Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fifigirl's Primal Quest! page 2

Fifigirl8 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Omg! I just found a veggie I love which is low in carbohydrates and yet filling! I fried some onions, tomatoes , garlic and peppers with minced pork and then boiled some butternut squash and when it was almost cooked, added them into my meat to cook for a while so the juices would enter the squash.
    It was soooo delicious and filling. I can't believe I have never eaten squash all my life. What was I waiting for? It was pretty expensive to buy and I had to get it from the supermarket but what a lovely vegetable. I'm also trying not to skimp on fats in my food as I realized thar all my years of CW diet made me believe fat wasn't good for me, so I was measuring my fats with a tablespoon but decided today after reading a couple of articles on MDA about carb flu to increase my fats. I am learning so much from MDA blog! Yesterday I was feeling a bit down cos I ate more than I usually would cos I was feeling I'll and felt it was a lack of carbs, but then i reviewed what I ate and realized that I had actually eaten primal foods. I got on my scale this morning thinking I'd see an addition on the scale but I was same as the day before with same loss of 1kg. I really believe Eating Primal is the way for me

Yesterday was not so good as I was craving carbs.
    Breakfast was boiled eggs, 2 sausages and 2 rashers of bacon
    Lunch was a yam porridge but I had a lot
    And dinner was some bread and beans my m had made. It was just too delicious for me to ignore. Well 80-20 rule applies though I really wish I didn't eat all that food!
    I intend to eat less than 20 grams of carbs today.

By the way I just loaded MDA app on my iPhone n I love it. It's quite user friendly n now I can follow up wherever I am and even upload pics! Amazing stuff!

Another Primal day in my life. I'm making certain goals this week. No more than 50g of carbs per day in order to be in a ketose state. I have started using butter and coconut oil for my cooking, so hoping to reap the benefits of that.

Breakfast today was 3 rashers of bacon and 2 pork sausages

Lunch was 4 prawns eaten at a friends house.

Dinner was an oleo and prawns gumbo. Couldn't resist taking a picture to put up...it was really delicious
    ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1367785366.584193.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12