Page 95 of 99 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 95

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    QUOTE=Misabi;1225877]However, I'm not so happy with the loss of muscle mass.
    I'm convinced jet-lag + temporarily adapting to local foods, followed by reverse jet-lag and re-adapting to home foods is fairly tough on the body.

But the trip sounds fun!

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird, I haven't really been eating steaks but various parts of beef and veal for budget reasons... Luckily we Chinese people " eat everything" so I was brought up to eat liver, heart, eyeballs, brains, tongues.... Etc.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Paleobird, I haven't really been eating steaks but various parts of beef and veal for budget reasons... Luckily we Chinese people " eat everything" so I was brought up to eat liver, heart, eyeballs, brains, tongues.... Etc.
    That's great. You don't have the Western sqeamish-ness to overcome.
    I really do think that when people get themselves into troubles (e.g. scurvy) while trying to do an all meat diet it's because they are doing muscle meats only.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    ^ I would wonder if you could get into trouble with an all meat and rice diet. Glucose does displace vitamin C, so if your only source of glucose is one that is nutritionally void then that would bring on some real issues you might think.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    ^ I would wonder if you could get into trouble with an all meat and rice diet. Glucose does displace vitamin C, so if your only source of glucose is one that is nutritionally void then that would bring on some real issues you might think.
    Good question. Not sure about that. I don't do "safe" starches personally. For me there is no such thing. Most of my carbs come from fruits that you find in the veggie department such as tomatoes and avocados. Those of us that don't have a huge caloric budget to start out with don't have space to waste in it on "nutritionally void" anything.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    My carbs this week has been coming from dark chocolate. Too much chocolate at work ... Luckily cupcakes & etc no longer appeal to me.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    For those of you contemplating a second round of S&E, how about doing a "Nose to Tail Critters and Eggs" plan? Throw in some liver, an oxtail soup, a piece of salmon. Might keep it from getting boring and I bet you would see the same great results.

Just a thought.
    Yes I've been thinking of doing this next to compare results with S&E, its basically just another form of LC but there will definitely be more variety.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Yes I've been thinking of doing this next to compare results with S&E, its basically just another form of LC but there will definitely be more variety.
    I'll probably do this also. I'm gonna call it "Critters and Eggs" and hope it catches on.

Chipmunk222 is offline Junior Member
    Hey, I need some help from all that have been doing the steak and eggs for awhile now. I started last week on Monday, and I was doing good, my appetite was good, only eating steak and eggs all week, breakfast and dinner, I lost about 4 pounds and I felt pretty good. Been primal since the beginning March, so I think I have the carb flu bypassed.

So on Saturday I decided to do a carb day, sweet potato, some berries and a cup of no sugar added sweet frog frozen yogurt. I woke up Sunday feeling ok, but my appetite was slightly more (which I expected) By Monday my appetite was ravenous, even though I was eating a whole probably 8-10 oz steak and 3 eggs for breakfast and dinner plus a couple hard boiled eggs for lunch. Tuesday, my appetite was out of control, and my mood was quickly going downhill. Today I finally fell overboard thinking more carbs would make me feel better. I have eaten more carbs today than I have in the last week. My biggest issue is that I have gained all the weight back plus some, eating less than I normally would before the steak and eggs. Oh, and I forgot to add that the curb hunger during the day, sometimes I will have a couple of fat bombs to hold me to dinner.

My body is tired, I hurt, I have no motivation... no energy and I'm depressed. What in the world has happened ? I'm 5'2, 48, and now 145 lbs. I'm sure I have forgotten something, so ask away.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipmunk222 View Post
    Hey, I need some help from all that have been doing the steak and eggs for awhile now. I started last week on Monday, and I was doing good, my appetite was good, only eating steak and eggs all week, breakfast and dinner, I lost about 4 pounds and I felt pretty good. Been primal since the beginning March, so I think I have the carb flu bypassed.

So on Saturday I decided to do a carb day, sweet potato, some berries and a cup of no sugar added sweet frog frozen yogurt. I woke up Sunday feeling ok, but my appetite was slightly more (which I expected) By Monday my appetite was ravenous, even though I was eating a whole probably 8-10 oz steak and 3 eggs for breakfast and dinner plus a couple hard boiled eggs for lunch. Tuesday, my appetite was out of control, and my mood was quickly going downhill. Today I finally fell overboard thinking more carbs would make me feel better. I have eaten more carbs today than I have in the last week. My biggest issue is that I have gained all the weight back plus some, eating less than I normally would before the steak and eggs. Oh, and I forgot to add that the curb hunger during the day, sometimes I will have a couple of fat bombs to hold me to dinner.

My body is tired, I hurt, I have no motivation... no energy and I'm depressed. What in the world has happened ? I'm 5'2, 48, and now 145 lbs. I'm sure I have forgotten something, so ask away.
    Hi chipmunk,

First thing I'll say is this just may not be for you and if it's making you feel crap you may just want to go back to your normal diet, rather than suffering just to try to complete this particular experiment.

Having said that, if you do want to continue I'm sure between us we can look at we can look at what's happening for you to see if we can improve it for you.
    First thing you try if your hungry, eat more and see if that helps with the other stuff.

You say you've been primal for a while, so it shouldn't be can flu. How much carbohydrate were you eating in average before the S&E?

Do you know your average macros (eg. Fatrotein:carbs) pre S&E?

Are you eating more calories, the same or less than before?

Has anything else changed? Are you finding that your sleep Is worse?

Have you been working out more or harder?
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 95 of 99 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast