Page 90 of 99 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 90

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Great Job Kegas! At 13.5 lbs. I think you set the record for weight loss in the group.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Congrats, kegas!

I ended up doing 3 weeks instead of 4. I gained strength on most of my lifts, am able to do twice as many tricep dips and sit ups as before. I lost 6 lbs during the s&e challenge and have kept that off easily for ten days now. I feel great and absolutely want to do this again. I'm now resuming my regular calorie counting primal ways. Thanks again for everything, Canuck. You rock.

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Great Job Kegas! At 13.5 lbs. I think you set the record for weight loss in the group.
    Well I did have the unfair advantage of having the most to lose. I tried taking measurements at the beginning of this but I suck at that (can never find the same spot again so numbers are all over the place) so it was pretty useless. I did break out the old jeans/shorts at the end of this week though. Thanks to everyone for the support.

I think I'm gonna hit the scotch tonight, have a sweet potato or two tomorrow and/or Monday and then dive back in. I think I might jump into the Journal forum for the rest of my 37 by 37 goal, not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post

I ended up doing 3 weeks instead of 4. I gained strength on most of my lifts, am able to do twice as many tricep dips and sit ups as before. I lost 6 lbs during the s&e challenge and have kept that off easily for ten days now. I feel great and absolutely want to do this again. I'm now resuming my regular calorie counting primal ways. Thanks again for everything, Canuck. You rock.
    Great, glad to hear you have kept off the weight. Keep us posted should you try the S&E at some other point. All the best!

Still waiting for eKatherine to give us an upudate. She disappeared off the forum about 6 days ago, she used to post 5 or 6 times a day and now nothing. Hopes she is okay, perhaps just taking a break, this can get a little obsessive!

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I thought eKatherine went on her vacation?

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I thought eKatherine went on her vacation?
    Okay, I guess I missed seeing where she mentioned that. Thanks

Novasteve74 is offline Junior Member
    6/1, Day 1 of S&E! I'm so ready! Here's an official start post:

-Going to be doing 1 meal a day, steak, eggs, butter or rendered fat, no regular calorie/macro tracking (maybe occasionally to check ratios aren't out-of-whack), relatively primal refeeds 1x/week (generally Sundays).

-Heavy lifting usually M,W,F, and usually fasted - alternating between A) Squats, Overhead Press, Weighted Dips and B) Deadlifts, Bench, Weighted Chins. 3 sets each reverse pyramid style (except Deadlifts [2 sets RPT] and bench [5x5]).

-I bike commute to work about 10 miles round trip, usually 4-5 times a week, so that'll count as my slow movement, and will throw in a couple time-trial style sprints along the way.

I changed it up a bit today, as I postponed my Friday weight session to today to start S&E off right. Today was routine A above, and PR's in all three for weight or reps bolded below. Followed the training session with a glorious and abundant 30oz of steak and 7 eggs.... Maybe a bit much, but I had to start it off with a bang... Tomorrow will be my first refeed, as though I haven't been doing strict S&E, I have been VLC during the week and doing Sunday refeeds for a couple weeks now. I also just finished a Whole30 for the month of May, so my refeeds might get a little off track so I can enjoy myself with the foods I'd cut out. Let's do this!

Stats and Personal Bests as of today:

25yr old - 5'6" - 146lbs - ~14-16% bf

Deadlift - 295# x 6
    Squats - 245# x 4
    Bench - 180# x 5 x 5
    Overhead Press - 115# x 5
    Weighted Dips - BW+60# x 8
    Weighted Chins - BW+30# x 7

Sounds perfect Novasteve74! Welcome to the thread and best of luck. Looking forward to hearing about your experience!

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck Novasteve! I'm starting my 4th week tomorrow. It's been working well so far!
    SW (1/4/12): 326 lbs. (48% BF)
    Steak and Eggs SW (5/11/13): 198 lbs.
    CW (6/2/13): 185.4 lbs. (??% BF)
    GW: 185 lbs. (~15% BF)
    0.4 lbs. to go, ??% BF to go

Fynn is offline Junior Member
    Ok numbers are in. This has been a great experience. I plan on continuing for two more weeks.

Day one measurements
    Neck 19 inches
    Waist at navel 49 inches
    Bicep 16.5 inches
    Chest 52 inches
    Weight 286
    BF% 29
    BMI 34
    Height 6' 6''
    Day 30 measurements
    Neck 17 inches
    Waist at navel 46 inches