Thread: Primal Journal (pthom84) page

pthom84 is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (pthom84)

Primal Fuel
    I'm a primal blueprint newbie. I only discovered this great community about two months ago. I immediately bought Mark's book and read it cover to cover. Like a lot of you, the primal blueprint just makes sense to me, and I really want to make a successful transition to the lifestyle. I've been trying for about a month with mixed results (I'd say I got my diet to about 50-60% primal in April). I thought it would be good to post a journal in the forums to help me stay motivated. So I'm going to document my efforts to get primal - any tips or advice would be appreciated!

I had shoulder surgery two months and am still going through physical therapy, so there's a limit to the physical exercises I can do right now. As soon as I get the OK from my therapist, I'll get started on lifting heavy things and sprinting. In the mean time, I'm focusing on low-intensity cardio and getting my eating habits right.

Breakfast - 3 slices of bacon, 2 scrambled eggs, black coffee w/ 1 packet of natural cane sugar

Lunch - salad (mixed greens, tomatoes, roasted peppers, bacon, chicken), water

Dinner - southwestern salad (grilled beef, onions, assorted peppers, cilantro), fruit cup, water

Snack - 6 squares dark chocolate with toffee, glass of whole milk

pthom84 is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Breakfast - 3 slices of bacon, 2 scrambled eggs, strawberries, black coffee w/ 1 packet of natural cane sugar

Lunch - southwestern salad (grilled beef, onions, assorted peppers, cilantro), fruit cup, water

Dinner - steak, broccoli, cauliflower mash, 1 glass of red wine

Snack - 6 squares dark chocolate with toffee, glass of whole milk
    Snack - 1 banana

Good day - the Primal Journal makes me think twice before making bad food choices, knowing that I have to post it here! Still have a ways to go. Also need to get more sleep tonight - had 6.5 hours last night (low for me) and felt groggy today.