Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meatageddon (an idea) page

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member

Meatageddon (an idea)

Primal Fuel
    A while ago, I was bullshitting with someone about turducken, and taking it to it's logical conclusion. The conclusion that was reached was that if you start from quail or pigeon and rachet up to large game, say elk, bear or moose, you'd need to sous vide each before combining and finishing roasting it all together. The idea was intriguing, but kind've left alone for a while and forgot about it.

Then, earlier I caught on about bone luges, which just struck me as beyond epic. Which, somehow, brought me back to the idea. A festival (it'd need to be) with bone luge, offal, a variety of vegatable sides to match and all topped off with the largest meat-stuffed-with-meat-stuffed-with-meat abomination possible.

I'm hoping someone else has some ideas or interest in this, because it'd be a great idea both for an exclusive primal event, or for reaching out and introducing the broader community to the primal lifestyle. Unfortunately, I'm not great at organization or networking. Figured it'd be a good idea to kick this around on here before trying to reach out locally for assistance and starting up anything.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    If I fasted for two days previously I could eat prodigious quantities of said abomination.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    OP, check this out. I think you might like it.

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    I couldn't eat anything with "centipede" in the name!

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    I love epic meal time.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I like Big Primal.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    I couldn't eat anything with "centipede" in the name!
    LOL! There are no centipedes in the dish. It's the way they arrange it.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Figlio di Moros View Post
    Then, earlier I caught on about bone luges, which just struck me as beyond epic. Which, somehow, brought me back to the idea. A festival (it'd need to be) with bone luge, offal, a variety of vegatable sides to match and all topped off with the largest meat-stuffed-with-meat-stuffed-with-meat abomination possible.
    But what is she drinking from that bone luge funnel? Is that booze or melted marrow?

I think you should field the idea to Mark. Maybe you could cater the next PrimalCon.

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    I once found this UK website where you could buy 20 birds, stuffed into each other. Seriously. It fed a LOT of people. If you could get someothing like that I would TOTALLY be there.

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    But what is she drinking from that bone luge funnel? Is that booze or melted marrow?
    Booze, you eat the marrow and then luge your drink. Apparently, it helps get the tidbits and grease off the bone and adds to the character of the drink. I'm honestly suprised we didn't think of this first.

I think you should field the idea to Mark. Maybe you could cater the next PrimalCon.
    That's not a bad idea, though I don't have any equipment. It'd be about a year away, so it'd give me time to figure it out.

Also, still brainstorming titles. How does a Hunt and Gathering sound as a working title?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast