Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 488896979899 LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 98

TheBouncer is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    3 weeks in a 13 lbs gone. Fat % reduced by 5 but I had a fair bit to play with!
    No boredom but moving between standard steak and slightly more exotic meats now to jiggle up the diet a bit. Taking lunch to work is interesting - a bag of pre-cooked bloody steak is freaking people out, as is the smell of the eggs.
    It's working though but I don't know how long for. Tempted to just stay with it and see what happens...

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBouncer View Post
    No boredom but moving between standard steak and slightly more exotic meats now to jiggle up the diet a bit. Taking lunch to work is interesting - a bag of pre-cooked bloody steak is freaking people out, as is the smell of the eggs.
    It's working though but I don't know how long for. Tempted to just stay with it and see what happens...
    Good for you TB!
    No reason why you can't stock with it for as long as it keeps working.

As you're mixing up your meat sources already, maybe add some liver once a week or so and some seafood.

As you get leaner you may also find that you need to increase the frequency of your refeed days, depending on the intensity of your workouts.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I'm still thinking I'll do this come winter. Summer has too many goodies coming into my garden and falling from my trees.

BeatMD is offline Member
    True Story

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBouncer View Post
    Congratulations TB! Very inspiring. I'm going to do it again beginning in a few weeks, but this time with a combination of organ meats, steak, eggs and salmon. Also I will do the refeeds on every 4th day.

banjo_d is offline Junior Member

Stumbled this website about steak and egg diet.

Hi All,

I'm obviously new here and I stumbled upon this forum and I'd like to share my experience with my steak and egg diet in detail in my next post.

I discovered Steak and Egg diet by accident because I got separated with my wife and I don't know how to cook because I'm severely colorblind plus I don't really cook to begin with.

I also knew what Ketosis was but I ignored it because of the 'old thinking' that fats is BAD for you but I was completely wrong. I found out Ketosis through my cousin Dan. He has been telling me for years to try that but I was close minded. I wish I should've listened earlier.

I got inspired by my friend Kylie. I started dieting earlier than her but yet she beat me to it. That's when I realised that I'm doing something wrong. Absolutely wrong and opened up my mind.

When I discovered Steak and Egg diet. I was VERY hesitant because lets admit it. If someone in a forum says "They've done it", its not enough to believe that it actually works. To see is to believe and I'd like to thank Trevor of acalltoaction.net for his before and after photos (reference: Steak and Eggs Diet Challenge -- Intro | A Call to Action ). I was convinced to give it a go as soon as I saw his progress.

Unfortunately I'm currently at work I will remain vigilant to posts in grave detail how I have done it. Nonetheless, below is my result of 8-9 weeks of steak and egg diet.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was 68kgs, 5'7"5 and at the mid photo I'm 64kgs and until now 65kgs.

--I'll post soon

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo_d View Post
    Hi All,

I'm obviously new here and I stumbled upon this forum and I'd like to share my experience with my steak and egg diet in detail in my next post.

I discovered Steak and Egg diet by accident because I got separated with my wife and I don't know how to cook because I'm severely colorblind plus I don't really cook to begin with.

I also knew what Ketosis was but I ignored it because of the 'old thinking' that fats is BAD for you but I was completely wrong. I found out Ketosis through my cousin Dan. He has been telling me for years to try that but I was close minded. I wish I should've listened earlier.

I got inspired by my friend Kylie. I started dieting earlier than her but yet she beat me to it. That's when I realised that I'm doing something wrong. Absolutely wrong and opened up my mind.

When I discovered Steak and Egg diet. I was VERY hesitant because lets admit it. If someone in a forum says "They've done it", its not enough to believe that it actually works. To see is to believe and I'd like to thank Trevor of acalltoaction.net for his before and after photos (reference: Steak and Eggs Diet Challenge -- Intro | A Call to Action ). I was convinced to give it a go as soon as I saw his progress.

Unfortunately I'm currently at work I will remain vigilant to posts in grave detail how I have done it. Nonetheless, below is my result of 8-9 weeks of steak and egg diet.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was 68kgs, 5'7"5 and at the mid photo I'm 64kgs and until now 65kgs.

--I'll post soon
    Outstanding results Banjo! The 9th week photo shows outstanding mid section definition. Looking forward to reading your detailed review later.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I love s&e diet. I tried adding more low carb veggies back in and all it did was upset my stomach. Apparently my body happily adapted to only eating animal parts. Easier digestion!! I try not to stress when I eat a bit of raw almonds or 88% dark choco here and there since right now my school/ work life is stressful (going through hiring process for law firms; taking patent bar; work; gym; etc). I also have unfortunately been drinking starbucks with soy (shame!). I will resume strict s&e whenever things calm down a bit.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

LymanZerga is offline Junior Member
    I'm late to the party. This is my second day of pure steak and eggs. The day before I actually started on all egg diet (there is another thread discussing it). Then I saw this thread, and decided this is more fun. So in addition to all the eggs I ate, I made another steak and eggs meal. Definitely more enjoyable.

6'1" Male. 38 years. 285# at the beginning. I weighed myself this morning and the scale said 278#. Lots of water weight. Lots of fat to lose.

I am a software developer, so my life style used to be mostly sedentary. I started Couch to 5K program in March and completed it in May. Had to skip a few weeks of running due to extremely hot weather. It's much nicer these days so I started running again. The combination of running and this diet makes me hopeful.

I realized that I've been trying to lose weight for over 10 years now, going on different diets. PB made more sense to me that most. Still, no matter what I try, eventually I come back to 285. Getting down to 265# is my 10-year best (I was on Zone diet then). Once I got out of the Zone, I went back to 285.

So now it's steak and eggs, and exercise. Let's see what happens.

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    Anyone still doing the S&E diet? I'll be back on it starting tomorrow - can't wait, although I'm doing the minced beef (sometimes salmon) and eggs diet!

Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 488896979899 LastLast