Page 73 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 73

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegas76 View Post
    Official weekly Saturday weigh in: -1.8lbs this week which means -7.2lbs overall.
    Wow. You're killing it. That's a fantastic average! And don't forget that you're also gaining muscle.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Before this challenge is over I'm going to do a push up. I've never done one in my life. A real one.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Before this challenge is over I'm going to do a push up. I've never done one in my life. A real one.
    Good for you. It is very doable.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Since my goal was to add muscle and not lose weight I have made sure to be calorie positive each day for the last two weeks. For me this trial was about increasing muscle mass and reducing body fat, for most others it was about fat and weight loss. Today's weight of 172 lbs is up a total of 4 lbs since I started. Definitely not fat as I can tell by looking in the mirror that I look a bit leaner than when I started, but feel I've gained some muscle in my chest, arms and shoulders because my T-Shirts are definitely tighter. Also I've probably added some leg muscle due to my intense leg workouts.

Great workout this morning! I did intervals on the track first, followed by my leg workout at the gym.

Jog 1 mile to the Track
    10 X 100 meters
    Jog 1 mile back to the Gym

Squats - 15 X 135 lbs., 10 X185 lbs, 8 X 225lbs, 6 X275 lbs, 3 X 295 lbs
    Hack Squats - 12 X 135 lbs, 10 X 185 lbs, 8 X 205lbs.
    Burn out set of Squats - 20 X 135lbs.

Thigh extensions - 150lbs/Leg Curl - 90lbs/Calf Raises - 220lbs (Tri-Sets 3 X12)

It's been great hearing about everyone's experience and results! Really appreciate all of your contributions to the thread. Refeed day tomorrow and then just one more week for those of us that started at the beginning. Its amazing to me how fast a month goes by. Wishing all of those just starting the best!
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-18-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    As it's the end of my 2nd week into the steak and eggs experiment, I thought I'd put up some update shots:

Starting pics as of the 02/05/13:

18/05/13:

02/05/13

18/05/13

No major difference, but I've lost just over 1/2" off my waist, while maintaining chest/arm size. I haven't weighed myself since before I started (was 73.5kg / 162lbs the week before, which is normal give or take 1/2 a kg).

Might be able to get to my in-law's to weigh myself today, if not it'll be next weekend.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Paleobird Guest
    I can see a difference. The V is showing more on your tummy nicely framing that cute little patch of fuzz you have under the navel. Forgive this shamelessly leering old lady.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Thanks PB, leer away 😊

As per the norm, I'm just too lazy for my own good. While I have been trading 3 to 4 times a week (a mix if body weight, weighted body weight and weights) I haven't been done any sprinting. It doesn't help that it's now dark by the time I finish work and raining often. But there is a cardio room at work (which I've yet to step foot into), so I'm going to get in there at least once this week. Probably do some rowing sprints.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats Misabi. I think your improvement is very good. Especially the oblique - ab tie in and the emergenging definition of the abs. Great results!

whitegirlinasia is offline Junior Member
    That's some serious progress! I'm looking forward to seeing my own results. I'm only on day two. Now for a little breakfast!
    ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1368919836.730733.jpg

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I'm feeling seriously undermotivated right now. The thought of beef does not make me want to eat.

Page 73 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast