Page 78 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 78

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Okay just reading through the thread (on page 70) and I have one question:

Has anyone experimented with carb refeed with mostly starches versus mostly fructose/lactose (fruits & dairy)?
    The first refeed I had rice and potatoes, the second refeed I had mostly fruit. Not much to go on, but I felt basically the same both time, recovered as quickly both times, and made strength gains in the same amt of time. I did gain about 4 lbs during each refeed but lost it during the next week.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    So today makes 4 weeks, right Canuck? Post up some measurements and pictures! Or did I miss it?

Anyhow, I've been following this thread and thinking about doing this thing and then this morning my wife said "Honey, this weekend when we go grocery shopping let's just get steak and eggs."

She is on board so IT IS ON! We will likely start on Monday.

Z0oom is offline Member
    My re-feed usually consists of lots of fruit. I would definitely not want to for-go bananas though, as I use them in my pancakes, and as a nice mid-day pick me up. I generally eat a whole bunch of them. Sweet potatoes are definitely my second favorite thing to eat besides bananas, shoot they look like a big veiny bicep, that's gotta be some mimicry of nature there haha. And I usually have maple syrup and or honey with one or two items throughout the day.

And also an apple or two, the sorbitol draws water into your lower intestine making digestion easier after all that fiber which can temporarily constipate me if I dont have any coffee or apples. My body is definitely adapting well to the S&E, which is easy to pass in normal looking stool, and after carb day I get a little plugged, but come monday/tuesday its back to normal again.

Canuck please make a new thread when you decide to start another challenge, this was a lot of fun and I have made great strides in my health and fitness in these past couple weeks. I would definitely be interested in having two re-feeds a week, perhaps we could hone in more on carbohydrates and our sources of sugars making it a smoother transition from carb day to meat day.....although it is hard to top this current schedule I must admit!
    Last edited by Z0oom; 05-22-2013 at 10:50 AM.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Huh. I thought fructose doesn't spike the blood sugar level like glucose/etc does? I thought perhaps glucose/starches would be better for carb refeed after a few pieces of fruit at the beginning, but seems like everyone's experiences are proving me wrong.

Thanks everyone for chiming in! I think I will eat a balanced amount of starches/fructose come Saturday (my planned refeed day).

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    If I understand correctly, fructose is metabolized like alcohol. So I should probably quit drinking, but instead have decreased fruit intake.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Well, it's not exactly steak and eggs so far this week. Too much dark chocolate and too many larabars laying around. But my abs are still getting more defined. The larabars don't seem to be interfering.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    So today makes 4 weeks, right Canuck? Post up some measurements and pictures! Or did I miss it?

Anyhow, I've been following this thread and thinking about doing this thing and then this morning my wife said "Honey, this weekend when we go grocery shopping let's just get steak and eggs."

She is on board so IT IS ON! We will likely start on Monday.
    This is the last week, Steak and Eggs ends on Saturday night. Sunday is for weight, photos etc. and of course a refeed celebration.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z0oom View Post
    My re-feed usually consists of lots of fruit. I would definitely not want to for-go bananas though, as I use them in my pancakes, and as a nice mid-day pick me up. I generally eat a whole bunch of them. Sweet potatoes are definitely my second favorite thing to eat besides bananas, shoot they look like a big veiny bicep, that's gotta be some mimicry of nature there haha. And I usually have maple syrup and or honey with one or two items throughout the day.

And also an apple or two, the sorbitol draws water into your lower intestine making digestion easier after all that fiber which can temporarily constipate me if I dont have any coffee or apples. My body is definitely adapting well to the S&E, which is easy to pass in normal looking stool, and after carb day I get a little plugged, but come monday/tuesday its back to normal again.

Canuck please make a new thread when you decide to start another challenge, this was a lot of fun and I have made great strides in my health and fitness in these past couple weeks. I would definitely be interested in having two re-feeds a week, perhaps we could hone in more on carbohydrates and our sources of sugars making it a smoother transition from carb day to meat day.....although it is hard to top this current schedule I must admit!
    Will do ZOoom, its been great getting to know everyone. Kind of like a tribe!

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    Into my third week now and I have def put on muscle mass. Not had my bf calibrated so just eyeballing it and going off my gym performances. Got a bit annoyed the other day when I managed to put on a few pounds but that seems to have smoothed out now.

Will stretch this for another 4 weeks.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    If I wasn't going on holiday at the end of the month I'd carry on for another few weeks. Might need to get back on it after the holiday anyway ;-)

One thing I have noticed, I can chow through steak and 6 fried eggs like nobody's business, but make an omelette with the same amount of eggs and it's so much more filling! I couldn't finish breakfast this AM, had to have a small lunch instead.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 78 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast