Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to cure my chocolate craving without a dark chocolate bar? page

robss is offline Senior Member

How to cure my chocolate craving without a dark chocolate bar?

Primal Fuel
    What are some primal ways to cure my chocolate craving without buying dark chocolate? If I have it in the house I will eat all of it. Anyone know any delicious cocoa powder/dark chocolate powder recipes? Any recipes/advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    I've seen "cacao nibs" in health food stores. They come in little tins and they seem pretty expensive, maybe that would keep you from pigging out?

I also once received as a gift, a little sampler box of Scharffen Berger chocolate squares, 5 grams each and individually wrapped. Those were great, I found I could eat just 1 at a time. (Important safety tip: Put the box AWAY before you open the wrapper.)

Good luck! I hope you find something that works for you. (Dang it, now I want chocolate... )

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I just pound pot after pot of green tea. what's this "chocolate" that you speak of?

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I don't fight my chocolate cravings; I just eat sugar-free chocolate exclusively (Trader Joe's "Simply Lite" brand). It's flavored with maltitol, which appears to have zero impact on blood glucose or insulin, even if you eat the whole bar (which I almost never do -- but beware the "mild laxative effect"). I dip it in nut butter -- almond, macadamia, hazelnut or walnut, depending on my mood and omega-3 status. No other treat comes close for me, primal or non-primal. This one indulgence makes it easy for me to eat an otherwise 100% primal diet.

Of course, there are studies that show merely tasting something sweet can lead to an insulin response, but I'm not convinced that applies to all people in all situations. For me, chocolate seems to have mystical nutritive properties, much like bacon, so I wouldn't want to forsake it completely.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    ...(Darth Friendly had chocolate for breakfast just for the record...)

robss is offline Senior Member
    haha. that's completely understandable. green tea can only satisfy one so much. =)

I wish I liked green tea, or tea in general for that matter. It's good for u, fills u up, and has like zero calories. Unfortunately I think tea tastes like stale water... =/

mayness is offline Senior Member
    I mix 2 parts coconut oil with 1 part cocoa powder (by volume), then chill in the fridge or freezer until it's solid. Sometimes I'll add a little bit of some sweetener (maple syrup is good, honey always separates out, I'd imagine liquid stevia would work) but it's tasty without it, too, since coconut oil has some natural sweetness. It's good with shredded coconut or some chopped nuts mixed in too - in fact I originally got the idea from someone's "coconut oil bark" recipe here but I can't remember who at the moment, and that was full of nuts. You can do the same thing with bacon grease, but then I NEED sweetener in it, it tastes gross to me otherwise.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    Why don't you buy small 40 gram bars? They're perfect for a snack size.
    I grok, therefore I am.

deepthought is offline Junior Member
    My best tip is always "Powerballs"

I mix:
    Butter
    Coconut oil
    coconut flakes(ground)
    my favourite crished nuts
    cocoa powder

Make balls in preferred size, put in fridge, enjoy!

(I have no reciepe, go by feeling...)

The fast and easier version is to skip the nuts

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    chocolate seems to have mystical nutritive properties, much like bacon, so I wouldn't want to forsake it completely.
    This is the beginning of true wisdom...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast