Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 985

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 7

  1. #61
    pyro13g's Avatar
    pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    370
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Eat fattier meat.
    Irrelevant Eat 8 eggs and 2lbs of steak with butter is to general and bonk.

  2. #62
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,372
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro13g View Post
    Irrelevant Eat 8 eggs and 2lbs of steak with butter is to general and bonk.
    I don't even know what this means.

    If it doesn't appeal to you, or you don't think it will work for you, don't do it.

  3. #63
    pyro13g's Avatar
    pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I don't even know what this means.

    If it doesn't appeal to you, or you don't think it will work for you, don't do it.
    If you don't get what I said then do not try the egg, steak, and butter DIET

    " But I doubt you will be in calorie deficit eating 1 1/2 to 2 lbs of steak and 8 eggs cooked in butter each day." You didn't make that comment, I was just debunking it. It's too general and could lead people to gaining weight and some paunch where they don't want it if in a surplus of energy. Could also lead to loss of muscle/metabolism for those short on energy.

    Posting a Vince Gironda strategy used on elites, well you have to think about that and apply it to the non-elite. There's crossover to us made of of average genetics but the results will not be the same.
    Last edited by pyro13g; 04-25-2013 at 08:33 PM.

  4. #64
    KimchiNinja's Avatar
    KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    1,350
    April results are in and I'm pumped up. "Steak and eggs" just started this week, so whatever impact that will have, will be reflected next month.

    "InBody" Composition Analysis:
    Dec - 190lb, 30% bodyfat, .94 hip/waist ratio (Mid-Dec)
    Jan - 173lb, 20% bodyfat, .90 hip/waist ratio, +7.3lb lean mass
    Feb - 174lb, 19% bodyfat, .89 hip/waist ratio, +2.2lb lean mass
    Mar - 172lb, 17% bodyfat, .88 hip/waist ratio, +0.4lb lean mass
    Apr - 170lb, 16% bodyfat, .88 hip/waist ratio, +1.1lb lean mass

    YTD - 28lbs fat lost, 11lbs lean mass gained, 1lb "mineral" lost, net change lost 18lbs. *

    * Based on electrode analysis using an InBody machine, it is supposed to be one of the more accurate methods available...and I'm not going to argue with results since they pass the "makes sense" test. The only number I was shocked at was the +7lb lean mass in 6wks when switching to "paleolithic" nutrition. Breaking it down the machine said intra/extra-celular water stayed roughly the same and "protein" category increased 8lbs. So all I can guess is that skeleton/muscle jumped with the sudden massive boost in quality protein intake.

    After that initial jump seem to be averaging 1lb muscle per month, plus some body fat reduction. Goal is to hit 12% BF and then hammer away on strength training, so lots more work in 2013. But I think "steak and eggs" plus 8x8 old school sets in May/June will help get there...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #65
    pyro13g's Avatar
    pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    April results are in and I'm pumped up. "Steak and eggs" just started this week, so whatever impact that will have, will be reflected next month.

    "InBody" Composition Analysis:
    Dec - 190lb, 30% bodyfat, .94 hip/waist ratio (Mid-Dec)
    Jan - 173lb, 20% bodyfat, .90 hip/waist ratio, +7.3lb lean mass
    Feb - 174lb, 19% bodyfat, .89 hip/waist ratio, +2.2lb lean mass
    Mar - 172lb, 17% bodyfat, .88 hip/waist ratio, +0.4lb lean mass
    Apr - 170lb, 16% bodyfat, .88 hip/waist ratio, +1.1lb lean mass

    YTD - 28lbs fat lost, 11lbs lean mass gained, 1lb "mineral" lost, net change lost 18lbs. *

    * Based on electrode analysis using an InBody machine, it is supposed to be one of the more accurate methods available...and I'm not going to argue with results since they pass the "makes sense" test. The only number I was shocked at was the +7lb lean mass in 6wks when switching to "paleolithic" nutrition. Breaking it down the machine said intra/extra-celular water stayed roughly the same and "protein" category increased 8lbs. So all I can guess is that skeleton/muscle jumped with the sudden massive boost in quality protein intake.

    After that initial jump seem to be averaging 1lb muscle per month, plus some body fat reduction. Goal is to hit 12% BF and then hammer away on strength training, so lots more work in 2013. But I think "steak and eggs" plus 8x8 old school sets in May/June will help get there...
    So tell us what you did to make lean mass increase.

  6. #66
    KimchiNinja's Avatar
    KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    1,350
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    I am sure you could use any fatty meat but then it wouldn't be called a "Steak and Eggs Diet". Back in the 70s they just stuck primarily with steak and eggs adding some other meat once and a while probably won't make a difference but try and stick with Steak (your variety can come from different types of steak). The Steak and Eggs diet was developed by famous bodybuilding trainer Vince Gironda as a way to burn off all excess bodyfat. It is the simplest diet in existence and it is one of the most effective.
    Agree, I'm a big fan of "do what works" and wait for theory to catch up. This diet was proven to work by the old school guys (Gironda, Arnold, Scott, etc). Yes, as some mention it goes over on protein, and thus may throw you out of ketosis, and maybe steak gets old, but so what. There could be something to it.

    By the way I'm eating a grass-fed t-bone steak and butter as I type this hehe...cranked out 45min of 8x8 sets this morning after drinking 12 eggs and heavy cream.

  7. #67
    pyro13g's Avatar
    pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Agree, I'm a big fan of "do what works" and wait for theory to catch up. This diet was proven to work by the old school guys (Gironda, Arnold, Scott, etc). Yes, as some mention it goes over on protein, and thus may throw you out of ketosis, and maybe steak gets old, but so what. There could be something to it.

    By the way I'm eating a grass-fed t-bone steak and butter as I type this hehe...cranked out 45min of 8x8 sets this morning after drinking 12 eggs and heavy cream.
    Proven to work for those with elite genetics. As long as the complete protein profile mimics "steak and eggs", results should be the same for elites. Y'all need to look into the other strategies Vince used for Lou and Arnold (elites). No matter what we all do, we won't get those results. If we could, we wouldn't be in this forum. We can try those strategies to see if we get improvement but when comments come out stating how a strategy worked for elites and imply they work for the rest of us is just unconscionable.

  8. #68
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,372
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro13g View Post
    Irrelevant Eat 8 eggs and 2lbs of steak with butter is to general and bonk.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro13g View Post
    If you don't get what I said then do not try the egg, steak, and butter DIET
    Really? The fact that I don't know what "to general and bonk" is supposed to mean means I shouldn't try this?

  9. #69
    pyro13g's Avatar
    pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Really? The fact that I don't know what "to general and bonk" is supposed to mean means I shouldn't try this?

    It means you should read the thread so it makes sense. It does, trust me me, it really does make more sense when you read the thread in post order.

  10. #70
    KimchiNinja's Avatar
    KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    1,350
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro13g View Post
    So tell us what you did to make lean mass increase.
    Nutrition is my guess. I spend a lot more time in the kitchen than the gym.

    Nothing special in the gym. First six weeks were 45min stationary cycling 6-days a week at a fairly challenging pace. After the large percentage body fat decrease heavy lifting (StrongLifts) 3x a week at near max every single session for a couple months. Now switching to 8x8 sets with only 30sec rest, as I'm not cool with the current body fat. I want to gain strength, but the fat has to go first, plus that's easier.

    BTW, I've worked out before, and it never did jack. Nutrition was what changed this time. Thanks Mark.

Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •