Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ketosis Log: Join me page 5

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hey there.

Egyptiangroks burning sensation sounds like the result of the intense physical exercise going on. Transitioning to keto is a rather difficult time for your body. Might not be the optimal time to do this. But if it works, great.
    thanks for the info so ur suggesting that keto with high intensity workouts isnt optimal?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by egyption grok View Post
    thanks for the info so ur suggesting that keto with high intensity workouts isnt optimal?
    I'm saying that *transitioning* to keto while doing high intensity workouts probably isn't optimal. You should let your body get used to the new fuel system before putting that level of physical stress into the mix.

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by egyption grok View Post
    What she is saying is that you need time for your body to adjust. It took me 4 weeks for my body to adjust before my works felt normal again. Give it some more time. It's kind of like learning a new sport...you can't just jump in and expect to be at peak performace. You need to practice and work at it. Give it a couple more weeks and see what happens. I've also read that ketosis may not be ideal for someone who needs bursts of energy, rather it's optimal for someone who want steady energy, like a long distance runner. But again, I'm not the expert.

dob
    May 3, 2013

Morning Measurements: 6:59 am

Ketones: 3.4
    Glucose: 72

Weight: 209.8
    Body Fat %: 19.5%
    Lean Body Mass: 168.9 (down .231 lbs)

Fat Mass: 40.9 (down 1.27 lbs)
    Waist: 39.25"
    Chest: 43.25"
    Thigh: 21.5"
    Arm: 15"
    Total: 119" (down 2")

So I gained a pound from yesterday, could be any number of things, but I'm pretty shocked at my overall numbers. I've lost 1.37 lbs of fat mass from a week ago and 2" total from my body. Not too shabby. My ketone levels are the highest they've ever read and glucose is low. I don't think i need to be that high, but it seems like if I eat roughly 2,000 kcals and my macros are approximately 81/15/4 give or take a percentage point, my ketone levels stay pretty high level. So the one stat I am concerned with is the drop in lean body mass, which I understand to be typical with fat loss. What if I were to increase my protein intake a bit and reduce my fat intake a bit. Will that preserve my lean body mass and permit fat loss as well. Let the experiment begin. So for this week, even thought things seem to be going well, my macro levels will be adjusted to 78/18/4, but will maintain my caloric intake at 2100.

Last, I'm going to be taking measurements every two days from here on out.
    Last edited by dob; 05-05-2013 at 07:28 AM.

dob
    I'm saying that *transitioning* to keto while doing high intensity workouts probably isn't optimal. You should let your body get used to the new fuel system before putting that level of physical stress into the mix.
    Thanks Paleobird!!! long time. How you doing?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    Thanks Paleobird!!! long time. How you doing?
    Great, thank you. I have a new Significant Other relationship in my life that is giving me better things to do than hang out on this forum all the time.

dob
    Great, thank you. I have a new Significant Other relationship in my life that is giving me better things to do than hang out on this forum all the time.
    Nice and congrats!!! Let the honeymoon begin and hopefully never end!!! Be careful of the forum-flu....take naps for your strained eyes and place your hands in ice to get over the symptoms. You'll be fully adapted in a couple weeks. you can't do this now, you have 300 more posts before you reach 10K. Come on!!!!

dob

dob
    Lunch: 12:00pm

3 Large Range Free Eggs, 4 oz grass fed beef, 3 oz tuscan kale, 2 Tbsp EVCO, 1 Tbsp MCT Oil, 1 Cup of Free Range Chicken Broth, 2.5 oz of espresso, 2 Brazil Nuts, 1 Tsp Fish Oil

Calories: 1,062

Fats: 94

Protein: 45

Carbs: 15.6 (net carbs 8.5)

Dinner: 5:30 pm

8 oz Grass Fed Beef, 1 oz Chicken Thigh, 3 oz Mixed Green Salad, 1.5 Tbsp EVCO, 1 Tbsp MCT Oil, 1 Tbsp Olive, 1 tsp Fish Oil

Calories: 1,003

Fats: 90

Protein: 50

Carbs: 1.8 (net carbs 1.2)

Totals:

Calories: 2,065

Fats: 184 (78.6%)

Protein: 95 (18.1%)

Carbs: 17.4 (3.3%)

dob
    May 4, 2013

Weight: 208.2

Breakfast/Lunch: 11:00 am

3 Large Free Range Eggs, 4 oz Grass Fed Beef, 2 Tbsp EVCO, 1 Tbsp MCT Oil, 1.5 Tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice, 2 Brazil Nuts, 1 Tsp Fish Oil

Calories: 1,092
    Fats: 97
    Protein: 45
    Carbs: 16.7 (net carbs 11.1)

Dinner: 5:00 pm

8 oz Grass Fed Beef, 3 Oz. Mixed Green Salad, 1 oz Grass Fed Cheese, 1 Tbsp MCT Oil, 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp EVCO, 1 Tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice,

Calories: 953
    Fats: 85
    Protein: 51
    Carbs: 3.1 (net carbs 2.5)

Totals

Calories:
    Fats: 182 (78.1%)
    Protein: 95 (18.1%)
    Carbs: 19.8 (3.8%)

First day of eating of increasing my protein intake and lowering my fat intake. I feel more hungry. Curious to see how my ketones read tomorrow.
    Last edited by dob; 05-05-2013 at 07:27 AM.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast