Page 63 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 63

Daryl is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Meh. Dusting is overrated.
    True. Come Easter, I'll collect my dust bunnies, and have extra eggs for breakfast.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I just scored 300 lbs (!) of 70-80s era Weider and Hercules plates and two bars for 5 dollars at an auction. The plates range from 2.5 lbs to 25 lbs. I took a look around at all the wheat bellies and thought, "I've got this one in the bag. None of these people here are interested in lifting". I was the only one to bid. I now have over 400 lbs of plates. So chuffed. I'm setting up a bare bones gym today.

I'm now up to a 20 minute daily jog. I could never go above about 4 minutes before without getting winded. I had breath to spare at the 20 minute mark but I like working up to something so I stopped at 20.

I'm being powered by steak and eggs.

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    I just scored 300 lbs (!) of 70-80s era Weider and Hercules plates and two bars for 5 dollars at an auction. The plates range from 2.5 lbs to 25 lbs. I took a look around at all the wheat bellies and thought, "I've got this one in the bag. None of these people here are interested in lifting". I was the only one to bid. I now have over 400 lbs of plates. So chuffed. I'm setting up a bare bones gym today.

I'm now up to a 20 minute daily jog. I could never go above about 4 minutes before without getting winded. I had breath to spare at the 20 minute mark but I like working up to something so I stopped at 20.

WHAT. That's the most amazing thing I've ever heard. What the hell. I paid $200 for 500 lbs of weights, a power rack, a barbell, a bench, and adjustable dumbbells. Until now, that was the best deal on training equipment I'd ever heard. You just won. Congratulations!

Know what.....you scored too! That's amazing. Especially with the bench and rack!

I know though...I still can't believe it. New plates here are a dollar a lb and about 60 cents a lb on sale.

Mind = blown.

Know what.....you scored too! That's amazing. Especially with the bench and rack!

I know though...I still can't believe it. New plates here are a dollar a lb and about 60 cents a lb on sale.

Mind = blown.
    Yeah this guy was helping his son move and needed to unload the weights that moment. He knew he was letting 'em go for nothing but hey. Buyer's market. Relatedly, I'm sneaking up on that magical 450 pound figure with my deadlift. It's going to be a while, as my 1RM is 395 right now, but the day when I can load the bar up with every plate I own and move it off the ground will be something special.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member

Wow that is a great deal! Its so much fun setting up your own gym and congrats your cardio improvement. You're doing great!

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post
    Yeah this guy was helping his son move and needed to unload the weights that moment. He knew he was letting 'em go for nothing but hey. Buyer's market. Relatedly, I'm sneaking up on that magical 450 pound figure with my deadlift. It's going to be a while, as my 1RM is 395 right now, but the day when I can load the bar up with every plate I own and move it off the ground will be something special.
    A 1 RM 450 lb deadlift at 170 bodyweight would be outstanding! I just did 1 RM in Bench Press on Monday - 245 lbs. I am typically weak on the bench so this was a decent number for me, a weight I haven't managed in over 20 years. Today I did a 1 RM full squat at 315 lbs. which is a decent number and Friday I'll see what I can manage on the deadlift. I don't think I'm in your league at 395 lbs. but it will be something to shoot for.

Surprisingly I felt quite strong in my interval session yesterday afternoon - 10 X 100 meters, so I don't appear to be missing the carbs at this point.
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-15-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    A 1 RM 450 lb deadlift at 170 bodyweight would be outstanding! I just did 1 RM in Bench Press on Monday - 245 lbs. I am typically weak on the bench so this was a decent number for me, a weight I haven't managed in over 20 years. Today I did a 1 RM full squat at 315 lbs. which is a decent number and Friday I'll see what I can manage on the deadlift. I don't think I'm in your league at 395 lbs. but it will be something to shoot for.

Surprisingly I felt quite strong in my interval session yesterday afternoon - 10 X 100 meters, so I don't appear to be missing the carbs at this point.
    Fantastic, canuck. If it makes you feel better my 1RM bench is only 220 lbs. After steak and eggs I'm gonna try 5/3/1 and start leveling up my bench press.

Man, I hope I'm still strong as you when I'm your age. That's really impressive.

Very impressive. To still be making gains - it's so motivating. I've been setting new PRs on every single weight exercise this week. Who else? Most of you are in your 3rd week, right? I'm wondering if I'll be even stronger next week.

Canuck, are you planning on revisiting this s&e challenge yourself anytime in the near future? I think I'd like to take a month or two off from it and then do it again in late summer.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member

Results

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Things have been looking a little bit different every day. Today I asked my boyfriend if my shoulders looked larger, and he said, "definitely". Photographic evidence:

All that handstand work.

Page 63 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast