Thread: Hi all page

SamK is offline Junior Member

Talking Hi all

Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone, I'm new here so thought I would drop by and say hello. I am new to Primal eating/living a few weeks in (though I did have a slip up on Monday) everyone has different reasons for being here be it general health, weigh loss etc. Mine are quite specific, I have been unwell for the past few months and after finally getting the doctor to take me seriously a blood test came back positive that shows I have a connective tissue disease. Which one i don't as yet know I won't be seeing the consultant till mid May. In the mean time I want to do everything I can to improve my health myself. I realise that auto-immune diseases cannot be cured by eating choices, however I read a great deal over the past few months and there are many cases of remission or at least a minimising of symptoms to the point where life is liveable. I live in a very rural part of the UK where anything other than meat and potatoes with a big chunk of white bread is seen as bonkers! So I look forward to getting to know you all :-)

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Sam, sorry to hear about your health issues but overhauling your diet is the best help you can give yourself. Food is a marvellous medicine (or a slow poison). Are you enjoying your primal meals? I think this food is the best ever and have totally lost interest in junk. Best wishes.

SamK is offline Junior Member
    I am enjoying them yes :-) I was never a junk food eater and despise fuzzy pop so it's not been too hard a transition other than cutting out spuds (I do love a Sunday roast dinner) I think I need a little more variety though I cooking quite simply at the mo. it's a case of getting well enough to actually have the energy to experiment and read recipes etc. Hopefully my batteries will recharge soon! They better I'm missing my yoga mat lol

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    If you can keep your fridge stocked with fresh and wholesome primal ingredients you will be ready to experiment when the urge hits. I do it all the time and it can't really go wrong, even without a recipe, since all the primal food is so good.