Page 60 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 60

Daryl is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm about halfway through the thread, enjoying it alot. Good work!

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    For what its worth I read an interesting take on refeed frequency today that basically indicated the following:

If you currently have:

10% Bodyfat or less then you should refeed twice a week.

10 to 15% Bodyfat - refeed every 6 to 12 days

Greater than 15% Bodyfat - refeed every 2 weeks

Perhaps something to consider for those using the steak and eggs diet when they are are working their way down from higher bodyfat percentages.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    If butter is what you crave, eat butter. Go for it. Or steak or eggs, or all three.

I think the best thing to do to totally get a handle on it is to set calorie and macro targets and calculate your intake to make sure you eat enough. That's enough calories, protein, and fat. If you don't eat enough for your meals, you will end up craving and either binging or suffering.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    that makes sense. being female and old lol i think the body fat %ages are always more on the skinfolds than someone younger than us. but typically, i can go about 2 weeks almost zero carb before i start to get all the much maligned symptoms of the VLC diet.

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    For what its worth I read an interesting take on refeed frequency today that basically indicated the following:

If you currently have:

Perhaps something to consider for those using the steak and eggs diet when they are are working their way down from higher bodyfat percentages.

Well I'm about 19% give or take so...refeeds for me can only be veggies, honey or possible fruit as my GI issues require that I avoid mostly everything else...

ekatherine - my problem is that I can literally eat sticks of kerrygold...I just love it...and once I start, it is hard to stop...I set my calorie/macros and try to meet them and when I have a good day hit them right on but every 5 days or so I go crazy it seems and prob eat 2x as much like yesterday...didn`t know if this is common or if anyone had any ideas why it is happening...most days on s&e I felt awesome and totally in control which is why yesterday threw me...today for example totally fine...coffee with half & half - 3TB total throughout day, beginning at 4pm 4 eggs, 2 gf hamburgers, 2 gf hotdogs, 1TB kerrygold...started eating at 4pm and window will close at 8 and am at 1070c, 72g protein, 76g fat, 3g carb. Full, euphoric feeling and satiated.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    do the gf hamburgers and gf hot dogs have rice flour or corn meal or any other additives in them? i could prob eat a stick of butter on a bad day too.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post

If you currently have:

That must be for men only. Anything under 15% for a woman is likely to result in loss of menstruation which to me says it's unhealthy.

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    do the gf hamburgers and gf hot dogs have rice flour or corn meal or any other additives in them? i could prob eat a stick of butter on a bad day too.
    No rice or additives...cant have either...trader joe's gf hamburgers nothing but meat...I season with salt, garlic andf onion powder and the hotdogs are applegate farms so nothing but gf beef, spices and celery salt...all scd legal, primal and delish

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aprimalmomma View Post
    ekatherine - my problem is that I can literally eat sticks of kerrygold...I just love it...and once I start, it is hard to stop...I set my calorie/macros and try to meet them and when I have a good day hit them right on but every 5 days or so I go crazy it seems and prob eat 2x as much like yesterday...didn`t know if this is common or if anyone had any ideas why it is happening...most days on s&e I felt awesome and totally in control which is why yesterday threw me...today for example totally fine...coffee with half & half - 3TB total throughout day, beginning at 4pm 4 eggs, 2 gf hamburgers, 2 gf hotdogs, 1TB kerrygold...started eating at 4pm and window will close at 8 and am at 1070c, 72g protein, 76g fat, 3g carb. Full, euphoric feeling and satiated.
    Okay, so you can just eat kerrygold straight, because it tastes so good. (You're not the only one.) But when you say it is hard to stop, what does that mean? You eat all 8 ounces? You open up another package and eat that, too? You run out and buy more?

Here's what happens with me. If I don't eat enough protein or fat, I end up going crazy and binging on what I wasn't getting enough of. I go absolutely crazy on a low fat diet. I crave cheese, mousse, fatty meat... When I accidentally don't eat enough protein for a few days, all of a sudden I start craving meat, fish, cheese, and can't stop eating it.

I think all binges have a physiological component. They don't come out of nowhere.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    That must be for men only. Anything under 15% for a woman is likely to result in loss of menstruation which to me says it's unhealthy.
    Good point, I am sure it was for men. For women I would add about 5% for each of the fat percentage ranges.

Page 60 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast