Page 6 of 99 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 6

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    No Veg during the week , Not sure I can sustain this for four weeks.
    My current ketosis level is OK, along with IF, moderate protein and heavy weights and sprints - I think I could strip the SOME of the last few pounds of fat in a month. Interesting challenge.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I was INTO body building back in the 80s. Competition level. I know exactly what I am capable of, I just don't feel the need to "go there" again at this point in my life. I don't do exercise that I don't find fun any more.
    Ha Ha...I thought I would get some pushback on my response. Ok no problem, definitely appreciate your feedback. Wasn't thinking of this as an introduction to body building, just an opportunity to push boundaries. But thanks for all your input to the many blogs, you are definitely one the most knowledgeable contributors to the forum.
    Last edited by canuck416; 04-29-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Z0oom View Post
    I am all on board with steak and eggs, and carb sundays! that sounds like a great idea rather than just half-assing it all week long attempting to break the ketosis barrier.

Only thing is I have limited access to weights. I have a bar and around 50-100lbs of weights on hand. How do you feel about using pushups, or various body exercises in lieu of heavy max weight lifting? Or should I attempt it with what I got and just do a few more reps.

I did a little lifting in High School with a horrible diet, its been quite a few years now, and I bet that using these <100lb weights would give me a run for my money considering all I do is pushups and sit-ups.
    Sure start with Body weight then add weights after a week or 10 days, if you have limited weights just focus on increasing the reps. But make it challenging. The idea is to encourage people to step outside their zone of comfort and press the envelope. This is how we grow and make improvements. Glad to have you on board!

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
    No Veg during the week , Not sure I can sustain this for four weeks.
    My current ketosis level is OK, along with IF, moderate protein and heavy weights and sprints - I think I could strip the SOME of the last few pounds of fat in a month. Interesting challenge.
    No problem, the idea is to make this a month where you step outside your normal activities and push the envelope a bit. Do what you can and share your best practices. It would be great to have your input.
    Last edited by canuck416; 04-25-2013 at 07:18 PM.

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    If your steak and eggs puts you in a calorie deficit ya better lift heavy and get adequate rest. At maintenance level calories steak and eggs type diets change body composition. As much as people slam P90X, that's P90Xs goal done the hard way in my opinion. Anyone that lost significant weight doing P90X did it WRONG!

Or just do it the PB way.
    Last edited by pyro13g; 04-25-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pyro13g View Post
    If your steak and eggs puts you in a calorie deficit ya better lift heavy and get adequate rest. At maintenance level calories steak and eggs type diets change body composition. As much as people slam P90X, that's P90Xs goal done the hard way in my opinion. Anyone that lost significant weight doing P90X did it WRONG!

Or just do it the PB way.
    Train hard, rest often, absolutely agree. But I doubt you will be in calorie deficit eating 1 1/2 to 2 lbs of steak and 8 eggs cooked in butter each day. Personally this is a one month experiment to see if what was common practice with body builders in the 70s works for me. Others can participate in the experiment and see if they can loose a few pounds of fat for the summer, feel free to join in! It will be fun and motivating to share our experiences.
    Last edited by canuck416; 04-25-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Ha Ha...I thought I would get some pushback on my responone. Ok no problem, definitley appreciate your input! Wasn't thinking of this as an introduction to body building, just an opportunity to push boundaries. But thanks for all your input to the many blogs, you are definitely one the most knowledgeable contributors to the forum.
    Thank you. And I love your challenge idea it's just that iron pumping is not right for everybody all the time. I do like the idea of the carnivorous diet plus pushing your capabilities to new heights. So maybe I'll climb a taller mountain or finally conquer that elusive pull up.

I just hope you are not making your challenge exclusively "lift hard or go home". There are many forms of challenging exercise. If someone is just starting out with a lot of weight to lose, it might be a great commitment to just get out for a walk on a daily basis.

Frankly, I just feel like I have spent way too much of my life in a gym already and it bores me to tears.

Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    I'd be in if I could afford it! Will be watching your progress.
    You can subsitute hamburger for the steak. Perhaps that would be more affordable.

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Train hard, rest often, absolutely agree. But I doubt you will be in calorie deficit eating 1 1/2 to 2 lbs of steak and 8 eggs cooked in butter each day. Personally this is a one month experiment to see if what was common practice with body builders in the 70s works for me. Others can participate in the experiment and see if they can loose a few pounds of fat for the summer, feel free to join in! It will be fun and motivating to share our experiences.
    8 eggs is only 560 calories. A pound of broiled sirloin is a little over 800 calories, 2 pounds approaching 1700. A quarter pound of butter 960 cals. Sorry but risk of calorie deficit for anyone lifting an active vs sitting on their back side all day. 8 eggs + 2lbs sirloin + 1/4lb butter leaves me close to a 400 calorie deficit.
    Last edited by pyro13g; 04-25-2013 at 07:39 PM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro13g View Post
    8 eggs is only 560 calories. A pound of broiled sirloin is a little over 800 calories, 2 pounds approaching 1700. A quarter pound of butter 960 cals. Sorry but risk of calorie deficit for anyone lifting an active vs sitting on their back side all day. 8 eggs + 2lbs sirloin + 1/4lb butter leaves me close to a 400 calorie deficit.
    Eat fattier meat.

Page 6 of 99 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast