Thread: Problems losing weight. page

Jezzebelle is offline Junior Member

Problems losing weight.

Shop Now
    I've been eating primal for 2 months now, lately I seem to be gaining weight. I'm looking for some suggestions to get things moving again.

My eating schedule is generally close to the same every day.

Breakfast: chicken breast, carrots, and collard greens
    Lunch: pork chop, mashed cauliflower, onions and sautéed mushrooms
    Dinner: steak or hamburger patty, broccoli, and zucchini noodles.

I cook the veggies with butter or ghee, add in the occasional avacado or sweet potato.

Exercise I walk somewhere around 5-6 miles a day and just started a c25k program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Madam is offline Junior Member
    It could be that you are not eating enough carbs for your activity level. I'm sure someone with more experience in this area will chime in with good advice!

I did want to say that I completed c25k 2 years ago, and it made me LOVE running. At first I think it was just the high of "I ran and didn't die!" But now it is a great stress reliever. I only run about once a week, not far or fast, but i love it dearly! Good luck!

redturkey251 is offline Junior Member
    While it is best to exercise a whole bunch a day, maybe you are not getting enough good nights rest. While fat actually could help you lose a lot more weight, maybe you are eating too much fat. Lots of fat is good, but you do not want to go too too crazy with it either. Rest is also a way to lose weight. Maybe you are not drinking enough water. The more dehydrated you are, the more weight you gain. So there are three really important steps into losing weight. 1. Get enough REST. 2. Don't go to crazy with the fat. 3. Drink enough WATER. Drinking enough water is the most important step out of all of them. Ballerinas drink a crazy amount of water per day in order to keep lean.

Jezzebelle is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redturkey251 View Post
    While it is best to exercise a whole bunch a day, maybe you are not getting enough good nights rest. While fat actually could help you lose a lot more weight, maybe you are eating too much fat. Lots of fat is good, but you do not want to go too too crazy with it either. Rest is also a way to lose weight. Maybe you are not drinking enough water. The more dehydrated you are, the more weight you gain. So there are three really important steps into losing weight. 1. Get enough REST. 2. Don't go to crazy with the fat. 3. Drink enough WATER. Drinking enough water is the most important step out of all of them. Ballerinas drink a crazy amount of water per day in order to keep lean.
    I get around 6-8 hours of sleep a night. Occasionally I have a bad night where I wake up wide awake at 2am however. I probably do need to drink more water. Fat I get anywhere from 42-62 grams a day... Too high?