Page 76 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 76

whitegirlinasia is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Only 4 days in. Starting weight 61 kilos, this morning, 58.5. That's some crazy water weight.

How often is everyone working out?

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whitegirlinasia View Post
    Only 4 days in. Starting weight 61 kilos, this morning, 58.5. That's some crazy water weight.

How often is everyone working out?
    Welcome! It varies, but most of us are on some kind of strength training routine with sprints once or twice during the week. Weight training is real important in the trial as we are trying to increase muscle mass and metabolic rate while reducing body fat. Probably 3 times a week on the weights is enough - Train with intensity and I would suggest that you strive for increases each week in all your major lifts - dead-lifts, squats, bench press and some kind of shoulder press.

Z0oom is offline Member
    Made an egg and ground beef egg casserole. My only cheat is a little basil in the eggs, but wow it is a nice switch up.

Work outs are going slow but still doing at least a few curls and pushups everyday. Even after carb day I felt a little weak, it is getting very hot outside and no ac in the house yet, so now I go into full drench sweat mode everytime I try to work out, which is a good thing in some ways.

I really need to make sure I have proper form down on my lifts and do them slowly and patiently, I find that near the end of my set I will suddenly change the dumbells 90 degrees this way or that in an effort to get them up. It usually works but I would look foolish doing that in a gym.

whitegirlinasia is offline Junior Member
    I don't have access to a gym so I guess it's just going to be my usual karate class twice a week and whatever strength building exercises I can do on my own at home. I feel some squats are in my future.

Kegas76 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whitegirlinasia View Post
    I don't have access to a gym so I guess it's just going to be my usual karate class twice a week and whatever strength building exercises I can do on my own at home. I feel some squats are in my future.
    Walking lunges are always fun.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Nothing better than a body weight workout in the park on a sunny California morning! Getting in shape for the summer...Here's a photo...Contemplating how many pullups to do -

Attachment 11756
    Canuck you are looking good! I see new definition.

Paleobird Guest
    Hey Canuck

I just threw in the towel on the milk experiment. The first few days were great, 8lbs in 4 days. Then it seesawed up and down coming to rest right back where I started after one week. Ah, the things we do for science.

There may be some use however for the milk plan as a carb refeed alternative for people doing a carnivorous plan such as this. Whole milk has quite a lot of carbs in it. Some people here have reported bloating issues with starchy veggies and this might be an alternative if you can find raw milk and/or you tolerate it well.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hey Canuck

I just threw in the towel on the milk experiment. The first few days were great, 8lbs in 4 days. Then it seesawed up and down coming to rest right back where I started after one week. Ah, the things we do for science.

There may be some use however for the milk plan as a carb refeed alternative for people doing a carnivorous plan such as this. Whole milk has quite a lot of carbs in it. Some people here have reported bloating issues with starchy veggies and this might be an alternative if you can find raw milk and/or you tolerate it well.
    Thanks for the update PB! Interesting experiment and appreciate the tip on using raw milk in the refeed, its worth a try. I'll be saving it for my next experiment as I'm coming to a much needed break at the end of this week from Steak and Eggs. Need a week or two of primal eating just for some variety and I want to give some thought on where I want to go with my next phase of exercising. Look forward to hearing from others who started S&E later and who may want to give this a try.

natosha120 is offline Junior Member
    hi all i wanted to know how this works with everyone. doesn't calories cause for a gain not loss for any slim or average then fat loss?

i always wanted to try this but never understood what makes it superior....

plus i'm wonder if the use of say meat like chicken and drench in more butter would qualify too...

right now i'm trying to lose 5lbs plus some water retention, however my body has leaned and toned out.....

at 1700-2050 calories range seem to be at a 60/37/3 ratio vlc meat and egg plan

but how would it work for a female trying to drop 5lbs and boost metabolism?

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I saw this thread yesterday and immediately started it with my next meal (only had breakfast with some edamame and almonds, so not really that carby). I don't even eat much carbs other than tons of vegetables and I already lost 2-3lbs of water weight today (what?).

I have a feeling I will get to know my local butcher shop very well by the end of this experiment...

Page 76 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast