Page 67 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 67

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just to provide another data point...

After the weekend refeed meal (NOT refeed day) I'm always up 3lbs too. That seems normal and not something to get worked up about.

That weight is consistently gone by Tuesday morning (the video posted about the old school body builders says they experienced 8lbs up on Monday!!!) and then the rest of the week is ketosis .5-.8lbs lost per day, so net about 3lbs down per week.

But the refeed does feel important. I'm 15%BF and could probably go two weeks without a refeed but might get cranky!!

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    I actually lost weight after my refeed, but don't think I'll need one every week.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Another data point. I stayed under 2000 cals on my refeed last Friday (it was mostly fruit and lean meats and some starch), and just today weighed myself, and I'm up a lb since last Friday morning. My first week I had lost 3 lbs and today I'm back up one lb. So I'm still weighing more than I did last week, with zero cheats on the s&e days. I was hoping to drop another lb or two this week; we'll see what the scale says tomorrow, my refeed day. I may forego it. I'm not a slave to the scale but of course was hoping the s&e would bust me out of the lose a lb, gain it back, lose a lb, gain it back. lose a lb, gain it back yo-yo plateau I've been on since March.

This is my second week on the challenge.

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    This past weekend I had a roughly 2.5 day refeed between Friday morning and Sunday afternoon. It was non-Primal; at least 1,200 g carbohydrate over ~60 hours. I gained 9 pounds. It all vanished by Wednesday morning. This weekend I'll be having just one carbohydrate rich meal.

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Another data point. I stayed under 2000 cals on my refeed last Friday (it was mostly fruit and lean meats and some starch), and just today weighed myself, and I'm up a lb since last Friday morning. My first week I had lost 3 lbs and today I'm back up one lb. So I'm still weighing more than I did last week, with zero cheats on the s&e days. I was hoping to drop another lb or two this week; we'll see what the scale says tomorrow, my refeed day. I may forego it. I'm not a slave to the scale but of course was hoping the s&e would bust me out of the lose a lb, gain it back, lose a lb, gain it back. lose a lb, gain it back yo-yo plateau I've been on since March.

This is my second week on the challenge.
    I'm in the same boat with respect to week 2. I moved my carb-up day to Saturday for the purpose of alcohol consumption and it took until today to get back to even.

Per ajm's advice (due to my weight) I'm gonna just ditch them. Instead I'm just going to switch it to an alternate protein day. There is a turkey breast in the freezer calling my name.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I think I'll ditch too. I think we started at the same time, let's keep comparing notes, Kegas76. I like the alternate protein idea. I have a bag of shrimp in the fridge and a piece of salmon

ajm....wowie. I'm trying to wrap my head around your carb refeed. Hardcore. 9 pounds. And it's all gone already. That's a huge whoooosh!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    You can scramble in the shell easily by simply shaking the egg furiously. The whole tying cloth thing is just silly.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

moon7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post
    This past weekend I had a roughly 2.5 day refeed between Friday morning and Sunday afternoon. It was non-Primal; at least 1,200 g carbohydrate over ~60 hours. I gained 9 pounds. It all vanished by Wednesday morning. This weekend I'll be having just one carbohydrate rich meal.
    WOW that's some serious whoosh

moon7 is offline Member
    I was also considering ditching my next re-feed but I don't think I am going skip it. I will really watch out for the carbs and fat. Will eat more veggies and some low carb fruits like berries. I think it is good mental break form S&E as long as I don't go over 50 gr of carbs. Today I am felling lousy, no energy whatsoever. I know that's the carb effect.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just did a fruit storm last weekend and it went great! Fruit it up! I have to avoid starch, but whatever. Kiwis (which are berries), berries, mangoes and more, it all did well and went right through, no gut trouble at all!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 67 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast