I am wondering about Wheat protein isolate - is it at least a little Primal as a limited, viable, alternative?
Wheat Protein Isolate probably contains some Gluten, but is low in Carbs, 3 grams for 20 grams of Protein. And a suitable substitute for our daughter who developed Lactose Intolerance (probably from a virus) while living and working in South Africa for a year. Now, a college student and on a (ugh) college meal plan (no choice), as she is Lactose Intolerant, we worry about her getting enough Protein. Since Wheat Protein Isolate can be a suitable alternative to the more popular Whey/Cassein protein supplements, because unlike whey, wheat protein isolate is not made from dairy products. Thus, wheat protein isolate does not contain lactose, a dairy sugar. In her case, I would think that wheat protein isolate would be a beneficial alternative.
Though it probably has some Gluten, I would think very little, and in her case, not having a problem with gluten - the benefits of using it to help her get additional protein - outweigh the anti-nutrients in the scant 3 grams Carbs from wheat. But, that is only a guess ... ?