Page 61 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 61

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Good point, I am sure it was for men. For women I would add about 5% for each of the fat percentage ranges.
    So I'm I guy who's right around the 10% range. I'm trying to figure out if I should keep my refeed at one per week...

At any rate, I won't be surprised if I take this to 3 weeks. I originally planned on 2 just to test drive it. I'm finding it easy so far.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Young guy in front of me at the supermarket was ogling my cart. 4 pound tray of tri-tip steak, 1 large sweet potato, and 3 carboys of drinking water. He had a number of packages of mass-produced bread. Jealous.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Young guy in front of me at the supermarket was ogling my cart. 4 pound tray of tri-tip steak, 1 large sweet potato, and 3 carboys of drinking water. He had a number of packages of mass-produced bread. Jealous.
    Ha, I posted this somewhere else, but the other day I loaded up pounds of steak, cartons of eggs, and even more butter onto the market counter. The (older) lady behind me had MOUNTAINS of fruits. Piles and piles of it. And a few other veggies. Zero meat or fat or anything. ZERO. And she had to ask me to lift her watermelons onto the counter because she wasn't strong enough. I felt validated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Ha, I posted this somewhere else, but the other day I loaded up pounds of steak, cartons of eggs, and even more butter onto the market counter. The (older) lady behind me had MOUNTAINS of fruits. Piles and piles of it. And a few other veggies. Zero meat or fat or anything. ZERO. And she had to ask me to lift her watermelons onto the counter because she wasn't strong enough. I felt validated.
    I recall reading that when you posted it.

I sure didn't need help hefting one of those carboys onto the belt. My boyfriend is jealous of my biceps.

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the info, canuk. I'll give it a go and refeed on my third week.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Been solid steak and eggs, but today I ate a pound of chicken liver with my eggs instead. Saves money and keeps me from feeling run down! Will eat my other steak soon...

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Okay, so you can just eat kerrygold straight, because it tastes so good. (You're not the only one.) But when you say it is hard to stop, what does that mean? You eat all 8 ounces? You open up another package and eat that, too? You run out and buy more?

Here's what happens with me. If I don't eat enough protein or fat, I end up going crazy and binging on what I wasn't getting enough of. I go absolutely crazy on a low fat diet. I crave cheese, mousse, fatty meat... When I accidentally don't eat enough protein for a few days, all of a sudden I start craving meat, fish, cheese, and can't stop eating it.

I think all binges have a physiological component. They don't come out of nowhere.
    Thanks...it helps to know other people go through this too...I try to analyze everything leading up to one every time it happens...this was a regular day, no added stress, home for my meals...but I think it was the weekend that left me deficient...eating out is always hard as they never give you enough meat because they want to fill the plate with crapohydrates because they are cheap so even though I was hyper aware not to eat anything but the meat and fat and was happy to make it through both days staying primal and s&eish, the cumulative effect I guess caught up with me on Monday...live, learn, move on...I will try and eat more this weekend and see if it helps stave off the Monday beast...

hebsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Good point, I am sure it was for men. For women I would add about 5% for each of the fat percentage ranges.
    ...perhaps a difference of 10% would be more realistic. Statistical, a healthy male is considered to be ~15%. A woman, more like 25%...hebs

Quote Originally Posted by aprimalmomma View Post
    Thanks...it helps to know other people go through this too...I try to analyze everything leading up to one every time it happens...this was a regular day, no added stress, home for my meals...but I think it was the weekend that left me deficient...eating out is always hard as they never give you enough meat because they want to fill the plate with crapohydrates because they are cheap so even though I was hyper aware not to eat anything but the meat and fat and was happy to make it through both days staying primal and s&eish, the cumulative effect I guess caught up with me on Monday...live, learn, move on...I will try and eat more this weekend and see if it helps stave off the Monday beast...
    During normal times I've gotten home from eating out and gone to the fridge to eat more protein. A big reason I'm not eating out right now is that I can't get the size steak I need at any restaurants around here. (We don't have real steak houses.) You can't enjoy the carbs or alcohol, they don't feed you enough, why bother? Even on carb day, everything is too high in fat. Mashed potatoes with butter and cream? Doesn't fit in that day, either.

I happen to like eating all my vegetables and fruits on one day after 6 days of meat and egg yolks. But I'm eating a bit different than most people do on carb day.

Page 61 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast