Hello MDA Forum. My name is Betty and I am a struggling Grokette. I've been Primal a little less than a year with the much appreciated support and help of my boyfriend (by help I mean he carries the groceries and eats the food I cook without much complaint, lol.). When we’re really on point with Primal, it's simple, amazingly simple, intuitive, and easy to follow but then we slip up a little and grain/sugar cravings, headaches, blood sugar roller-coasters, etc all come crashing back down and it seems impossible to climb back up the primal mountain. The biggest issue to date is food for work, snacks, and easy grab-and-go stuff. Meat/Veggies on a plate seems so easy and usually it's simple, but when there aren't any leftovers and I'm running late for work and don't have time to spend 10 minutes cooking omelets for breakfast, it gets more complicated than I'd like. Hopefully, we can figure it out as we go along. Until we get it all figured out, I'll just be taking it one step at a time, one decision at a time, until I've made it to the top of the mountain, in my five-fingers of course!

As of last night I've got a nice cave-woman stocked kitchen again, I've missed it. This evening we'll be dining on rack of lamb with green beans and if we crave some sweets, we’ll have fruit for desert. We went to Whole Foods last night, where my boyfriend got a 40% discount for Team Member Appreciation day. I've restocked my pantry and fridge with Real Food instead of food-like products. We got a ton of meat (around $200 before discount yikes!), loads of veggies, a few in-season fruits, eggs, nuts, trail mix, trail-mix bars, jerky, ghee, marrow bones, and some cheese. They didn't have any organ meat, which was sad, so I'll have to wait until another day to pick it up. I also got so many spices I'd been dying to have in my cabinet as well as a meat thermometer and some other random kitchen/vitamin/cleaning items we've wanted for a while. The total before discount was a little under $500, after discount, sales, and coupons, we spent $234! That’s some mammoth savings! I feel better knowing that we've at least found our way back through the forest to the path. We're not even close to the mountain top yet, but we're headed in the right direction.