Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 203

Thread: Ketosis Log: Join me page 18

  1. #171
    dob's Avatar
    dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    220
    Primal Fuel
    marissa checking in with you. How have you been?

  2. #172
    dob's Avatar
    dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    220
    Day 31

    Measurements: 6:45 AM
    Weight 205.4
    Ketones: 3.2
    Glucose: 87

  3. #173
    dob's Avatar
    dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    220
    Lunch: 12:30 pm

    4 oz 80% Grass Fed Beef, 2 oz GF Round Roast Beef Jerky, 1 cup Bone Broth, 3 oz Kale, 15 grams Parsley, 2 Tbsp EVCO, 1 Tsp Fish Oil, 2 Brazil Nuts

    Calories: 819
    Fats: 68
    Protein: 45
    Carbs: 6.9 (5 net carbs)

    Dinner: 5.30 pm

    8 oz 80% GF Beef, 2 oz GF Round Roast Beef Jerky, 2 oz Kale, 1.5 Tbsp EVCO, 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice 1 tsp Fish Oil,

    Calories: 887
    Fats: 72
    Protein: 54
    Carbs: 5.7 (4.6 net carbs)



    Totals:

    Calories: 1.716
    Fats: 142 (74.5%)
    Protein: 97 (22.6%)
    Carbs: 12.6 (2.9%)

  4. #174
    dob's Avatar
    dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    220
    Day 31 - May 21, 2013

    Measurements: 6:30AM

    Weight 203.8
    Ketones: 2.9
    Glucose:100

    Gradually increasing my protein intake has allowed me to stay in ketosis. I also think staying in ketosis is a result of caloric cycling and very low carb intake.

  5. #175
    dob's Avatar
    dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    220
    7:00 am Yoga 30 minutes. I haven't joined a gym yet and my legs are still sore. I figured yoga would help stretch my muscles a bit and get my heart rate elevated a bit.

    Yesterday, I was wondering why I gained weight after a hard workout on Sunday. I did a search on the internet to discover numerous articles and forum posts stating that after resistance training, your body retains water as a mechanism to heal your muscles, which mad sense. On Sunday I had a hard workout (still sore), and the following day gained weight. I also reviewed my 30 day log, which showed that I had a slight gain in weight after each workout. Learn something new everyday.

    Lunch: 2:00 pm

    8 oz 80% GF Beef, 2 oz GF Round Beef Jerkey, 3.5 oz Mixed Green Salad, 2.5 oz Avocado, 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp ACV, 2 Brazil Nuts, 1 Fish Oil

    Calories: 1,008
    Fats: 84
    Protein: 54
    Carbs: 9.1 (2.7 net carbs)

    Dinner: 5:00 pm

    3 oz Free Range Chicken Thigh, 3 Free Range Eggs, 1 cup Bone Broth, 1.95 oz Kale, 4 Tbsp EVCO, 1 Tsp Fish Oil

    Calories: 980
    Fats: 86
    Protein: 46
    Carbs: 5.6


    Totals:
    Calories: 1,988
    Fats: 170 (76.9%)
    Protein: 100 (20.1%)
    Carbs: 14.7 (3%)
    Last edited by dob; 05-22-2013 at 07:36 AM.

  6. #176
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    marissa checking in with you. How have you been?
    Awww, thanks so much for asking about me. I've been turned upside down for the last several days, ever since Friday night. I binged on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. Yesterday I didn't binge, thank goodness, but didn't eat keto, or even primal for that matter. Had some SAD foods, but at least didn't binge so that is progress. So I'm starting fresh today, I know I can do this, I just have to get past the first few days till I get into ketosis, and then I know the cravings and appetite will go down. So I just need to hold out for that.....I can do it!!!

    I see you are still seeing steady weight loss, that is just wonderful news!!! Congrats to you!

  7. #177
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    7:00 am Yoga 30 minutes. I haven't joined a gym yet and my legs are still sore. I figured yoga would help stretch my muscles a bit and get my heart rate elevated a bit.

    Yesterday, I was wondering why I gained weight after a hard workout on Sunday. I did a search on the internet to discover numerous articles and forum posts stating that after resistance training, your body retains water as a mechanism to heal your muscles, which mad sense. On Sunday I had a hard workout (still sore), and the following day gained weight. I also reviewed my 30 day log, which showed that I had a slight gain in weight after each workout. Learn something new everyday.
    This happens to me as well. Can be disconcerting when you see the number on the scale go up, but at least you know why it's happening now. And usually the more sore I am, the more water I retain. That's why when I first start a workout, my clothes seem to feel tighter for the first couple weeks. It's frustrating, but at least it isn't real weight gain.

  8. #178
    dob's Avatar
    dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Awww, thanks so much for asking about me. I've been turned upside down for the last several days, ever since Friday night. I binged on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. Yesterday I didn't binge, thank goodness, but didn't eat keto, or even primal for that matter. Had some SAD foods, but at least didn't binge so that is progress. So I'm starting fresh today, I know I can do this, I just have to get past the first few days till I get into ketosis, and then I know the cravings and appetite will go down. So I just need to hold out for that.....I can do it!!!

    I see you are still seeing steady weight loss, that is just wonderful news!!! Congrats to you!

    Glad to hear from you and that you're back on track. It may be a good that you're going in and out of ketosis and you're body will eventually adapt. I think if you stick it out for the first month it will be easier.

    The weight loss is just one indicator of reaching my goal, which is to lose this belly fat. I'm hoping my adjustments are going to pay off. I think I'm at the height of my protein in take and now it's just finding that balance where I can maintain my lean body mass and lose the fat.

  9. #179
    dob's Avatar
    dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    This happens to me as well. Can be disconcerting when you see the number on the scale go up, but at least you know why it's happening now. And usually the more sore I am, the more water I retain. That's why when I first start a workout, my clothes seem to feel tighter for the first couple weeks. It's frustrating, but at least it isn't real weight gain.
    I found it great to be able to read why I had such large fluctuctuation in weight after a workout, but it made perfect sense and the patterns I saw in my chart confirmed it all.

  10. #180
    dob's Avatar
    dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    220
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 33 - May 22, 2013

    Measurements: 7:15 AM

    Weight 204.6
    Ketones: 2.7
    Glucose: 77

    Lunch: 12:30 pm

    8 oz Novy Ranch 80% GF Beef, 4 oz Mixed Green Salad, 43 g Avocado, 1 Cup Bone Broth, 1 Tbsp EVOO, 2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice, 2 Brazil Nuts, 1 Tsp Fish Oil

    Calories:934
    Fats:78
    Protein: 51
    Carbs: 7 (3 net carbs)
    Dinner:4:30 pm

    8 Oz Novy GF 80% Beef, 5 oz Mixed Green Salad, 1.5 Oz GF Beef Jerky, 2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice, 1 Tbsp EVOO, 1 Tsp Fish Oil

    Calories:660
    Fats:50
    Protein: 48
    Carbs:4.4 (3.4 net carbs)


    Totals:
    Calories:1,602
    Fats: 129 (72.4%)
    Protein: 99 (24.7%)
    Carbs: 11.4 (2.8%)
    Last edited by dob; 05-23-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •