Page 80 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 80

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Day 5. I've been eating various cuts of beef cooked various ways ("Italian sausage", hamburger patties, meatballs, steak, etc.), eggs, and about 5-10 almonds a day.

I never thought I'll miss things like spinach and broccoli in such a short amount of time. I'm sick of eggs so I might just eat various cuts of meat for day 6. I think I'm going to pick up some lamb for tonight and a beef rump roast (for texas brisket) for tomorrow.

I can't wait for sushi on Carb Refeed day Sunday!

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I'm sick of eggs so I might just eat various cuts of meat for day 6.
    I am not an expert by any means, but I would make sure those are fatty cuts of meat since you are missing out on fat you would be getting from the eggs.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    I am not an expert by any means, but I would make sure those are fatty cuts of meat since you are missing out on fat you would be getting from the eggs.
    Yep, you'll need to up your fat intake from somewhere else if you're dropping the eggs.

Today's the end of week 3 for me.
    I've made gains in strength (have increased my weighted pull-ups from 3 sets of 3 @ 20kg to 7/7/6 @20kg) but felt like. my conditioning had suffered a little. At least it did today, but that's most likely due to my last refeed being last Thursday (it's Sat AM here now).

I pushed my refeed back this week as a) I was feeling good and b) have a family gathering today, so it made sense).

This morning I thought I'd bust out an old favourite "Tabata something else", tabatas (work 20 secs, rest 10 secs, then repeat) of pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups and squats. You add up the total number of all the exercises you manage to do for a total score.

Today I thought i had scored 150, which compared to the 275 I scored the last time I did this in January is pretty poor. But I've just looked at my math again at it looks like it was my mental function which was really impaired! I actually scored 270, so not too shabby.

Will be interesting to repeat it after a good refeed.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    I have been trying to maintain at a 65-75% fat calories range. I mostly take 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil in the morning to fuel my workouts and to keep things down there happy in order to make up for the fats. I also take fish oil.

I ate some fatty lamb tonight... barely 65%. Trying to play around nutritionally to get 75% for tomorrow. (ended up logging 5 egg yolks).

I might go into Chinatown to get some salted duck eggs (Salted duck egg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and hundred-year eggs (Century egg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) to get some variety in eggs for next week.

I mostly take 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil in the morning to fuel my workouts
    Have you tried leaving to coconut oil until after your workout?

If your focus is on leaning out, you may find it works better to workout totally fasted first thing in the morning.

I might go into Chinatown to get some salted duck eggs
    I don't know why I've never thought of this, I occasionally get hold of fresh duck eggs at farmers markets etc, you can't get them fresh at stores here. But you can get salted in Asian good stores locally.

Might try some this week. I guess I'm just wary if food imported from china in general, what with things like melamine and cardboard showing up as unlisted ingredients.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Have you tried leaving to coconut oil until after your workout?

If your focus is on leaning out, you may find it works better to workout totally fasted first thing in the morning.
    I've tried fasted workouts. I might try it again but usually I find myself working out 2x as hard with some MFA's in my system. Also I remember reading a post where someone asked about if taking BCAA before workout would affect a fasted workout and Mark said not too much...and I would think protein would have more of an insulin effect than fat. (not sure).

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Might try some this week. I guess I'm just wary if food imported from china in general, what with things like melamine and cardboard showing up as unlisted ingredients.
    My grandma used to make salted duck eggs herself. It is just salt water and boiled duck eggs for 3-ish weeks if you want to make it yourself, but usually it is kind of hard for even Chinese brands to add fancy chemicals to such a basic staple and it's so cheap here I'll rather just buy it.

I would recommend the Century Egg too because it is basically a pickled egg with a basic solution (usually NaOH/lye instead an acidic solution (like vinegar)...however, it is kind of an acquired taste like stinky tofu.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Brazilian steak house all-you-can-eat.

Meat coma!

I've tried fasted workouts. I might try it again but usually I find myself working out 2x as hard with some MFA's in my system. Also I remember reading a post where someone asked about if taking BCAA before workout would affect a fasted workout and Mark said not too much...and I would think protein would have more of an insulin effect than fat. (not sure).
    You might find this an interesting read. Of course, there may have been more recent studies that differ etc.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/fasti...#axzz2UHLu4wYP

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Last day on Steak and Eggs. Well I did it, 4 weeks of Steak and Eggs! (about 90% - did have some liver, onions, mushrooms and jaleponos once in a while). Today I got up early walked 1 mile to the gym, did a leg and ab workout and walked home. On the way home I stopped at Whole Foods and picked up a pastured New York Strip and cooked it in lots of butter with 4 eggs for brunch. Tomorrow I'll report on weight, body fat % and get a photo done.

Squats - 1 X 15 @135 lbs., 1 X 10 @185 lbs., 1 X 8 @225 lbs., 1 X 6 @275 lbs, 1 X 3 @ 315 lbs.
    Hack Squats - 1 X 12 @135 lbs., 1 X 10 @185 lbs., 1 X 8 @225 lbs.

3 Tri-Sets - Thigh Ext. 150 lbs X 12, Leg Curl 85 X 12, Calf Raises 200 X 12

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Last day on Steak and Eggs.
    Congrats!!!! I still have...3 weeks to go. I might actually go beyond 4 weeks and just mix it up on the meats.

bbq_diya.jpg \
    ^Today's dinner looks good. My first attempt at trying to recreate Texan brisket (I'm a Texan transplant in NYC for school). I couldn't use molasses for the BBQ sauce for obvious reasons so I used a few drops of stevia (thus the funny coloring/texture). Tons of bacon and beef fat used for the oils in the sauce to up my fat intake.

Page 80 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast