Thread: Anyone else had Gastric Bypass and now gained weight? page

Puglady is offline Junior Member

Anyone else had Gastric Bypass and now gained weight?

Just wondering if anyone else out there has had bypass and gained weight back. I have not gained it all back, but a big percentage. And does anyone know if this will affect the Primal diet? I have been Primal strictly for 5 weeks, losing only 5#. I feel better and don't intend to leave Primal, but just wish the scales would show progress. I can tell a difference in my clothes. I know I should be patient, but after 3 weeks of not losing, I think that is patience enough. Please can anyone help me??? I have posted to several forums here without response. I even emailed Mark, thinking an assistant or someone would/might respond. well, Mark did! He told me to do the things I have been doing anyway. One more try here.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Patience, persistence, progress. Keep doing what's making you feel good.

1lb/week sounds sensible to me. It didn't go on overnight and its not going to come off overnight either.

Primal is not a diet, its a lifestyle. Eat for optimal health, and let weight/fat loss be a result of that. Eat and live "as if" you were the thin person you want to become.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    I found my weight loss was not linear. One week it'll just be like whooosh! Five pounds gone! Then nothing for weeks or even months. It's really hard to keep this in mind but it happens. You could also consider going stricter, more paleo, just in case something isn't agreeing with you and keeping you bloated. Try cutting dairy for instance if its still in your diet. For me, old cheese was my crutch for a long time and as soon as I dropped it I lost 2lbs. I think it was a combo of my body not liking it (I am lactose intolerant, though old cheese is generally considered to be lactose free) and eating too much of it. Hope it helps!
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    hi, I haven't had a bypass but just wanted to say hang in there. keep in mind the weight loss after the surgery would have been very quick . Maybe start a journal, log your food at a site like fit day. its helped me to actually see what I'm eating. Overall though keep in mind that 1lb a week is still a good weight loss; after all this isn't a diet in itself , its a lifestyle change and that 1lb loss is sustainable and healthy

Puglady is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks! I was just hoping for faster losses. I DO feel so much better. And every time I think "to hell with it, I am going to eat off Primal", I remember how I felt and don't want to feel so bad again. So for about 2 months I have been very strict. My son has been doing this for around 4 years so he helps me a lot. He keeps telling me to have a baked potato, but I am not intending to eat potatoes or any starches until I have lost a lot of weight then will reward myself with one. I am not depriving myself because I don't miss them at all. I have been eating lots of salads and they taste so good I don't want anything else. I also made Mark's recipe for Ranch dressing in his first cookbook. It is AWESOME. I don't even want anyone else's.