Page 69 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 69

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Agreed, its definitely a theory, part of why this is a trial to determine best practices including time between refeeds or whether refeeds are beneficial etc. That's why its great to get all the feedback from everyone highlight their personal responses and adaptations.
    I see it as a practical consideration to see if what we are doing has the desired effect. Even if it does and does so consistently, there is really no way that any of us could say it was due to leptin reset as opposed to eating mostly fatty meat or a carb day every week vs other frequencies. It's not something we are in any position to test rigorously. Isn't it true that there's really no way to test for leptin issues?

Sugarbare88 is offline Member
    You're bringing sexy back! Yeah!!! You get it....because you are showing your back.....and Justin Timberlake said that in his....

Very awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Things have been looking a little bit different every day. Today I asked my boyfriend if my shoulders looked larger, and he said, "definitely". Photographic evidence:

All that handstand work.
    BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    I think instead of a full blown refeed I'm just going to go with an alternate protein day with some veggies and see how it goes...fruit and dark chocolate aren't going anywhere and will be there to reintroduce in moderation when I reach my goals...there doesn't seem to be much of an updside to a refeed and since I have only a little to lose, the water gain will demoralize me and is not really worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by aprimalmomma View Post
    ...fruit and dark chocolate aren't going anywhere and will be there to reintroduce in moderation when I reach my goals...
    This is how I feel about wine, cheese, and bacon.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I see it as a practical consideration to see if what we are doing has the desired effect. Even if it does and does so consistently, there is really no way that any of us could say it was due to leptin reset as opposed to eating mostly fatty meat or a carb day every week vs other frequencies. It's not something we are in any position to test rigorously. Isn't it true that there's really no way to test for leptin issues?
    Very true and I am not aware of any leptin issue tests, just anecdotal evidence from others sharing their experience. For me its all about peak performance and how I feel in my training. If I go for an extended period on a VLC diet of more than 6 days I have diminishing returns, progression stops and eventually muscle loss. Of course this is all a personal experience and not necessarily true for anyone else and may not even be important for those just trying to lose weight and not necessarily concerned about fitness performance.
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-16-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Z0oom is offline Member
    So I made a big chuck roast in the oven. It turned out...okay, I gave it too much heat trying to brown it though.

So I decided to make a mayo for on top.

After breaking my emulsification 3 times, and wasting a few more precious yolks, I finally made an olive oil mayo that tastes like heaven. It reminds me more of a hollandaise because of all the yolk, but it tastes damn amazing.

Now if I can keep this stocked, I might be able to wean my family members off of storebought mayo and those bad oils.

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Dropped 2lbs from last Friday, gonna refeed hard Saturday night/sunday (all-you-can-eat sushi!)

Sent from my ADR6350 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I changed my mind about ditching the refeed. Not that I really want or need the refeed, I just think the mental break is good for me. And I ended up 2 lbs lighter on the scale this morning (so I relost everything I gained last week plus one more lb, so as of now I have lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks) which isn't monumental but it's most likely 4 lbs that I wouldn't have lost otherwise. If nothing else this is a great plateau-buster. So....today is banana smoothie and chocolate covered strawberries day, and I'm looking forward to that!

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Oh my god. These strawberries. I feel like Humphrey Bogart in The Caine Mutiny. I'm now obsessed. They're so sweet and juicy. Each one is dipped in all primal ingredients and each is the size of my palm. This is breakfast.

2j1vk1x.jpg

a9oi9s.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Oh my god. These strawberries. I feel like Humphrey Bogart in The Caine Mutiny. I'm now obsessed. They're so sweet and juicy. Each one is dipped in all primal ingredients and each is the size of my palm. This is breakfast.
    The local supermarket has a sale on strawberries this week, Two one-pound boxes for $2.50. I may have to buy 2 boxes and eat them both on Sunday.

Page 69 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast