Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ketosis Log: Join me page 11

Marcie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The scales say I am down, officially lost 30 lbs! Today is a fasting day.

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
    Congrat's Marcie....that is awesome..keep it going. If your protein levels are working for you then, stick with it. I'd say adjust when you need to.
    Last edited by dob; 05-10-2013 at 07:42 AM.

dob
    Quote Originally Posted by splunky View Post
    So far so good today.
    Weight 148.4. (This is only 6lbs from my delivery weight my baby #4)
    FBG 94

Breakfast: 3 ish cups of romaine lettuce with 3/4cup chicken and ACV, 2tsp EVOO. I was starving within 2 hrs or less. So ate 1/2 oz of goat cheese while making lunch.

Lunch: another salad like above. I added 2 oz goat cheese and 2 slices of bacon hoping it will last me longer this time.

I know my body does really well with LOTS of greens and am craving salads right now. I haven't figured the nutritional data yet but will put a total down when I log dinner. It's day 1 so won't be too worried if its not perfect, am just focusing on choices today and tomorrow.
    I agree that food choices are important...Good start.

dob
    Hi dob (and everyone else). You are becoming our Guru, or is that 'Grokru'? I made it through the day with only liquids, am so proud of myself. Also a walk with a few sprints (2). Now I'm going to get to bed for a good long sleep.

I am learning too, splunky! Good luck.
    Not at all. I am no guru, just trying my best. Everyone here inspires me to keep pushing. You're doing great.

dob
    I'm breathless. I'm sure you just didn't do the spreadsheet for me but my brain thanks you over and over. When I first started on here last year, I was a reluctant to post threads/comments as some people were extremely judgemental. So glad I found the right spots to ask questions and look for guidance. And so glad I came back. Cheers!
    Yes it was for you. I get how overwhelming the numbers can be in the beginning. It took me a while to find all the info that led me to this place. Just know there are other methods, like using Lean Body Mass (LBM) in KG to determine you're protein levels instead of total Kg of weight, but that can wait for now. I think keeping things simple is better at times. Let me know if you have any questions.

dob
    Day 21 - Measurements

May 10, 2013

Weight: 206.2 (down 7 lbs total)
    Body Fat %: 19%
    Lean Body Mass: 167.02 (down 1.8 lbs) down 1.7 lbs from last week....worries me that I'm losing LBM too quickly now.
    Fat Mass: 39.2 (down 5.2 lbs)

Waist: 38.5
    Chest: 42.75
    Arm: 15
    Leg: 22
    Total: 118.25 (2.75 inches lost for two weeks, and .75 from last)

The loss of lean body mass is the biggest concern for me. The largest drop of LBM this week from the previous. I did increase my intensity on my workout making sure I worked out to failure on each exercise, but it was exhausting by the end. I did increase my protein intake to compensate for the losses, but didn't work as well as I thought...maybe it's factor of losing fat mass. I'll try lifting heavier to see if that makes a difference, as I was focusing on form rather than lifting extremely heavy. I'll also consider increasing my protein intake further.
    Last edited by dob; 05-10-2013 at 08:08 AM.

dob
    Marcie, what led you to fasting? How often and the length of time?

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member

Woo hooo!!! Good for you girl!

splunky is offline Senior Member
    I ended up finishing the day pretty well yesterday. I did eat a bit more than necassary due to cravings etc. but choices were great so am not too worried.

This mornings measurements:
    FBG 100. (Not sure why it was so high)
    Weight: 146.6. Down 1.8lbs overnight.

Here is today's food log:
    Breakfast: about 3 oz salmon, 1.25 cups cauliflower w 1 tbsp butter.
    Lunch: 4 c romaine w 1/2 c cucumber and 2 tbsp EVOO, 2 tbsp ACV, 2 oz goat cheese.
    Dinner: 3/4 c shredded roast beef, zucchini sticks coated w butter and Parm cheese.

The totals look like this:
    Cals: 1690
    Fat: 128
    Carbs: 30
    Protein: 108

I made a gravy with the beef fat/broth left in the crockpot from cooking the beef. I steamed 4 carrots and 6 celery sticks then added the beef broth and onions I cooked the beef in and blended it in the blender. I out 1/2 of this gravy in with the beef and have no idea how to measure that for my data. Thoughts?
    Also, why would my morning sugar be so high? I am incredibly tired due to not sleeping well which is temporary-could that be it? Also, it was 9am since I slept in so late, would that effect it?

splunky is offline Senior Member
    Marcie, congrats on your weightloss! That's a big accomplishment

dob, I went to look at the spread sheet but the link doesn't work? Is it not public? Would love to see it!!

Am so thankful for this thread-it doesn't feel so lonly and confusing anymore!

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast