Page 96 of 99 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 983

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 96

  1. #951
    canuck416's Avatar
    canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sebastopol, CA
    Posts
    1,173
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I'll probably do this also. I'm gonna call it "Critters and Eggs" and hope it catches on.
    Ha Ha...Critters and Eggs....I like it!

  2. #952
    cthy's Avatar
    cthy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipmunk222 View Post
    Hey, I need some help from all that have been doing the steak and eggs for awhile now. I started last week on Monday, and I was doing good, my appetite was good, only eating steak and eggs all week, breakfast and dinner, I lost about 4 pounds and I felt pretty good. Been primal since the beginning March, so I think I have the carb flu bypassed.

    So on Saturday I decided to do a carb day, sweet potato, some berries and a cup of no sugar added sweet frog frozen yogurt. I woke up Sunday feeling ok, but my appetite was slightly more (which I expected) By Monday my appetite was ravenous, even though I was eating a whole probably 8-10 oz steak and 3 eggs for breakfast and dinner plus a couple hard boiled eggs for lunch. Tuesday, my appetite was out of control, and my mood was quickly going downhill. Today I finally fell overboard thinking more carbs would make me feel better. I have eaten more carbs today than I have in the last week. My biggest issue is that I have gained all the weight back plus some, eating less than I normally would before the steak and eggs. Oh, and I forgot to add that the curb hunger during the day, sometimes I will have a couple of fat bombs to hold me to dinner.

    My body is tired, I hurt, I have no motivation... no energy and I'm depressed. What in the world has happened ? I'm 5'2, 48, and now 145 lbs. I'm sure I have forgotten something, so ask away.
    Hey there, I think I'm kind of facing similar problems as you! Like when I eat mainly fat and protein with minimals carbs (mainly from veg, not even fruit) I feel perfectly fine and high in energy, and the weight manages to come off (slowly but surely). I could also go fasted for 16-24h without hunger pangs, so I think I'm fat adapted and definitely pass the low carb flu stage. But once I start eating some carbs (rice, potatoes etc usually before I lift) I will start to feel dizzy (low blood sugar kinda feeling), lethargic, low in energy and have some mood swings.

    If anyone could enlighten me on this I'll be very grateful!

  3. #953
    KimchiNinja's Avatar
    KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    1,007
    Finished another month; added 1.3lb lean mass per the InBody analysis on Friday (some of this is water from starting creatine).

    I've evolved to steak, fish and eggs. Prior to this experiment I ate a good deal of chicken and pork, not going to do that anymore. Feel different on beefs/fish, better.

  4. #954
    Misabi's Avatar
    Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,540
    Quote Originally Posted by cthy View Post
    Hey there, I think I'm kind of facing similar problems as you! Like when I eat mainly fat and protein with minimals carbs (mainly from veg, not even fruit) I feel perfectly fine and high in energy, and the weight manages to come off (slowly but surely). I could also go fasted for 16-24h without hunger pangs, so I think I'm fat adapted and definitely pass the low carb flu stage. But once I start eating some carbs (rice, potatoes etc usually before I lift) I will start to feel dizzy (low blood sugar kinda feeling), lethargic, low in energy and have some mood swings.

    If anyone could enlighten me on this I'll be very grateful!
    If you feel so good low carb, do you need to increase them, or include starchy carbs?

    Does it make any difference eating the carbs post workout rather than before?
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

  5. #955
    Misabi's Avatar
    Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,540
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Finished another month; added 1.3lb lean mass per the InBody analysis on Friday (some of this is water from starting creatine).

    I've evolved to steak, fish and eggs. Prior to this experiment I ate a good deal of chicken and pork, not going to do that anymore. Feel different on beefs/fish, better.
    Awesome effort Kimchi. Are you stillseeing good increases in strength too?

    I still haven't gotten my diet or training back on track yet. My house is basically a building site at the moment, so my "gym" had been turned into a bedroom. Should be able to get back on track in the next week or so.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

  6. #956
    KimchiNinja's Avatar
    KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    1,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Awesome effort Kimchi. Are you stillseeing good increases in strength too?
    Yes! I forgot to mention. Lifts going up, up, up, strangely rapid increases all month. No way to know if it's the steak & eggs or the creatine, or both. Also recovery time has improved.

  7. #957
    canuck416's Avatar
    canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sebastopol, CA
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Yes! I forgot to mention. Lifts going up, up, up, strangely rapid increases all month. No way to know if it's the steak & eggs or the creatine, or both. Also recovery time has improved.
    Great to hear! I had a similar experience. It seems there is a lot of variance in people's responses to the diet. Just re-inforces my belief that we all need to experiment and tweek how we approach a Paleo blueprint, especially as it relates to training and body composition.

  8. #958
    cthy's Avatar
    cthy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    If you feel so good low carb, do you need to increase them, or include starchy carbs?

    Does it make any difference eating the carbs post workout rather than before?
    I will only eat carbs before I lift, or do high intensity sprints. Otherwise I don't touch them at all. But aren't we supposed to be able to handle some amount of carbs in our system, no matter what? It wouldn't really make practical sense for Grok to have a blood sugar crash after eating a bunch of sweet potatoes or mangoes right?

    If I eat them post workout, it helps with recovery, because i'll have to train the next day (I'm an athlete)

  9. #959
    Misabi's Avatar
    Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,540
    Quote Originally Posted by cthy View Post
    I will only eat carbs before I lift, or do high intensity sprints. Otherwise I don't touch them at all. But aren't we supposed to be able to handle some amount of carbs in our system, no matter what? It wouldn't really make practical sense for Grok to have a blood sugar crash after eating a bunch of sweet potatoes or mangoes right?

    If I eat them post workout, it helps with recovery, because i'll have to train the next day (I'm an athlete)
    So you still experience the same symptoms if you eat them post workout?

    When you eat them pre workout, when do you stay to feel the effects? Straight away, during the workout or afterwards?


    Assuming that you're a fit and healthy young athlete, without any kind of metabolic issues, yes you should be able to eat some starchy carbs or fruit without having dizzy spells etc afterwards.

    I'm no expert, so take this for what it's worth, I guess it could be due to exactly you being so insulin sensitive (rather than insulin resistant which is what we often see with older and/or overweight people who's systems have been hammered with high blood sugar and therefore high insulin levels for too long).
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

  10. #960
    cthy's Avatar
    cthy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    25
    PrimalCon New York
    It's much less severe when I eat them post workout, I'm not exactly sure why, maybe it's because they're replenishing my muscle stores and not flowing around in my blood stream.

    I feel it about 1 hour later, and sometimes during my workout (also around 1h plus later). But when I don't eat carbs pre workout, I'm okay only if I don't do high intensity stuff (sprints, weights).

    By too insulin sensitive you mean my pancreas releases a substantial amount of insulin everytime I eat carbs?

Page 96 of 99 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •