Page 1 of 99 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page

canuck416 is offline Senior Member

Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs

I'm going back to old school body building roots to get really defined. If you have been Paleo/Primal for a while and are interested in dropping that last bit of body fat for the summer join in. Ketogenic to the max (except Sundays). You eat only two meals per day: Breakfast and Supper. For meal #1 you eat 3/4 lb to 1 1/2 pounds of steak and 4-6 eggs. For meal #2 you eat the exact same thing. Cook your Steak and Eggs in butter, as much butter as you want, and season with salt and pepper. Prepare your eggs any way you like, fried, scrambled, sunny side up, poached, or hard boiled. No carbohydrates, no vegetables, no other foods, no snacks, no drinks except water, black coffee and unsweetened tea. Sunday is a rest day and high carb day (alcohol if you want it) - keep it Paleo but eat as many carbs as you like. Train hard and heavy - Monday and Thursday - Chest and Back, Tuesday and Friday - Shoulders and Arms, Wednesday and Saturday - Legs. Go to the track and sprint on Tuesdays and Fridays. Starting this coming Monday (April 29th) and will post a daily update.

Its Spring! Time to get out of your comfort zone and push the envelope for a month and get some great results.
    Last edited by canuck416; 04-25-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Good luck man. I'm sure you will end up shredded. I'm pretty sure I would if I did this. 4 weeks huh, could be doable with more meat/organ variety besides just steak. I'm not gonna nitpick it though as this is time tested. I'm gonna think about it....

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Good luck man. I'm sure you will end up shredded. I'm pretty sure I would if I did this. 4 weeks huh, could be doable with more meat/organ variety besides just steak. I'm not gonna nitpick it though as this is time tested. I'm gonna think about it....
    Yeah, 4 weeks may be a little long, but I will give it a shot. I hear you on the variety of meats but I want the 70s bodybuilding experience just to see how it feels. Will definitely keep the steak and eggs organic, local and pastured. Sundays should be fun.

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    Subscribed. Good luck, I'd like to see how this turns out.
    "Don't waste your time, or time will waste you."

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    That much protein is unlikely to be ketogenic, even with the lifting and sprinting regimen you'll be maintaining.

But I suspect you'll see some good results nonetheless. More power to you!

Good luck.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    I'm going back to old school body building roots to get really defined. If you have been Paleo/Primal for a while and are interested in dropping that last bit of body fat for the summer join in.
    Excellent thread good sir.

I've been reading the old school texts and have already started my "steak and eggs" program.

Eating:
    Breakfast - 12 raw eggs & 12oz heavy cream
    Lunch - steak and eggs in butter & raw vegi & liver tabs
    Dinner - steak and eggs in butter & raw vegi & liver tabs

Lifting: in the morning (drink half breakfast before lift and half after lift).
    Mon - come in fresh for max lift day (each week alternates between StrongLifts A and B lifts)
    Wed - 8x8 sets with 30sec rest between sets (chest, arms) for definition, fat burning
    Fri - 8x8 sets with 30sec rest between sets (shoulders, back, legs) for definition, fat burning

All workouts restricted to 45min, in/out fast, workout with intensity.

Goals: I dropped body fat from 30% to 18% since January 1st on paleo, so now looking to go that last distance --> more muscle and 12% body fat, with a tapered look (wide shoulders, 32" waist). Expecting it to take the rest of the year to get even close, 12% is the first goal. Then all of 2014 to pack on more muscle.

I'll post my results on this thread each month end. Let the awesomeness begin!

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I think there is some confusion with keto and high protein. A lot of people think keto is just about low carb, you also have to watch protein intake. High protein will inhibit ketosis as well...
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Yeah, I think there is some confusion with keto and high protein. A lot of people think keto is just about low carb, you also have to watch protein intake. High protein will inhibit ketosis as well...
    Good point, I'm going to run the numbers and see what the macro ratios are. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Excellent thread good sir.

I've been reading the old school texts and have already started my "steak and eggs" program.

Eating:
    Breakfast - 12 raw eggs & 12oz heavy cream
    Lunch - steak and eggs in butter & raw vegi & liver tabs
    Dinner - steak and eggs in butter & raw vegi & liver tabs

Lifting: in the morning (drink half breakfast before lift and half after lift).
    Mon - come in fresh for max lift day (each week alternates between StrongLifts A and B lifts)
    Wed - 8x8 sets with 30sec rest between sets (chest, arms) for definition, fat burning
    Fri - 8x8 sets with 30sec rest between sets (shoulders, back, legs) for definition, fat burning

All workouts restricted to 45min, in/out fast, workout with intensity.

Goals: I dropped body fat from 30% to 18% since January 1st on paleo, so now looking to go that last distance --> more muscle and 12% body fat, with a tapered look (wide shoulders, 32" waist). Expecting it to take the rest of the year to get even close, 12% is the first goal. Then all of 2014 to pack on more muscle.

I'll post my results on this thread each month end. Let the awesomeness begin!
    Great, looking forward to following along.

toolewab is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm not gonna nitpick it though as this is time tested. I'm gonna think about it.

Page 1 of 99 1231151 ... LastLast