Page 91 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 91

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Wow Fynn fantastic results, congrats! 16 lbs. in 30 days is remarkable and your measurement changes are outstanding. Very motivating for many people I am sure.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Ok numbers are in. This has been a great experience. I plan on continuing for two more weeks.
    WOW.... what a change!!! Congrats and I'm glad you're still doing this for another 2 weeks with me.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Wow Fynn fantastic results, congrats! 16 lbs. in 30 days is remarkable and your measurement changes are outstanding. Very motivating for many people I am sure.
    +1 Awesome work Fynn!
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    I hate to be a downer but I'm out. The wife decided that this was not fun (it really affected her mood and energy levels) and if she ain't happy, I ain't happy, so I am officially off steak and eggs. I know that we could eat separate diets, and I could continue S&E, but that requires extra time that I don't have to spend in the kitchen.

On a side note, I received Starting Strength Vol. 3 on Friday and I've been tearing through it. I've gained a lot of confidence practicing my squat form at home, so this week I am going to finally start Lifting Heavy Things at the gym. I am going to be eating a ton of food trying to put on some size (currently a wraithish 6'2"ish 160lbs), so I'll be back to this thread in the future to cut down the inevitable fat gain.

Anyway, it sucks to flake out. Keep up the good work!
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    I hate to be a downer but I'm out. The wife decided that this was not fun (it really affected her mood and energy levels) and if she ain't happy, I ain't happy, so I am officially off steak and eggs. I know that we could eat separate diets, and I could continue S&E, but that requires extra time that I don't have to spend in the kitchen.

On a side note, I received Starting Strength Vol. 3 on Friday and I've been tearing through it. I've gained a lot of confidence practicing my squat form at home, so this week I am going to finally start Lifting Heavy Things at the gym. I am going to be eating a ton of food trying to put on some size (currently a wraithish 6'2"ish 160lbs), so I'll be back to this thread in the future to cut down the inevitable fat gain.

Anyway, it sucks to flake out. Keep up the good work!
    No problem aliphian, totally understand your situation. Thanks for contributing, your experience is just as valuable as everyone else's. Learning how following such a strict diet impacts our relationships is as important as learning how the diet impacts each of us. Thanks for participating!

Trying to add IF and calorie cycling into this week's S&E challenge. Will report on results.

S&E is infinitely easier week 3 than it was week 1....no more fatigue for eggs and very little straying outside of beef/lamb and eggs territory.

I'm not sure if S&E is making me lose weight despite a caloric deficit but it sure has helped my strength gains at the gym. I haven't lost much weight at all but I've been lifting a LOT more everywhere. I guess all that meat is helping me build muscles! Beef is magical.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Trying to add IF and calorie cycling into this week's S&E challenge. Will report on results.

S&E is infinitely easier week 3 than it was week 1....no more fatigue for eggs and very little straying outside of beef/lamb and eggs territory.

I'm not sure if S&E is making me lose weight despite a caloric deficit but it sure has helped my strength gains at the gym. I haven't lost much weight at all but I've been lifting a LOT more everywhere. I guess all that meat is helping me build muscles! Beef is magical.
    I had the same results, actually ended up gaining a few lbs. of overall weight even though my fat% went down. I was constantly doing IF since I only eat twice a day - lunch and dinner as prescribed in the original old school S&E concept I was following.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    I had the same results, actually ended up gaining a few lbs. of overall weight even though my fat% went down. I was constantly doing IF since I only eat twice a day - lunch and dinner as prescribed in the original old school S&E concept I was following.
    I have been doing daily IF in that fashion (lunch+dinner) ...plus now adding in 23/24 hr fasting on 2-3 of the days for calorie cycling. On the higher calorie days I will continue to only have lunch + dinner and try to have 1000ish calories (tons of unsalted butter) per meal. Hopefully this works to cut body fat a bit more efficiently. My body loves to gain muscle and hate losing body fat.

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Back on the S&E again. The three days off didn't do much damage, just up half a pound. Then again I didn't go too crazy. A couple drinks on Saturday, some pistachios on Sunday (chicken both nights for dinner), and a roast with three sweet potatoes Monday.

redzeoranger is offline Junior Member
    I would love to try this out though I have one question. I train MMA Tuesday's and Thursday's. Would I still eat just the two meals and consume no carbs even on training days?

Page 91 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast