Page 66 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 66

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You can eat all the veggies you like on your refeed days Nixxy :-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

moon7 is offline Member
    Ouch, up 3 lb. I will do better on my next carb-reefed day. I know I went overboard on fat yesterday and carbs of course.
    Hope the water weight will go down quickly.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nixxy View Post
    There's a part of me that just can't deal with the idea of not eating vegetables!!
    I eat steak, eggs and greens.

Works just fine.

Less than 30g net carbs, in ketosis. I'd rip someone's head off if I didn't eat a few green carbs a day.

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    In case anyone is looking for a new way to have eggs:

Brilliant.

Daryl is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I agree with Mark about not letting the perfect become the enemy of the good. But grass fed clearly does have an advantage. It is one thing to say that, for me, at this time, the additional benefits of grass fed are not worth the premium price. It is another to say, "Yay, Walmart beef!" and "anybody who spends money of grass fed meat is an idiot". That was Mr. ZIOH's stand. Then, after getting the USWellness Meats link on his page, his policy changed to "Well, of course, it is a matter of personal preference and I would never try to influence what my readers buy." Maybe USWM gave him a lifetime supply of grass fed pemmican and he figured out what he had been missing.

And, about eating nose to tail, he pulled out a quote from the arctic explorer Steffanson about the Eskimos throwing liver to their dogs to justify the fact that he (Mr. ZIOH) doesn't like liver. I read that quote to mean the exact opposite. In a climate where the health of your dogs means survival for the people giving them the liver means it was highly prized, not considered unfit for humans.
    Yeah, "doctrine" could change over there, for sure I try not to rag on them, there are some good folks over there, of course, some have gone, too.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post
    In case anyone is looking for a new way to have eggs:

Brilliant.
    Wow, now that is something I have never heard of before. Worth a try for some variety.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    I understand the cost limitations of eating pastured meat but I do everything I can to ensure my meat is pastured, organic and local if possible. I feel the same about eggs, try to ensure they are from free range chickens, are not fed soy products or anti biotics and are from local farms. I believe the level of toxins, use of antibiotics and growth hormones makes most of the typical meat products in grocery stores unhealthy to eat.
    I like to pretend the growth hormones are making my biceps bigger

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moon7 View Post
    Ouch, up 3 lb. I will do better on my next carb-reefed day. I know I went overboard on fat yesterday and carbs of course.
    Hope the water weight will go down quickly.
    No worries, this is a completely normal weight gain after a refeed. It will quickly drop over the next two days and by the end of the week you will be down from your low point weight that you recorded just before your refeed day.

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Free range eggs are still expensive sadly, at NZS$5.60 per dozen if your lucky (in a super market). Right next to trays of 30 cage eggs for almost the same price.

In fact, my food bill for this week came to approx $80, with the eggs costing as much as, if not more than the steak.
    I do get my eggs free range; I live in a fairly rural area of Texas, and there are a number of families that raise their own chickens, and let the little devils run free, and eat bugs and whatnot. We get them for $2 a dozen.

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    I am little concerned about doing a carb refeed...I'm in my 2nd week of S&E and haven't done one yet...I was wondering if it was necessary...or is it just in there so people can have a break/indulge carb cravings...what does the refeed do for you?

I'm not sick of S&E and am worried that a refeed will leave me vulnerable to overeating either that day or the next...how do people feel the day after a carb up? I so a 20/4 IF will I be hungrier the day after? I can't have grains or starch so my refeed was going to be a roasted chicken (white meat only, no skin), a bunch of steamed asparagus, steamed cauliflower and a couple squares (3-4) of lindt 90 melted with strawberries...but if I don't "need" to do this to assist with fat loss, I might skip it...afraid it might be hard to shut the door once I open it if you know what I mean...

so...what do you all think? why do we carb up and is it necessary...I'm leanish and looking to drop those last 5lbs/3-4%bf

Page 66 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast