Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ketosis Log: Join me page 13

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by splunky View Post
    Today I have done ok, but not great. Got incredibly snarky while the ret of my household (4kiddos and hubby) were nibbling on apples and PB and popcorn. I ended up nibbling on flaked coconut. Good food choice, just too much of it.
    I also remembered that I used to take chromium to stabilize my blood sugar. Diabetes runs in my family and I have had morning sugars over 100 on and off. So last night I took some before bed and my morning sugar was 84!!!

Weight 146.0
    FBS 84
    I will try to get ketosis shortly as I know I will be in ketosis today or tomorrow.

Breakfast:
    1/2 avocado, 1.5 duck eggs

Lunch:
    Roasted beef from last night. 2 oz sharp cheddar, handful of cucumber and celery slices.
    Snack: probly 3/4 cup of flaked coconut. I also ate 1 apple slice w PB (sigh-cant be that bad)

Dinner: will be
    1/2 bag spinach cooked (helps in the umm.....elimination department)
    Leftover beef from last night
    Will put in my nutritional data later and report back. Oddly enough, even with the higher fat content/nibbling today I a, fairly hungry.

Dob: thanks for your input re fasting sugars. The sleep issue is not from LC its more circumstantial. I already take magnesium nightly as well. Thanks tho!
    Also, I am super worried about muscle loss. How can I be sure I don't lose alot of muscle? Am already pretty weak and workouts are minimal due to adrenal issues. Just working my way back to a routine every other day.
    Good news regarding your blood sugar. I didn't know chromium help's with blood sugar. I read on a diabete's website that apple cider vinegar before bedtime also helps. Jimmy Moore is promoting a product that does the same, but can't recall the name.

I'm worried about muscle loss as well. I've read that muscle loss is normal during weight loss, but to maintain or have a less severe decrease you need to lift heavy things. I was informed of a workout regiment from paleobird regarding a workout from Mark Sisson called Primal Fitness. It's free on this website, so check it out. I read through it and it's actually a really good program. You lift heavy once a week by using body weight type workouts, push ups, squats, etc, with several levels from easy to hard. The remainder involves moving around by walking, riding a bike and doing something that's fun for you. He also recommends sprinting once a day, but that is also a routine with levels.

For me, I lift heavy for 15-20, do a short 30 minute yoga routine, and hike once a week. I would like to incorporate sprinting into my routine as well, but that will happen when I feel comfortable. I have run up a couple of the sections when I'm hiking, so that may count.

You may want to consider the following for yourself... My primary focus is on eating properly, losing fat, and becoming healthy. Once I reach my goals, I'll focus more of my energy to gain weight through building muscle. Be patient, it will all come together. You'll find what's best for you.
    Last edited by dob; 05-11-2013 at 06:35 PM.

dob
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    You guys are doing great!!! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks Marissa. So how are you doing?

dob
    Dinner: 5:00 pm

5 oz Lamb Chops, 2.5 oz Wild Sockeye Salmon, 5.5 oz Asparagus, 2 Tbsp EVCO, 1 Tbsp EVOO, 1 Tbsp MCT Oil, 2 Brazil Nuts

Calories: 936.8

Fats: 80

Protein: 48

Carbs: 6.2 (2.6 net carbs)

Totals:

Calories: 1,834

Fats: 154 (76%)
    Protein: 93 (20%)
    Carbs: 19.2 (4%)

dob
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yes. If you are going to eat it raw, it should be left frozen for two solid weeks. Supposedly this is how long it takes to get rid of any parasites by freezing the little buggers to death.

If you have a dehydrator, you can also desiccate it and then put it in smoothies and soups.
    Thanks. Have you tried liver raw? Scary

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    Thanks. Have you tried liver raw? Scary
    No, that is just from what I've read. I like it in pate' and I can get it down if cooked with lots of bacon and onions (because an old sneaker would taste good cooked in enough bacon and onions.) Raw is definitely beyond my gross-out threshold.

I just ordered some of US Wellness Meat's liverwurst. I think that will make a good warm weather alternative to cooking.

dob
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    No, that is just from what I've read. I like it in pate' and I can get it down if cooked with lots of bacon and onions (because an old sneaker would taste good cooked in enough bacon and onions.) Raw is definitely beyond my gross-out threshold.

I just ordered some of US Wellness Meat's liverwurst. I think that will make a good warm weather alternative to cooking.
    LOL, Can't go wrong with bacon. I cooked it in butter and it wasn't bad. I was anticipating that my gag reflux would kick in with my first bite, but it wasn't the case. Maybe thinking the worst actually helped.

dob
    Day 23 - May 12, 2013

Weight: 204.4

Marcie is offline Senior Member
    Pretty close to falling under 200 dob, good jobI

should have logged my weight the day I started on here but I'm pretty sure it was 227.5 on May 4 and today I"m at 220! I am so happy and this motivates me to keep on. I can't each much after a day of fasting. I did start with broth and the ate 2 hours later but it took me several hours to finish my 2 egg omelette. Today is supposed to be a fasting day but my youngest wants to have a Mother's Day supper(pretty sure ill be the one cooking). Happy Mother's Day.

dob
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
    Pretty close to falling under 200 dob, good jobI

should have logged my weight the day I started on here but I'm pretty sure it was 227.5 on May 4 and today I"m at 220! I am so happy and this motivates me to keep on. I can't each much after a day of fasting. I did start with broth and the ate 2 hours later but it took me several hours to finish my 2 egg omelette. Today is supposed to be a fasting day but my youngest wants to have a Mother's Day supper(pretty sure ill be the one cooking). Happy Mother's Day.
    thank you and happy mothers day to you. 7 lbs down in 8 days is outstanding. You're doing fantastic. Keep track as you see fit. Your moments with your kid(s) are more precious, especially on mothers day. Have a wonderful day.

splunky is offline Senior Member
    Happy Mothers Day Marcie! Little ones are WAY more important at this point for sure

This mornings measurements:

FBG 94 (forgot to take chromium last night but am happy w anything under 100 for now)
    Weight 146 again happy to not have gained because it ate too much yesterday.

Dob-thx for your input! Funny thing, I actually own the PB Fitness bk but its at my house in NY stored in some box. I won't have access to it until the house sells unfortunately. However, you mentioned its free here so I will check that out. With my illnesses I lose muscle incredibly fast so am pretty worried about it. Just getting back to working out minimally, I have very little muscle as is it.
    You are right though, my focus should be making healthy choices and doing what I can.

Today I will indulge a bit more that I should as well because it is Mother's Day. Hubby will BBQ chicken and make a big salad, yummy! Dessert will be chocolate covered strawberries-90% cocoa for the chocolate.
    Breakfast was a green smoothie w loads of greens 1/2 cup mixed berries, 1/3 of an avocado and about 8oz of coconut milk.
    Lunch was a bog ole salad with beets and all sorts of yum mines from Whole Foods!
    Yeah, over on cals and likely upwards of 60 carbs today but all on good stuff-no major indulgences that will put me in a fog, that's just not worth it!

Great job everyone!

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast