Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How can I learn to love Kale? page 5

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I just put loads of coconut or olive oil all over it and sautee it or make kale chips - goes down pretty easy that way for me!

omnomnivore is offline Junior Member
    I really love kale in a primal version of Spanish Tortillas. Just leave out the potato, add more onion, and use less olive oil and don't drain it. I practically lived on tortillas in Spain, they're so freakin' delicious.

It's a laborious recipe but I enjoy making it for a culinary treat on the weekends. I tried it once with chopped bacon but it made the bacon soggy, and honestly the flavor of the tortilla doesn't need the help. The texture of kale holds up in the tortilla better than spinach, which is too tender and tends to flatten in clumps while cooking. It's yummy hot or cold (how you'd frequently get it in Spain). I'm sure kale be great in a crustless quiche/breakfast casserole/other egg configuration as well. Hope this helps!

Primal-V is offline Member
    I agree with the premise of not eating it if you really hate it, that said sometimes it just takes the right recipe (or a number of exposures) for you to love the thing you hated!

I would suggest:

1 - Cut away any course or tough stems, steam until tender (if it's undercooked it will be more bitter so experiment with steaming times) while the kale is steaming chuck a lump of GF salted butter into a pan and melt gently, add minced/chopped garlic and cook on a low heat for a couple of minutes. Watch the garlic closely, don't let it brown as it changes the flavour (great for Asian food but it's not what we want here). Once the kale is cooked pour the garlic butter over it and ENJOY!

2 - Some foods are awful on their own but when they are teamed up with a complimentary flavour they just work. The recipe above should be a side dish to something like meatballs in tomato sauce, it has to be teamed up with a strong flavour as kale can be pretty strong tasting.

Good luck and let us know if you find something amongst the suggestion that helps!

Fast Paleo Saag (Kale) Paneer - Paleo Recipe Sharing Site - be sure to take the central rib out of the kale leaf - and slice finely - THIS is a delicious recipe - enjoy !

Jer37208 is offline Member
    FWIW i drink a kale shake almost every morning. Try it for a week and you'll be converted
    Here to eat and move like a caveman, not look or stink like one

FoodLoveJoy is offline Junior Member
    I'm a believer that if there's something you don't like, it's probably just because you haven't learned how to make it taste really good yet. I used to never touch stuff like kale, broccoli, or brussels sprouts, but now I love all of them since I've learned how to make each of them taste good in a lot of different ways.

Definitely love a few of the things in this thread for adding more kale to your diet:

1. Green smoothies

2. Massaged with avocado and lemon juice into a salad, then adding whatever else you like.

3. Sauteeing it in bacon fat, then adding the crispy bacon to the saute at the end.

Good luck!
    I want to inspire as many people as I can to cook more and step into a fun and easy relationship with food.

My blog: www.foodlovejoy.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345