Page 61 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 985

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 61

  1. #601
    Mr. Anthony's Avatar
    Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,343
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Good point, I am sure it was for men. For women I would add about 5% for each of the fat percentage ranges.
    So I'm I guy who's right around the 10% range. I'm trying to figure out if I should keep my refeed at one per week...

    At any rate, I won't be surprised if I take this to 3 weeks. I originally planned on 2 just to test drive it. I'm finding it easy so far.

    Sent via A-10 Warthog

  2. #602
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,410
    Young guy in front of me at the supermarket was ogling my cart. 4 pound tray of tri-tip steak, 1 large sweet potato, and 3 carboys of drinking water. He had a number of packages of mass-produced bread. Jealous.

  3. #603
    Mr. Anthony's Avatar
    Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,343
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Young guy in front of me at the supermarket was ogling my cart. 4 pound tray of tri-tip steak, 1 large sweet potato, and 3 carboys of drinking water. He had a number of packages of mass-produced bread. Jealous.
    Ha, I posted this somewhere else, but the other day I loaded up pounds of steak, cartons of eggs, and even more butter onto the market counter. The (older) lady behind me had MOUNTAINS of fruits. Piles and piles of it. And a few other veggies. Zero meat or fat or anything. ZERO. And she had to ask me to lift her watermelons onto the counter because she wasn't strong enough. I felt validated.

  4. #604
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Ha, I posted this somewhere else, but the other day I loaded up pounds of steak, cartons of eggs, and even more butter onto the market counter. The (older) lady behind me had MOUNTAINS of fruits. Piles and piles of it. And a few other veggies. Zero meat or fat or anything. ZERO. And she had to ask me to lift her watermelons onto the counter because she wasn't strong enough. I felt validated.
    I recall reading that when you posted it.

    I sure didn't need help hefting one of those carboys onto the belt. My boyfriend is jealous of my biceps.

  5. #605
    CavemanJoe's Avatar
    CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Over here
    Posts
    199
    Thanks for the info, canuk. I'll give it a go and refeed on my third week.

  6. #606
    Knifegill's Avatar
    Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,956
    Been solid steak and eggs, but today I ate a pound of chicken liver with my eggs instead. Saves money and keeps me from feeling run down! Will eat my other steak soon...


    Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

    My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

  7. #607
    aprimalmomma's Avatar
    aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Okay, so you can just eat kerrygold straight, because it tastes so good. (You're not the only one.) But when you say it is hard to stop, what does that mean? You eat all 8 ounces? You open up another package and eat that, too? You run out and buy more?

    Here's what happens with me. If I don't eat enough protein or fat, I end up going crazy and binging on what I wasn't getting enough of. I go absolutely crazy on a low fat diet. I crave cheese, mousse, fatty meat... When I accidentally don't eat enough protein for a few days, all of a sudden I start craving meat, fish, cheese, and can't stop eating it.

    I think all binges have a physiological component. They don't come out of nowhere.
    Thanks...it helps to know other people go through this too...I try to analyze everything leading up to one every time it happens...this was a regular day, no added stress, home for my meals...but I think it was the weekend that left me deficient...eating out is always hard as they never give you enough meat because they want to fill the plate with crapohydrates because they are cheap so even though I was hyper aware not to eat anything but the meat and fat and was happy to make it through both days staying primal and s&eish, the cumulative effect I guess caught up with me on Monday...live, learn, move on...I will try and eat more this weekend and see if it helps stave off the Monday beast...

  8. #608
    hebsie's Avatar
    hebsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Good point, I am sure it was for men. For women I would add about 5% for each of the fat percentage ranges.
    ...perhaps a difference of 10% would be more realistic. Statistical, a healthy male is considered to be ~15%. A woman, more like 25%...hebs

  9. #609
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,410
    Quote Originally Posted by aprimalmomma View Post
    Thanks...it helps to know other people go through this too...I try to analyze everything leading up to one every time it happens...this was a regular day, no added stress, home for my meals...but I think it was the weekend that left me deficient...eating out is always hard as they never give you enough meat because they want to fill the plate with crapohydrates because they are cheap so even though I was hyper aware not to eat anything but the meat and fat and was happy to make it through both days staying primal and s&eish, the cumulative effect I guess caught up with me on Monday...live, learn, move on...I will try and eat more this weekend and see if it helps stave off the Monday beast...
    During normal times I've gotten home from eating out and gone to the fridge to eat more protein. A big reason I'm not eating out right now is that I can't get the size steak I need at any restaurants around here. (We don't have real steak houses.) You can't enjoy the carbs or alcohol, they don't feed you enough, why bother? Even on carb day, everything is too high in fat. Mashed potatoes with butter and cream? Doesn't fit in that day, either.

  10. #610
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,410
    I happen to like eating all my vegetables and fruits on one day after 6 days of meat and egg yolks. But I'm eating a bit different than most people do on carb day.

Page 61 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •