Page 83 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 83

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm swamped with fun stuff, but probably tonight I'll get my Steak and Eggs After Action Report posted here.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Navajo is offline Member
    Just in case anyone is interested in what happens to a quite large guy when following the 1 month steak and egg diet, here are the stats that I wound up with.

First off, as embarrassing as this is to actually write down, I did a bench mark test prior to starting the SAE and did a whopping total of 6 pushups… After 1 month of SAE and working out 3 days a week, I did another test and now can do 23 pushups. Still woefully inadequate but a real improvement.

As for body weight changes, according to the bathroom scales, I went down 8 lbs at the lowest then gained back 3 so 5 lost total. Also, went down 1 pant size and 2 belt holes.

As for exercise, all movements increased. These are "work out weights" not maxes. Also, keep in mind the below numbers are Bowflex “weights” so not real world, but real improvements.

Exercise weights increased:
    Bench Press 180 – 230
    Shoulder Press 100 – 120
    Leg Press 210 – 310
    Bicep Curl 80 – 120

As for body composition Changes:
    Neck – same
    Chest – down .5”
    Belly – Down .5”
    Hips – Down .75”

So, would I have made the same improvements by following the PB and exercising? Maybe. But this experiment taught me a lot about real hunger and IF-ing to a point. Previously I would have a cup of coffee with cream early in the morning and then eggs and bacon around 9 am then lunch at noon then dinner at 7:30 every night. But while doing this I found that I didn’t even need the “breakfast” and was just eating it out of habbit. I now have the morning coffee around 6 am, then lunch anywhere between 2 – 4 pm then MAYBE dinner around 8 pm but it is a much smaller dinner and I feel fine all day long with plenty of energy.

Anyway, thanks Canuck for starting this challenge. I’ll be revisiting it in the future I’m sure.
    Last edited by Navajo; 05-27-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for sharing, folks. I am very curious to see the final numbers. Also, if possible, numbers in a week from now, to see how sustainable anything was.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the feedback Navajo! Your strength increases were quite good, so I am assuming you gained some lean body mass. The weight changes although not dramatic may not reflect the body composition changes and a possibly improved metabolic rate. The challenge was as much about improving fitness, especially strength and gain lean body (muscle) mass, you definitely succeeded in this area from what I can tell from your report. Based on my experience its still important to be in a negative calorie balance if your focus is on weight reduction, so I would do a diet diary every few days to make sure you are on track. Most importantly keep working out and be mindful of your total over all calories until you reach your goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Thanks for sharing, folks. I am very curious to see the final numbers. Also, if possible, numbers in a week from now, to see how sustainable anything was.
    Will do Leida, if someone chooses to go back to a more balanced Primal approach with increased carbs they will need to be mindful of their overall caloric intake and the importance of maintaining the right amount and type of exercise or end up back where they started. Hopefully some good patterns were established during the last 30 days (IFing, Strength Training and realizing you can get by on fewer carbs).

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Today is day 1 for the my wife and me. I started off kinda cheating; breakfast was bacon, eggs and liver. Ihad some stuff I needed to use before it went bad

I am going to take pictures and measurements tonight. I guess I might start my own SAE journal as well. Thanks for the inspiration guys!

Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    Today is day 1 for the my wife and me. I started off kinda cheating; breakfast was bacon, eggs and liver. Ihad some stuff I needed to use before it went bad

I am going to take pictures and measurements tonight. I guess I might start my own SAE journal as well. Thanks for the inspiration guys!
    Welcome to the Steak and Eggs thread! Good luck to you and the wife, I'll be following your results with interest. Don't forget to do some strength training and a day or two of some kind of intervals.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Welcome to the Steak and Eggs thread! Good luck to you and the wife, I'll be following your results with interest. Don't forget to do some strength training and a day or two of some kind of intervals.
    We plan on 3 bodyweight routines, 2 days of rock climbing and 1 day of sprints per week. Work has a way of ruining my plans though. I am supposed to be at the climbing gym right now but I am sitting here at work waiting on a coworker to complete his end so that I can finish up.

Hungry too. How do you guys deal with lunch? I don't like the idea of microwaved steak and eggs. So today I skipped lunch. I NEVER skip lunch. I hope that I can put away enough food for dinner to not have a huge calorie deficit for the day.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    How do you guys deal with lunch? I don't like the idea of microwaved steak and eggs. So today I skipped lunch. I NEVER skip lunch. I hope that I can put away enough food for dinner to not have a huge calorie deficit for the day.
    I am currently in the vacation period between law school & internship but I plan on bringing cold boiled eggs to eat for lunch on some days, fast through lunch some days, and then get some clean source of meat at a salad bar plus egg yolks on the rest of the days.

Welcome to the S&E challenge!

Day 9 for me... still feeling peckish from the carb refeed day for some reason so I decided to fast 23 hours until dinnertime. I ended up being grumpy most of the day because I did a large strength training workout both yesterday and this morning, plus I walked a good 7-8 miles between the 2 days. Moral of the story: don't fast if it feels way too stressful to do so.

I need to throw away the large bag of raw almonds in the fridge; I keep eating about 5-15 of them every day.

little vase is online now Senior Member
    I keep checking to see if your photos have been approved yet, Canuck. Maybe you can use tinypic and just link directly to the url.

Page 83 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast