Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juddd page

Jezzebelle is offline Junior Member

Juddd

Primal Fuel
    Currently I'm looking at starting the Juddd program to get my weightloss moving again. From what I understand it's 500 calories on a down day followed by 1800ish on an up day. Can anyone share their success with this type of program?

What did you eat on a down day? Should you be eating 3 meals or just go for one 500 calorie meal? On the up days should you make sure your getting all of your allotted calories or is less okay too? If you don't mind sharing what did your up day meals look like? Did you generally include a dessert to make sure you got the necessary calories?

Also when you have an up day do you still avoid sugar?

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    I've lost 45ish pounds doing JUDDD (last few pounds were with 5:2, which is a more laid back version and what I'm doing for maintenance). To start, google JUDDD and you'll find Dr. Johnson's website. There's a calculator there that you can use to find your ud/dd calories. The first two weeks you'll do 500 calories on your dds and then after that you'll start to go lower, based on your weight. For your uds, make sure you eat all the calories the calculator gives you-the big difference between the two numbers is part of the reason why JUDDD works.

As for food, I did JUDDD with the standard American diet, so I can't help you with primal JUDDD (I just started eating primal yesterday).

Dr. Johnson's book is called The Alternate Day Diet and I got it from the library. It's a few years old so some of the info on fat is outdated. But it gives you all the info on the plan, as well as some of the science behind it. I highly recommend also reading Dr. Mosley's book, The Fast Diet. This is a plan that has just two dds a week, instead of every other day and has a lot more info on the science behind IF-it just came out too, so it's up to date.
    Last edited by mom23kids; 04-25-2013 at 04:36 AM.

Jezzebelle is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    I've lost 45ish pounds doing JUDDD (last few pounds were with 5:2, which is a more laid back version and what I'm doing for maintenance). To start, google JUDDD and you'll find Dr. Johnson's website. There's a calculator there that you can use to find your ud/dd calories. The first two weeks you'll do 500 calories on your dds and then after that you'll start to go lower, based on your weight. For your uds, make sure you eat all the calories the calculator gives you-the big difference between the two numbers is part of the reason why JUDDD works.

As for food, I did JUDDD with the standard American diet, so I can't help you with primal JUDDD (I just started eating primal yesterday).

Dr. Johnson's book is called The Alternate Day Diet and I got it from the library. It's a few years old so some of the info on fat is outdated. But it gives you all the info on the plan, as well as some of the science behind it. I highly recommend also reading Dr. Mosley's book, The Fast Diet. This is a plan that has just two dds a week, instead of every other day and has a lot more info on the science behind IF-it just came out too, so it's up to date.
    Thanks for your response.... so according to that I do 414 calories on a down day, and 2,068 on an up day. I'm assuming as my weight goes down I just re-enter the information? This is kind of already stressing me out as far as to how I'm going to get that many calories into my diet.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Yes, go by the numbers and then I recalculated after every five pounds I lost. Also, make sure your doing the calculator right-you have to switch it to inches, pounds etc since the calculator is by default set to the metric system.

Also, JUDDD weight loss is not linear, but instead a series of wooshes and bounces, especially at the beginning. I'd recommend only weigbing after your dds, and focus on beginning of month and end of month weights, as this will give you a more accurate idea of your weight loss, moreso than week to week.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    this thread is giant now but is also JUDDD / alternate-day fasting http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread81577.html

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I eat one evening meal on my down day attempting to eat most of my day's protein needs, and two meals (lunch and dinner) on my up days.

Zach is offline Banned
    Sounds like an awesome starvation diet. Im sure the results will be permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Sounds like an awesome starvation diet. Im sure the results will be permanent.
    You might want to look into these things sometimes before opening your mouth and removing all doubt about your level of awareness.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    You might want to look into these things sometimes before opening your mouth and removing all doubt about your level of awareness.
    Ok fine, its like cyclical fasting, i guess its not the end of the world. :P

The calories average out the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast