Page 71 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 71

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    For those of you who are interested in where you are in your strength fitness, here are some strength testing charts that you will find interesting.

Weightlifting Performance Standards

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    Bench press: Intermediate
    Deadlift: Intermediate (10 pounds away from Advanced)
    Press: Intermediate
    Squat: Advanced

I'll take it! Thanks, canuck. This is also a good site, especially if you don't know your 1RMs:

Strength Standards

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I'm starting to think I should refeed more often than once per week. Granted, I'm only at the end of my second week, but I think I would get more weight room performance out of a 4/-5 day refeed cycle, and I'm already very lean. I'm not seeing myself really lean down even more so far at the end of week 2, but I'll push this out another week and evaluate, still doing the 7-day refeed. Next time I do this hack I'll change the refeed timing up a bit.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I'm starting to think I should refeed more often than once per week. Granted, I'm only at the end of my second week, but I think I would get more weight room performance out of a 4/-5 day refeed cycle, and I'm already very lean. I'm not seeing myself really lean down even more so far at the end of week 2, but I'll push this out another week and evaluate, still doing the 7-day refeed. Next time I do this hack I'll change the refeed timing up a bit.
    I agree, I think I'll experiment with a 4 day refeed cycle and go 6 weeks, next time I go on a VLC body comp focused cycle.

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    My whole to refeed or not to refeed dilemma just became a moot point as I've just polished off 4 very large homemade chocolate chip cookies...oh well I've eaten non stop all day...guess I will call it a refeed/binge and move on...tomorrow is another day....bye bye losses : (

Z0oom is offline Member
    It seems like my fat loss is slowed down, as I still have a small belt of fat when sitting around my lower abdomen, but its nothing to fret about, I probably need larger abs!

I like the idea of twice a week refeed. But I am sticking to once a week for this challenge. Now that I am in the swing of things, I think it will be much much easier to dial in, how many carbs, and when to eat throughout the week. I like the idea of having sugars and carbohydrates as a rare fuel, instead of a daily staple that we must consume.

aprimalmomma, dont worry about the cookies, I am sure you will bounce right back into this.

After avoiding gluten for so long, I have convinced myself that I will feel sick after eating wheat or wheat flour. I probably wouldn't, but it keeps me in check for the most part. Ohhh, someone brought in cookies and doughnuts for work today....better not eat one so I dont have to deal with an upset stomach later.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post
    As ridiculous as it sounds, this would drive me insane. I get cranky when I can't deadlift. The thought of having to use the pec deck, leg press machine, and (gulp) a Smith rack makes me nauseous. I realize how that sounds. I don't care. Power cage or bust.
    I'm totally with you. Have made due with dumbbell 8x8 sets for two weeks but was looking forward to getting back to the olympic barbell. LOL @ smith machine, those things are crap in my opinion. That's where I draw the line, would rather do nothing.

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    aprimalmomma, dont worry about the cookies, I am sure you will bounce right back into this.

I hope so but it seems like I have 3-4 good days then a bammer....today was the first day when I didn't /could't fast in 2 months and once i opened the door I just couldn't shut it till I made myself sick which is what all this sugar and gluten is going to do to me along with the 4 burgers and 6 pieces of bacon 3 eggs 3tb of butter that preceeded it

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I shared a giant plate of sushi and rolls with my husband for dinner. And ate more strawberries. Later I'll have yogurt and honey and more strawberries.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by little vase; 05-17-2013 at 07:16 PM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    My breakfast went right through me, and when supper finally came around I was so hungry while cooking I ended up munching on bacon and ham. Not a lot, but, well... I was planning on going out for steak, but when the plans fell through, it was on top of a totally messed up day. I have no idea how much I ate. Do you subtract the meal that passed right through you and eat extra to compensate?

Page 71 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast