Page 77 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 77

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I guess I should start with stats:

Height: 5'9"
    Waist: 29"
    Hips: 41"

Hope to get to 27" waist by the end. I've seen 28" before so this shouldn't be *too* difficult...

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
    hi all i wanted to know how this works with everyone. doesn't calories cause for a gain not loss for any slim or average then fat loss?

i always wanted to try this but never understood what makes it superior....

plus i'm wonder if the use of say meat like chicken and drench in more butter would qualify too...

right now i'm trying to lose 5lbs plus some water retention, however my body has leaned and toned out.....

at 1700-2050 calories range seem to be at a 60/37/3 ratio vlc meat and egg plan

but how would it work for a female trying to drop 5lbs and boost metabolism?
    For me the diet is really a focus on building lean body mass and reducing body fat not on weight. I have tracked calories and stayed calorie postive and actually gained a couple of pounds (actually gained 4 lbs of muscle and lost 2lbs of fat). Others have tracked calories with a goal of losing weight by staying calorie negative. Track your calories and control your intake based on what you hope to accomplish. Make sure you lift heavy weights a few times each week and I'd also suggest a day of sprints at the local high school track. Keep it steak (beef or bison) and eggs as much as possible, although you can vary it up with other beef parts like calf liver, heart, kidney etc.
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-21-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I guess I should start with stats:

Height: 5'9"
    Waist: 29"
    Hips: 41"

Hope to get to 27" waist by the end. I've seen 28" before so this shouldn't be *too* difficult...
    Welcome turquoisepassion! Looking forward to following you results, best of luck!

Thank you!

I went to the butcher shop today and everyone stared at me since many girls in NYC are vegan/vegetarian and I got about 6 lbs of various cuts of beef.

Steak and eggs all week sounds amazing. I might add some bacon and lamb into the mix though.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Welcome turquoisepassion! Looking forward to following you results, best of luck!

Okay just reading through the thread (on page 70) and I have one question:

Has anyone experimented with carb refeed with mostly starches versus mostly fructose/lactose (fruits & dairy)?

I know on body building forums for carb cycling high carb days they suggested eating 1 piece of fruit before each carby meal to fill up the liver stores.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Lean mass up two pounds, fat down two pounds. Direct conversion, perfect symmetrical success! And suddenly 5x5 curls with 50 pound weights seems too easy. Shirt's too tight around my arms again, too.

Welcome, turquoisepassion!

Has anyone experimented with carb refeed with mostly starches versus mostly fructose/lactose (fruits & dairy)?
    Starch is the devil!!! Okay, okay. I just happen to be unable to digest it, that's all. Starch would be too slowly digested and fail to spike blood sugar and insulin, anyway, as I understand it.

Yes, though most meals are just steak and eggs, I have a pound of liver at least once a week, and have had a pound of bacon twice in place of steak. Did ground beef once, but blah, it's hard to finish a pound of ground beef.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 05-21-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

whitegirlinasia is offline Junior Member
    I'm totally failing with the self working out thing. As in I haven't done it yet. I have just been going to karate twice a week consistently and riding my bike to and from work. But the ride home (all up hill. And not a small hill) suddenly has become much less difficult. I guess if I work out today and tomorrow that'll give me 4 training days this week.

Going out on a date tonight. Is it rude to eat the meat out of the bun with a fork? Lol.

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Man I am completely off the rails this week.

Instead of a carb-up on Sunday I made a 6 lb hotel style turkey breast. Instead of eating at 6pm and fasting till 10am like normal I just keep chowing till bed. Over 6 hours I must have ate 3-3.5 lbs of turkey along with some left over crap mayo. The next morning I was up 3lbs, it may have just been my imagination but my muscles seemed a little plump (along with the rest of me). I was hoping this would mean some nice lifts but some of my joints were aching. (only overhead press was able to go up in weight)

Meat selection at the store was crappy this week so the steak for dinner sucked and I only ate about half of it. I was really hunger come bedtime so I finished off the last bits of turkey. (second night w/o normal 16h fast).

I woke up today, fortunately all the weight gained from Turkeyfest had left me. I only ended up doing half of my regular walk and I wasn't looking forward to the crappy steaks again so we ended up ordering naked chicken wings.

I need to dig through the chest freezer and see if there is anything decent in there, might be a flank steak.

Okay just reading through the thread (on page 70) and I have one question:

I know on body building forums for carb cycling high carb days they suggested eating 1 piece of fruit before each carby meal to fill up the liver stores.
    I used mostly starches in my refeed. I would mash a yam with white rice and add some balsamic vinegar, I also ate white potatoes and had gluten free spaghetti. I did also have some fruit, an apple, orange or bananna for variety. My protein was low fat, usually tuna. Interestingly having listened to descriptions of the 70s refeeds, they used no such constraint, any thing went, beer, pizza, spaghetti, cake, pies...basically just a contest to see how much they could eat.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome aboard!

Like Canuck, I have a little fruit (one or two bananas, maybe an apple or orange), then it's kumara and or white rice. Last week I made kumara and maple syrup thick cut chips, which were fantastic. Roasted with just a little coconut oil to stop them sticking and maple syrup for flavour.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Page 77 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast