Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100 LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 99

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanJoe View Post
    Anyone still doing the S&E diet? I'll be back on it starting tomorrow - can't wait, although I'm doing the minced beef (sometimes salmon) and eggs diet!
    The thread lives on!

Well I did strict steak & eggs plus green leafy veggies for a month back in May. Leanest I've been in 15yrs.

Been lifting at the gym and bulking up a bit. Now time to do it again, but modified -- fatty fish, steak, eggs, green veggies.

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    The thread lives on!

Well I did strict steak & eggs plus green leafy veggies for a month back in May. Leanest I've been in 15yrs.

Been lifting at the gym and bulking up a bit. Now time to do it again, but modified -- fatty fish, steak, eggs, green veggies.
    Yep, that's what I'm doing now. Had a pound of salmon on a bed of spinach with a couple of eggs this morning. Dinner will be half pound ground beef with a few eggs and some asparagus.

Getfitt is offline Junior Member
    Started today lets see how it goes breakfast around 11 am with 4 eggs dinner around 5pm with steak and two eggs .....did fine but have a metallic taste in my mouth right now .... Took a teaspoon of coconut oil as well need to drop at least 20 lbs didnt exercise much but will do more tomorrow

Mora is offline Junior Member
    I started Steak and Eggs today.

I have read "A call to action" so many times in the past. I've been sitting reading through the first 20 pages of this thread WISHING I would have found you all when you were doing this. I was probably experimenting at that time too.

I plan to keep posting here for a few days...if anyone wants to join me PLEASE DO!

I started lifting last week after a year or so break. I've got a good 5 days in over the past 7. Today, I modified the diet a bit modified but my macros are good.
    62% fat
    2% carbs
    36% protein

_bear is offline Member
    Hey, Mora!
    Just thought I'd let you know there was a more recent "Steak and Eggs" thread, which can be found here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d.php?t=102340
    Last edited by _bear; 05-27-2014 at 10:29 PM.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    ...cranked out 45min of 8x8 sets this morning after drinking 12 eggs and heavy cream.
    Just got totally ripped doing 8x8 sets this morning. Still a fan.

Milicoqui is offline Senior Member
    Glad I found this thread! I'm starting S&E tomorrow for 4 weeks. going to have those carb load days primal but with veggies, some fish, and berries. I'm excited to see how my body reacts/changes through this.

I keep trying to find more info about females on S&E with no luck except this thread but it's been awhile since the original posters posted. I know I said I would give it a go last November, well this is day three. I figure I can continue the thread to see if anything amazing happens and have a record of it for future humans .

Day 1

B: 3 scrambled eggs and 3 ounces of pork shoulder
    L: More scrambled eggs and more pork shoulder
    D: 6 ounces of london broil, hamburger patty, 1 fried egg, 1 hard-boiled egg, and two strips of bacon

70 ounces of water.

Calories: 1,486
    Carbs: 9
    Protein: 140

39% protein
    59% fat
    2% carbs

DAG YO! I don't feel like crap, just sleepy. That's because I went to bed at 1130 after working the second job and woke up at 7 for my regular job the next day. Tonight I get out at 8, will make a quick stop at Whole Foods and come home eat shower and sleep. I'm aiming to get 8 hours a day.

Day 2

Another day has passed...

B: 3 strips of bacon, two hamburgers (no bread and fancy toppings of course), 5 hard-boiled eggs, two of which I only ate the yolks
    D: 8 ounces grass fess 85/15 ground beef cooked in Kerrygold, didn't need it but I wanted the butter, 4 scrambled eggs

Drank over 80 ounces of water

Felt tired at the end of the day, not hungry but my mouth wanted to chew something lol. Mindless eating habits it seems but I stayed on track.

TMI Time!

BM was scary...could be the crap I ate prior to Thursday. It seemed soul shattering, lol.

Carb: 1%
    Fat: 66%
    Protein: 33%

Day 3 and 4 finished!

Saturday I worked all day at the studio, lots of standing. I brought six hard boiled eggs with me and ate one completely and the other 5 I ate only the yolks. I didn't want to eat the egg whites for some reason. Also ate some leftover ground beef from the night before. Drank 3 liters of water too.

Sunday, got up and did two dharma yoga classes. Wasn't hungry. Went to the local farmers market to see if there were eggs available and wound up buying beef sausage and grass fed bone marrow. They didn't have any eggs. I went home and fried a few strips of bacon, 4 eggs and one sausage. I roasted the bone marrow and ate that as well. It was really delicious and I saved the fat/oil that was in the pan to be used later.

I went to sleep around 230 in the afternoon. I've felt exhausted from the lack of sleep lately and slept the whole day. Now I'm up posting.

Today is supposed to be the carb up day. I have a few figs and dates to have a little sweet today but I'm going to get some smoked salmon and veggies! It'll be good.

Saturday:
    Carbs: 2%
    Fat: 69%
    Protein: 29%

Sunday:
    Carbs: 2%
    Fat: 67%
    Protein: 31%
    Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

UES
    UES is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I decided to do a steak and eggs run for the first time last spring, and that along with a regular workout regimen helped me transform my body completely.

Unfortunately, I ran into some health issues, which I figured out was from my consumption of red meat, so I had to stop the routine.

I've tried other forms of keto, but not with nearly the same success. My guess is without the regular consumption of steak, I'm not getting the fat nor testosterone increases needed to generate the same rapid loss of body fat.

I've been on a low-carb routine now for the past two months, and while my fat loss initially was notable, I've stagnated over the past month.

I've been eating mostly chicken, turkey, and fish throughout that time along with eggs and vegetables.

Is there perhaps another alternative to steak and eggs with something to replace the steak?

I loved the diet, not just for the results, but for the simplicity, you know what you're going to eat and that's what you eat, but I also think it's maximum effectiveness comes with a regular workout schedule.

This is an awesome thread, big thanks to all of the contributors thus far.