Page 64 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 64

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Holy crap, Katherine! You are looking damn good. You said the other day your clothes felt looser in the shoulders I think? Was that you? Mine are tighter.

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Very impressive. To still be making gains - it's so motivating. I've been setting new PRs on every single weight exercise this week. Who else? Most of you are in your 3rd week, right? I'm wondering if I'll be even stronger next week.

Canuck, are you planning on revisiting this s&e challenge yourself anytime in the near future? I think I'd like to take a month or two off from it and then do it again in late summer.
    Yes, I'll try it periodically throughout the year, but probably make modifications substituting another kind of meat or even salmon for steak a couple of times a week just for some variety. I try to periodize my training and diet experience to progressively better peaks two and sometimes three times a year. This month the focus is on body fat and I have been surprised with the strength increases.

Unlike those on the Forum who are all in on the meat only diet, I would find it boring over the long hall. I like variety and really love vegetables, fruit and big mix veg salads. So I'll mix it up during the year, I find its mentally healthy to have lots of variety.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Holy crap, Katherine! You are looking damn good. You said the other day your clothes felt looser in the shoulders I think? Was that you? Mine are tighter.
    Looser in the shoulders as the fat padding goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Things have been looking a little bit different every day. Today I asked my boyfriend if my shoulders looked larger, and he said, "definitely" -All that handstand work.
    Wow! Very impressive V shape Katherine, you are looking strong!

Daryl is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Not at all. I am however leery of supplementation in general, having been raised in a household where we took a handful of supplements several times a day, to no apparent benefit. I don't believe in the "insurance" hypothesis of dietary supplementation, whether it is based on "I'm gonna eat a crappy diet, but I'm okay because I'm taking vitamins," "The modern food chain is devoid of nutrients, so I need to take lots of vitamins" or "I feel fine and eat an excellent diet, but I probably have lots of nutritional deficiencies that I need to take large doses of vitamins to remedy."

I wish I had all the money my mother spent on supplements over the years.

Your mileage may vary.
    Understood.

Also, happy belated birthday, and kudos on your progress pic, you look terrific.

Daryl is offline Junior Member
    I was on the ZIOH site for a while, so the whole steak and eggs thang is something I know I'd enjoy, and do well on. I just need to get back on track.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    I was on the ZIOH site for a while, so the whole steak and eggs thang is something I know I'd enjoy, and do well on. I just need to get back on track.
    Yeah, I tried out the ZIOH forum for a little while but the two things that bugged me were Charles insisting that muscle meat only was the best, nose to tail eating was silly, and that grass fed was a waste of money. Funny how he's changed his tune on the last one since getting a sponsorship from USWellness Meats.

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    I've been lurking in here for a while & am really tempted to give this a go, but....

I mean I've been primal since March 2012. There's a part of me that just can't deal with the idea of not eating vegetables!!

I definitely only view them as an accompaniment to the meat & fat, but I always have SOME kind of vegetable. Whether it be half an avocado with my chicken or a bed of spinach for my steak, there's always SOMETHING.

I feel like that's something I just can't let go of that is so ingrained in what I eat that I must always eat vegetables.

I think I will keep lurking & pondering
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

moon7 is offline Member
    Hi everyone! I am lurker to this thread so I thought I should come out of lurkdom (if there is such word ) and introduce myself. I have been on steak & eggs for 2 weeks and have dropped 8 lbs. I actually eat lamb as my main source of meat with occasional turkey and salmon and of course eggs, butter, ghee, EVOO, CO. I know most of you lift heavy weights. I am back to lifting after 8 weeks break. Right now I am doing more endurance type of lifting (high reps low weights) and I workout to exercise DVDs. I also do lots of walking every day (1 hr).
    I am combing this with JUDD (alternative day fasting). I have DD (down days) at around 500 cal and up days anywhere from 1500-1900 cal. I am 124 lb right now with 20% body fat (I don't know how accurate my scale is, but I do have some body fat in middle that needs to go). My goal weight is 115-120. I wonder about the re-feeds for me. I had one today but it was a little disaster. I just overate carob chocolate that I made. I was planning on having some veggies and white fish and lots fruits, but it did not turned out this way. I wonder if re-feeds are necessary at my weight. I was really craving carbs today even thought my re-feed was not due till Friday (I think it is pre-menstrual cravings that made me go crazy on carbs). My carb cravings disappeared completely since starting s & e 2 weeks ago, but today I really went over my limits. I am looking forward to going back on protein tomorrow.
    Last edited by moon7; 05-15-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nixxy View Post
    I've been lurking in here for a while & am really tempted to give this a go, but....

I mean I've been primal since March 2012. There's a part of me that just can't deal with the idea of not eating vegetables!!

I definitely only view them as an accompaniment to the meat & fat, but I always have SOME kind of vegetable. Whether it be half an avocado with my chicken or a bed of spinach for my steak, there's always SOMETHING.

I feel like that's something I just can't let go of that is so ingrained in what I eat that I must always eat vegetables.

I think I will keep lurking & pondering
    I totally understand. Perhaps the idea of 4 weeks is a bit daunting. Why not give it a try for 3 or 4 days and see how you feel.

Page 64 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast