Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ketosis Log: Join me page 17

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    Thanks. my weight might increase tomorrow. For my lean mass, I'm using calipers. The calipers came with some instructions on where to measure and how those relate to the % of fat mass. I use a conservative number, usually .5% above what the chart is stating so that I can give myself wiggle room. I know it's not accurate, but if areas I'm measuring are getting smaller then I look at it as a positive sign. I look at it as though I'm measuring my waste, as long as it's getting smaller, I'm moving in the right direction. I'll get a dexa scan at the end of my experiment.
    Sounds all very technical, but pretty cool nonetheless.

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Day 29

May 18, 2013

Weight: 202.4

dob
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna4ba6xter View Post
    I'm getting use to this way of eating and feel pretty darn great.]
    It is pretty amazing Anna. Welcome. Great to have you on board. How long and what made you come on board?

dob
    Alright Paloebird. I finally made your pate recipe and can't wait to try it with my lunch and dinner today. I didn't have any herb's and spices, which will make a difference. I also used the liver I froze from last week, so it's not a fresh as I'd like it to be....fresh liver is a must. Guess this is just a process of learning. Thank you!!!

I attached a pic the nutritional content that I created in my calorie counting program. The recipe is named in honor of you. Thought you'd get a kick out of it.

Paleo Bird Pate Nutrition.jpg

BTW, how has reducing your meds been going? I'm slowly going through your second journal, around pg 11. I like how you're using different sources of meat to fill your nutritional needs. Fascinating. Great stuff. I love the experiment.

You could write a book so easily with your experiences, recipes, and your thought process behind your recipes. I read one of your posts where you're using bone broth as a base for a recipe (sorry can't recall it exactly) and you made a curry as well. So I thought what a great idea to use the bone broth and mix curry powder to make a sauce. Yummy and finally something a little different from my ground beef and salad.

Anyways, hope you're doing well.

dob
    Lunch: 1:00 pm

4.15 oz Wild Sockeye Salmon, 1/2 serving Paleobird Pate, 4 oz Mixed Green Salad, 1 cup Bone Broth, 2 oz Avocado, 1 Tbsp EVOO & EVCO, .75 Tbsp MCT Oil, 1/2 Tsp Organic Ghee, 25 grams lemon juice

Calories: 954
    Fats: 79
    Protein: 49
    Carbs: 11.7 (6.5 net carbs)

Dinner: 4:30 pm

4.25 oz Wild Sockeye Salmon, 4 oz 80% Grass Fed Beef, 3 oz Mixed Green Salad, 1 Tbsp EVOO and EVCO, 1 tsp Ghee, 1 Tbsp ACV

Calories: 830
    Fats: 71
    Protein: 46
    Carbs: 1.9 (1 net carb)

Totals:

Calories: 1,784
    Fats: 150 (75.7%)
    Protein: 95 (21.3%)
    Carbs: 13.6 (3%)

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    Alright Paloebird. I finally made your pate recipe and can't wait to try it with my lunch and dinner today. I didn't have any herb's and spices, which will make a difference. I also used the liver I froze from last week, so it's not a fresh as I'd like it to be....fresh liver is a must. Guess this is just a process of learning. Thank you!!!

I attached a pic the nutritional content that I created in my calorie counting program. The recipe is named in honor of you. Thought you'd get a kick out of it.

Paleo Bird Pate Nutrition.jpg

BTW, how has reducing your meds been going? I'm slowly going through your second journal, around pg 11. I like how you're using different sources of meat to fill your nutritional needs. Fascinating. Great stuff. I love the experiment.

You could write a book so easily with your experiences, recipes, and your thought process behind your recipes. I read one of your posts where you're using bone broth as a base for a recipe (sorry can't recall it exactly) and you made a curry as well. So I thought what a great idea to use the bone broth and mix curry powder to make a sauce. Yummy and finally something a little different from my ground beef and salad.

Anyways, hope you're doing well.
    Doing fine, thank you. I can't see the attachment yet but I am honored to have it named after me. Every batch of pate' gets better. And never be afraid to err on the side of adding more fat.

The meds are holding steady at 25% down with no seizure problems. I'm going to hold there a while and then maybe reduce the dose a bit more.
    I'm doing this milk thing right now just for the sake of experimentation. I don't know if this is going to be great or get tossed on the scrapheap of ideas found on the internet that weren't that great IRL. We shall see. The carb content of it is higher than I would normally eat but I think the low level of overall calories is keeping me in ketosis.

I just ordered some more exotic meats like yak and camel and alligator. It is fun to mix it up.
    I use bone broth as the basis of a lot of my recipes and use it as a fat/moisture source to cook things like steaks in. That curry sounds delicious.
    No plans to write another book. I'm already in the process of writing two separate novels which may or may not ever get published. It's a fun process.

dob
    Day 30 - Wow, I can't believe it's been 30 days of tracking. I'll have my entire 30 day results in a separate post.

May 19, 2013

Measurements: 7:20 am

Weight: 203.2
    Ketones: 2.6
    Glucose: 87

Workout: 9:30 am

I'm switching from HIT to free weights for the next 12 months to gain strength. I will continue to utilize the principles of HIT because it promotes safety first with proper form, slow movement, and lifting till failure. I think these concepts can be transferred to free weights.

Today's workout was exhausting and long. The lunges with 105 lbs is kicking my ass and I'm going to be feeling it. I'm using a lunge instead of squats because I lack the equipment. I wanted to do a full body workout, but when I tried dead lifting, I just couldn't handle it. I can't wait to join a gym so I can begin a new strength training program and with proper equipment.

Lunch: 1:30 pm

8 oz 80% Grass Fed Beef, 2 Free Range Eggs, 2.5 oz Avocado, 1 cup Bone Broth, 15 g Scallion, 10 g Parsley, 10 g Basil, 19 g Onion, 1 Garlic Clove, 1.5 Tsp Curry Powder, 2 Tbsp EVCO, 2 Brazil Nuts, 1 Tsp Fish Oil

Calories:1,323
    Fats:109
    Protein: 66
    Carbs: 19.5 (6.5 net carbs)

Dinner: 4:30 pm

6.5 oz Free Range Chicken Thigh, 4.85 oz Mixed Green Salad, 2 Tbsp Olive Oil and EVCO, 1.25 oz Top Round Grass Fed Beef Jerkey, 2 Tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice, 1 Tsp Fish Oil

Calories: 830
    Fats: 75
    Protein: 46
    Carbs: 3.6 (2.6 net carb)

Totals:

Calories:2,205
    Fats: 185 (75.5%)
    Protein: 112 (20.3%)
    Carbs: 23 (4.2%)

dob

dob
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Doing fine, thank you. I can't see the attachment yet but I am honored to have it named after me. Every batch of pate' gets better. And never be afraid to err on the side of adding more fat.

The meds are holding steady at 25% down with no seizure problems. I'm going to hold there a while and then maybe reduce the dose a bit more.
    I'm doing this milk thing right now just for the sake of experimentation. I don't know if this is going to be great or get tossed on the scrapheap of ideas found on the internet that weren't that great IRL. We shall see. The carb content of it is higher than I would normally eat but I think the low level of overall calories is keeping me in ketosis.

I just ordered some more exotic meats like yak and camel and alligator. It is fun to mix it up.
    I use bone broth as the basis of a lot of my recipes and use it as a fat/moisture source to cook things like steaks in. That curry sounds delicious.
    No plans to write another book. I'm already in the process of writing two separate novels which may or may not ever get published. It's a fun process.
    Well you deserve all the credit for sharing your recipes and helping others out. I like that you're a positive force on these forums.

Good luck with the milk thing. I love all things dairy, but I think the asian side of my genes are kicking in as I get older. I'm wondering if taking probiotics and enzymes can help with tolerating dairy.

I feel like you should be on Anthony Bourdain's show. I just saw the episode where he was in Libya and they were eating camel. And after you had mentioned eating offal, there was an episode in the quebec region of canada where restaurants were serving up heart, kidneys, horse meat, etc. What a coincidence. Canadians eat from head to tail.

Glad to hear you're well. Take care

dob
    Splunky, how have you been?

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast