine had this thing where you could apply to get paid for an unpaid internship. (But in general, I'd bet they'd have a lot of resources re: summer jobs)

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Bartend. In nyc. You'll make that in a month. Easily. My buddy bartends 3 nights a week in a dive bar in a small town in nj and he makes a grand a week. Easily. Way more sometimes.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Well I will jump the shark with this recommendation but used in the short term it could change whatever mindset is keeping you from having what you want. There are testimonies of people for whom it has worked:
    The Abundance Bottle from Moses's Grace Flower Essences

I got a better job at a well-known company after taking it and also got a check for $800 out of the blue from my mom.
    Is snake-oil primal approved?

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Depending on where you live, very good money can be made doing odd jobs or farm work. It's hard finding people willing to do that kind of work. I easily make $200-$300 cash a month just tending to chickens and fixing fences.
    Also, if you have a pickup, go around an pick copper wires and products people are just tossing out. You can break a lot of them down for raw materials and make some decent cash off it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast