Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Ketosis Log: Join me page 9

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Thanks for the information. I just ordered it.
    Great!!! Sorry I had to put you through a bit of a scavenger hunt, but I think you understood my reasoning.

How are you feeling Marissa?

dob
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
    So many numbers. Thanks for spelling all that out for me. I decided to fast today to kick start myself. It's 1:00 and I'm going through a hunger phase but just some rumbling. Wide awake and actually feel good. Will sit down with those numbers tonight and plan tomorrows food. Should I break my fast with steak and eggs? Or just bacon and eggs? Will do a weigh and measurements tomorrow.
    I'm glad you're feeling good, which is very important. In the beginning it's a bit complicated, but you'll get the hang of it. The numbers will eventually be the easy part, the challenge is fine tuning to meet your goals. I'm fine tuning and experimenting. I have a couple things up my sleeves as far as self experimentation, but it depends on whether my current progression stalls.

As for your fast, I'm not sure how I can help as I have really very little knowledge or experience in this area. I also am not sure how you should break your fast. I guess how I'm eating could be categorized as intermittent fasting, but this is something that I feel has occurred naturally. As I added more fat to my diet, I felt less hungry. I really noticed this after I began doing a version of bullet proof coffee, adding extra virgin coconut oil, butter, mct oil, etc to your coffee, which filled me up. It taught me how to recognize that I was satisfied and could wait before I ate my next meal.

As far as what to eat, eat what you enjoy but keep track of everything your eating by measuring. I love bacon and have enjoyed it on the weekend with my girlfriends son. However, I recently have avoided it bc of the sugar. I also don't want the sugar to affect my state of ketosis.

When I have a bit of hunger, I drink water to see if I'm really hungry or not. My hunger signals can be mistaken for being thirsty at times. But if I'm still hungry shortly after I drink water, then I being to prep my meal.

I think measuring your body is a good way of tracking.

dob
    Lunch: 12:00 pm

8 oz Grass Fed Beef (85%), 3 oz mixed Green Salad, 3 oz Avocado, 1 Tbsp MCT Oil, 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, 1.6 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 Cup of Coffee, 2 Brazil Nuts, 2 Tsp Fish Oil

Calories: 977

Fats: 88
    Protein: 46
    Carbs: 9.3 (2.6 net carbs)

dob
    Checked my blood glucose twice, once before eating and 1.5 hours after eating and my glucose was 87 before and 86 after. Good sign that my slight increase in protein isn't affecting my blood glucose levels.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    Great!!! Sorry I had to put you through a bit of a scavenger hunt, but I think you understood my reasoning.

How are you feeling Marissa?
    It's ok, I totally understand the reasoning behind it.

I'm feeling fairly good today. Had a long workout, some lunch, vacuumed the house and about to get my daughter from school. I feel my energy waning a little right now, still not sure that I'm eating enough.

dob
    Dinner: 4:30 pm

8 oz Grass Fed Beef (85%), 3 oz Mixed Green Salad, 1 oz Avocado, 1 Tbsp MCT Oil, 1 Tsbp Olive Oil, 1.5 Tbsp EVCO, 1.75 Tbsp Apple Cider Viengar

Calories: 950

Fats: 87
    Protein: 43
    Carbs: 4.3 (1.8 net carbs)

Totals:

Calories: 1,927

Fats: 175 (79.4%)
    Protein: 89 (17.9%)
    Carbs: 13.6 (2.7%)

dob
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    It's ok, I totally understand the reasoning behind it.

I'm feeling fairly good today. Had a long workout, some lunch, vacuumed the house and about to get my daughter from school. I feel my energy waning a little right now, still not sure that I'm eating enough.
    My energy level flattens out an hour or two after I eat and stay pretty constant. I ate less calories for a couple days and haven't really noticed any changes in my energy levels throughout the day.

You could adjust your caloric intake and see how you respond to it. Another thing I read was regarding our tolerance to certain foods, like dairy, nuts, eggs and others. You could try pulling out some foods and seeing how your body responds. Before making any changes, stick with what you're doing for a couple more days and see what happens. If it continues, you may want to adjust.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    My energy level flattens out an hour or two after I eat and stay pretty constant. I ate less calories for a couple days and haven't really noticed any changes in my energy levels throughout the day.

You could adjust your caloric intake and see how you respond to it. Another thing I read was regarding our tolerance to certain foods, like dairy, nuts, eggs and others. You could try pulling out some foods and seeing how your body responds. Before making any changes, stick with what you're doing for a couple more days and see what happens. If it continues, you may want to adjust.
    Sounds good, I will do that. I have faith that things are going to start to get better, it's just taking me some time to get better adjusted. I have faith.

splunky is offline Senior Member
    Hello,

I stumbled upon this thread today when I came here to see if I could start some sort accountability for myself. This is exactly what I want to do but am having the hardest time getting kick started. Wondering if I could post my nutritional values, glucose and weight here daily, or maybe every other day for some accountability? Your thread and results have been quite inspiring.

dob
    Hi Splunky. welcome and Absolutely. Feel free to post as you see fit and if it helps keep you accountable, I'm all for it. Getting started is always the hard part...take a one day at a time and don't beat yourself up in the beginning if you eat too much of one thing and not the other. Eventually, you'll get there. Just start, adjust, adapt, experiment, and keep at it.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast