Page 87 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 87

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I haven't been eating a surplus though...I broke even calorie-wise on carb refeed day and have been having a 500-1500 calorie deficit on other days thanks to salsa dancing for fun + weight training + HIIT 2x a week. Thus I'm pretty surprised that I'm gaining muscle at all. My goal was more fat-loss than muscle gain but I guess since my weight hasn't gone up I'm also losing some fat.
    I failed to consider the refeed days (since I haven't had one yet). I could probably create a large surplus on refeed day. Hopefully enough to even everything out.

How often are you refeeding? I am at around 13% bf at the moment and I want that under 10%. I guess I will start scouring these 86 pages, the info has got to be here somewhere regarding leanness and refeeds.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    I failed to consider the refeed days (since I haven't had one yet). I could probably create a large surplus on refeed day. Hopefully enough to even everything out.

How often are you refeeding? I am at around 13% bf at the moment and I want that under 10%. I guess I will start scouring these 86 pages, the info has got to be here somewhere regarding leanness and refeeds.
    I think someone did post for males that 10-15% bf you should refeed at least once per week.

I am doing my refeed once weekly to ensure diet compliance even though I'm sure I can get away with once every 2 weeks. It was nice to eat something other than meat and eggs for a day.

I just read that refeeds should be primarily starches instead of glucose/fructose/lactose/other sugars on the leangains website. I also remember on bodybuilding.com there was an article about how you should keep it to mostly starches but start every meal with a small piece of fruit. My first refeed was 50% fruits. I am planning on eating mostly potatoes/sweet potatoes/rice/veggies + 1 pint of blueberries this time around.

I am considering going back to my regular primal eating but just doubling down on all carb sources for the refeed day.

That would likely mean eating a half pound each of sweet and white potatoes, a banana, a couple handfuls of berries, honey in my morning coffee... Plus lots of other plants and animals.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Page 82 Canucks pics are finally approved!!!

Good job man.... looking fit!

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Page 82 Canucks pics are finally approved!!!

Good job man.... looking fit!
    Thanks Neckhammer! I'm pleased with the muscle growth but I'd still like to drop some body fat, just seems to take a little longer to get cut at 61, but I'll keep plugging away at it.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Thanks Neckhammer! I'm pleased with the muscle growth but I'd still like to drop some body fat, just seems to take a little longer to get cut at 61, but I'll keep plugging away at it.
    You sir are a mountain of motivation.

Wow, great job Canuck!!!

On another note, what's for dinner: grass-fed boneless beef ribs, steamed 3 hours until tender, brushed with rendered beef tallow and spices and put under oven boiler for 20 minutes. Since beef ribs are much cheaper than steak I might do this more often.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Wow, great job Canuck!!!

On another note, what's for dinner: grass-fed boneless beef ribs, steamed 3 hours until tender, brushed with rendered beef tallow and spices and put under oven boiler for 20 minutes. Since beef ribs are much cheaper than steak I might do this more often.
    Thanks! Wow that dinner sounds amazing, think I'll give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Thanks! Wow that dinner sounds amazing, think I'll give it a try.
    I rubbed a tiny bit of sea salt, and black pepper on the ribs before steaming and used a modified texas BBQ sauce recipe (using beef tallow instead of oil, stevia instead of molasses). Maybe after the challenge I'll be more liberal with liquid smoke.

This s&e challenge has had the side effect of making me more inventive with different ways to cook beef. Yum.

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    I hate eggs. HATE them. Gonna give this a rest for a week or two then come back to it.

Page 87 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast