Page 81 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 81

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Grats on seeing it through completely Canuck. I look forward to the final results.

I didn't start tracking till the 4th so I'm running it through to June 1. Not to mention I wouldn't want to end on this weeks results. Only two days out of the week were inline with the program and results reflect that. I've been up and down the same half pound all week. Official loss for the week is -0.6 lb, was +2.9 the morning after feast day, and -1.0 for the low of the week.

I'm not sweating the lack of loss this week though. It looks like I've added a little size in the chest and shoulders and the tiny bit of winging of the scapula that I had at the beginning of the month is gone.

This last week should be a good one. I feel like my head is in the game and I'm ready to be follow this thing to a T for these last seven days.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Day 7. I am not a whole lot lighter (-4 lbs on my lightest day, but today it's back to only -2ish?) but I compared my day 7 picture to my day 2 picture and I can see a slight difference in my body fat.

I think I need to rely less on bacon as a beef substitute and use lamb for when I don't feel like eating beef. That was probably why I'm up this morning.

Bought a lot of fruit and a box of honey nut cheerios. It's one of my old favorite foods that is naturally gluten-free.

I guess I'll be alone in continuing this s&e thing for the next month? I kind of like how simple it is (no more spending time wondering what to make for breakfast/lunch/dinner!) and how effective it is so I might extend this past 4 weeks if I'm not sick of only meat & eggs. The only downside is that it's not really the cheapest diet for a poor law student to be on...

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Bought a lot of fruit and a box of honey nut cheerios. It's one of my old favorite foods that is naturally gluten-free.
    Is this a new thing? According to all the info I have found, including on the manufacturer's site, there are no Cheerios that are gluten-free.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Is this a new thing? According to all the info I have found, including on the manufacturer's site, there are no Cheerios that are gluten-free.
    Really? I checked the ingredients and it was just oat and oat bran...unless oat bran isn't gluten free? In any case...I had a bit of oreo crumble on top of my nonfat frozen yogurt (no fat, tons of carbs, satisfies my weekly ice cream craving) just now so I guess I'm not 100% gluten free today either way.

Only gluten-free oats are gluten-free. Oats are generally grown in fields that may also grow wheat. They are handled by the same equipment that handles wheat. They are processed with the same equipment that processes wheat. So while "may contain wheat" sometimes is just a cover-your-ass thing, in the case of oats, it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Only gluten-free oats are gluten-free. Oats are generally grown in fields that may also grow wheat. They are handled by the same equipment that handles wheat. They are processed with the same equipment that processes wheat. So while "may contain wheat" sometimes is just a cover-your-ass thing, in the case of oats, it is true.

Awww. Darn it. Thanks for letting me know. I'll try to buy some quinoa puffs for carb refeed from Whole Foods after this box runs out. I know I should eat whole foods like Sweet Potatoes but for some reason I craved cereal this whole week.

Novasteve74 is offline Junior Member
    Can't wait to see the results! Glad everyone stuck with this. I'll be starting steak and eggs next Saturday to keep the fun going. You won't be alone, turquoise! After keeping up with this thread I inadvertently started easing into the steak and eggs idea. I've been eating fattier cuts of meat, more eggs, as well as subconciously cutting down on my vegetable intake. I also decided to cut back on my refeeds to Sundays only, rather than after every PWO meal. I'd already been doing the two meals a day thing, but this past Thursday decided to cut back to once a day feasts. All in all, very manageable, and I don't have to worry about packing food for work Can't wait to start!

thriveful is offline Senior Member
    I've read this all with interest. If the weekly refeed was just late afternoon each week it'd be pretty much the Carb Nite protocol by John Keifer.

He recommends very high GI carbs for the refeed, reducing the insulin window that the 'healthy' low GI or GL carbs produce.

Any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by thriveful; 05-26-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thriveful View Post
    I've read this all with interest. If the weekly refers was just late afternoon each week it'd be pretty much the Carb Nite protocol by John Keifer.

He recommends very high GI carbs for the refeed, reducing the insulin window that the 'healthy' low GI or GL carbs produce.

Any thoughts on this?
    I tried it. I went one cycle, then pigged out on carbs as per the protocol in the book. I felt horrible and was up until 4:00 am that night. I didn't eat the next day. By the weekend I had not yet lost back the weight I had gained. I would have tried it another week, modifying the carb refeed so as not to give me so many calories, but other things came up. I may try it again sometime.

I'm okay with carbs, but the megacalorie feedouts don't work for me.

thriveful is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think sweet potato, white potato and rice would be pretty clean, perhaps some ice cream as a treat. I think the high GI/GL foods makes sense for the backload, get the glucose stored and get the insulin levels down ASAP. Makes a bit of a mockery of the CW

Page 81 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast