Page 9 of 99 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 9

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Solgar brand desiccated liver - "100% argentinian beef liver, range fed, hormone free". Seems solid. I've tried finding fresh liver in my region, but they aren't really into that here.

Also check out Dr Ron's freeze-dried liver. I'm going to pick some up when I'm in the states in a couple weeks and test it out...
    Liver - New Zealand Grassfed Organic, Freeze-Dried
    Great, thanks!

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro13g View Post
    It means you should read the thread so it makes sense. It does, trust me me, it really does make more sense when you read the thread in post order.
    Your concern that I neither read the thread nor comprehended any of what it said has been duly noted. I understood everything but that garbled phrase you used and are apparently unable to define yourself.

The idea that I, a woman, would not be getting enough calories eating in this way is just odd. My advice to you still stands. If you think it is not the right program for you, it probably isn't. But it doesn't seem to me that would be a legitimate reason that no one should do an n=1 with it.

What could possibly happen? There really are only 3 options.

1. It won't work for anyone. Okay, tried and discarded. One month sacrificed in the cause of knowledge.
    2. It will work for some but not for others. Post-mortem time.
    3. It will work for everyone. Bonus!

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    I think he must have meant "too general and bunk"?

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    I think he must have meant "too general and bunk"?
    That may be the case. But what else he wrote is irrelevant to my situation. So it was unhelpful.

Zach is offline Banned
    What oldschool advice is this? I like the one day a week of a carb refeed but eating nothing but muscle meat and egs for a week steaight sounds like a great way to get severly inflammed. If you want to lean out the. Go ketogenic/low calorie 6 days a week and the 7th super high carb/low fat. This is exactly what Scott Abel recommends for natural bodybuilders to get shredded.

You also need to do multiple depletion workouts and a complete destroyer workout pre refeed.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    What oldschool advice is this? I like the one day a week of a carb refeed but eating nothing but muscle meat and egs for a week steaight sounds like a great way to get severly inflammed. If you want to lean out the. Go ketogenic/low calorie 6 days a week and the 7th super high carb/low fat. This is exactly what Scott Abel recommends for natural bodybuilders to get shredded.

You also need to do multiple depletion workouts and a complete destroyer workout pre refeed.
    Reminds me of the UD2.

Monday 1,100 kcal, 2 hours of depletions, 20 minutes cardio
    Tuesday 1,100 kcal, 2 hours of depletions, 20 minutes cardio
    Wednesday 1,100 kcals, 45 mins cardio
    Thursday 750 kcal from wake to 7pm, 1 hour total body depletions
    Thursday 7pm-Friday 7pm No exercise, <40g fat, 350g protein, 1,100g carbohdyrate
    Saturday 1 hour total body very heavy lifts, 300-400g carbs, <50g fat, 2500 kcal
    Sunday 1800 kcal, freestyle macros, OFF

Brutal. After 6 weeks I weighed 132 lbs and 29 slims were hanging off my ass. I was contemplating 28's. My shoulders looked freaky. You could see all the striations. But man was I having weird fat cravings. I'd run down nuns in a crosswalk for some ice cream. I never wanted ice cream so badly in my life.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Reminds me of the UD2.

Monday 1,100 kcal, 2 hours of depletions, 20 minutes cardio
    Tuesday 1,100 kcal, 2 hours of depletions, 20 minutes cardio
    Wednesday 1,100 kcals, 45 mins cardio
    Thursday 750 kcal from wake to 7pm, 1 hour total body depletions
    Thursday 7pm-Friday 7pm No exercise, <40g fat, 350g protein, 1,100g carbohdyrate
    Saturday 1 hour total body very heavy lifts, 300-400g carbs, <50g fat, 2500 kcal
    Sunday 1800 kcal, freestyle macros, OFF

Brutal. After 6 weeks I weighed 132 lbs and 29 slims were hanging off my ass. I was contemplating 28's. My shoulders looked freaky. You could see all the striations. But man was I having weird fat cravings. I'd run down nuns in a crosswalk for some ice cream. I never wanted ice cream so badly in my life.
    Haha, yea if you got the stomach for it, you can get completely shredded. UD2.0 works very well. Like you said though, it is extreme and probably not for the average dieter. It really should only be used for contest prep.

Z0oom is offline Member
    About the carb refeed day, what about fat content and all that. Should I smother my sweet potatoes in coconut oil or try to keep fat lower just on Sundays?

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    You are correct. This is a 4 week experiment, you are welcome to join in and judge the effects, share your experience and perhaps learn something about yourself or you can just sit on the sidelines and STFU. I'm certainly not implying we will get the same results as Zane, Columbo or Draper, but I am curious to see what will happen to the average person who tries the diet.
    Fixed it for ya

Zach is offline Banned
    Keep the fat non existent if you can. High carb + fat = instant fat gain.

Page 9 of 99 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast